What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Kudos to the Texans not taking Mendenhall. I don't understand why everyone thinks that is a position the Texans should be taking here. They don't have a long-term solution, but they have 3 capable RBs on the roster already even if they are injury risks. There are other positions you can't say even that much about.
I'm thinking my wild ### guess of Duane Brown may come true. He'd be a good pick at #26.
WOOHOOO!!!! :pickle: :headbang: :yes:

NFLN says Seattle only gets a 5 and a 7. I guess the Seahawks really didn't like anyone at #25.
Prob are looking at TE and no reason to rush that. Might as well pick up a few picks and drop back a few slots cause it is not like there is going to be a run on TE's.

Kudos to the Texans not taking Mendenhall. I don't understand why everyone thinks that is a position the Texans should be taking here. They don't have a long-term solution, but they have 3 capable RBs on the roster already even if they are injury risks. There are other positions you can't say even that much about.
I'm thinking my wild ### guess of Duane Brown may come true. He'd be a good pick at #26.
WOOHOOO!!!! :pickle: :headbang: :towelwave:
My house keys are in your inbox.This draft is a truck wreck.

I told all of you...repeatedly...that the Titans were not going WR in the 1st round.

I love it.

This guy is faster than Pacman Jones.
I agree with the first part, but DE and DT were where they needed to go. Passing on Merling is just unexcusable for a part-time RB. Johnson might be a glorified Napoleon Kaufman.
Titans are going to trade up in the 2nd for a DE or WR. Book it, Danno.
Oh, I believe. I just don't believe they could not have gotten Chris Johnson the same way

My last mock.

Wow... and ESPN sucks.

My house keys are in your inbox.This draft is a truck wreck.
I'll let you live there for free. The satisfaction is enough! :hey:

The pick is Duane Brown, rated as a late 2nd-rounder by most services. :towelwave:
I love it when an OL is drafted...total silence from the yahoos in the crowd. It's like a HS graduation where they announce everybody's accomplisments:"Diane Baker...Gold Medal Scholar, State Science Fair winner, Principal's list, Elks Club Award winner............Huey Brewer :crickets:............Ryan Carson....."

Why did they trade that high for Harvey? I'm a Gator homer and I wouldn't take him anywhere near that highly.
i think it's because there are not alot of Top end Rush DE in this draft. I think they went alittle high but who says he make any further than say.... 13.
Jacksonville gave up as much to get Harvey as the Vikings did to get J. Allen. Allen is a proven NFL player. To give that much for Harvey is a lot.

duane brown makes i think 7 OTs in 1st round (if you count albert)...

wonder what the record is?

i though baker & brown would be 2nd rounders...

Lorenzo Booker to the Eagles for a 4th rd pick
Great trade for the EAgles, and I'm a Dolphins homer.I also think this does wonders for Booker's fantasy value, as he seems to be very similar to Westbrook in terms of what he can do. With Westbrook losing time to injury almost every year, Booker will be a great number 2 guy. Better than Tony Hunt I think.

Seattle picking up a 5th and a 7th makes sense - they'll probably use one of those to take a flyer on kicker - another need you hate to "waste" a draft pick on most years...

another pick where ESPN was at commercial
Is it me or is this ESPN's worst ever coverage of the draft? The only thing that could've made it worse would be is STU was there.
The just completely dropped the ball anticipating the pace with the new 10 minute clock. Fitting in 2-3 minutes of commercials, get analysis, predictions, and player discussions the way they used to required an overhaul they didn't do.

Hoping the Packers take Merling at 30.
I am getting nervous. I hope he makes it down to their pick.
Merling, Phillips, or a wr.
I like Merling and Phillips but I am not impressed at all with this years WR crop.
I like Jackson, great in space, best returner in draft , and Hardy who is a great 6-5 red zone threat who caught 35 td's in 3 years.
I like Jackson but not with our 1st rounder. He is going to be an explosive returner, and that alone gives him a mmid 2nd round grade, but I am not enthusiastic about his ability at wr in the pros.

another pick where ESPN was at commercial
Is it me or is this ESPN's worst ever coverage of the draft? The only thing that could've made it worse would be is STU was there.
The just completely dropped the ball anticipating the pace with the new 10 minute clock. Fitting in 2-3 minutes of commercials, get analysis, predictions, and player discussions the way they used to required an overhaul they didn't do.
Yeah I haven't liked this at all.

Users who are viewing this thread