What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FWP salty wombs, mute points , and bob wire (1 Viewer)

DrJamesAndrews Fan

Footballguy
From Rotoworld

Willie Parker is not on the Steelers' Week 8 injury report.

He's practicing fully again. It is possible that the Steelers held FWP out of their Week 7 game as a precaution, knowing they'd stomp the Bengals without him. Parker will start against the Giants' fifth-ranked run defense Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is like pouring salt in a womb....I had Parker and couldn't use him and my opponent literally beat me with Moore...and to find out I think the Steelers knew they could win without Parker so made up an excuse to hold him out another week.

Steelers are going to need him with the upcoming schedule they face

Giants, Redskins, Colts, Chargers, Bengals (okay one gimme), Pats, Cowboys, Ravens, Titans

Simply brutal.

The more I look at it, the more I think FWP sitting last week was just to ensure he's 100% for this stretch.

Giants, Redskins, Colts, Chargers, Bengals (okay one gimme), Pats, Cowboys, Ravens, Titans

Simply brutal.

The more I look at it, the more I think FWP sitting last week was just to ensure he's 100% for this stretch.
Make it two. Colts run "D" sucks. Other than that though, pretty tough.

Simply brutal.

Was looking at it more from the real life W-L standpoint than FWP's fantasy prospects.But, you are right. Fwp may have 3-4 big games out of this stretch.

this is like pouring salt in a womb....I had Parker and couldn't use him and my opponent literally beat me with Moore...and to find out I think the Steelers knew they could win without Parker so made up an excuse to hold him out another week.
wha wha what? :thumbup:

Simply brutal.

Was looking at it more from the real life W-L standpoint than FWP's fantasy prospects.But, you are right. Fwp may have 3-4 big games out of this stretch.
The Cowgirls are still trying to Spay-n-Wash SJax's cleat marks off the backs of their jerseys. Make it three.

While this stretch in the schedule isn't easy, it's a whole lot less intimidating than it looked in the offseason. Giants are playing very well. Redskins are playing well, but not great. Indy hasn't been impressive at all. Chargers have been up and down. Bengals...enough said. Pats, Cowboys, and Ravens are all average teams, imo, although the Ravens are always tough to run on. The Titans are playing great, but who knows what happens that far down the road. Then they get Cleveland to close things out. And they get 5 of their next 7 at home.

I think FWP is a guy to target right now. HIs owner might be a little nervous because of the injury. He might be had pretty cheap.

So wait, FWP didn't really hurt his knee again last week and they just sat him an extra week because they were playing the Bengals? Am I getting this right? I'm feeling way less excited about my WW pickup of Moore now. I was hopeful of an extra 2-3 game stretch past the impressive Bengals showing while Parker healed again. :goodposting: :hifive: :(

Sporting News...FWP opens discount abortion clinic; film at 11.

SteelerMurf said:
:thumbup:

Steelers | Moore may start in Week 8

Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:16:15 -0700

kffl

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Mewelde Moore will start in the team's Week 8 game if RB Willie Parker (knee) is not able to play.

This was on the KFFL web site yesterday, sees to be a fluff item, but it makes me wonder if they know something we don't?

Steelers | Moore may start in Week 8Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:16:15 -0700kfflPittsburgh Steelers RB Mewelde Moore will start in the team's Week 8 game if RB Willie Parker (knee) is not able to play. This was on the KFFL web site yesterday, sees to be a fluff item, but it makes me wonder if they know something we don't?
:blackdot:

I heard Willie tripped in a hole and fell into some bob wire so this entire thread is a mute point.

Willie Parker was a Thursday addition to the Steelers' participation report with a knee injury.

Hopefully he didn't step in another hole. And that raises a serious question; why would an NFL team not have holes filled in at its practice facility? The Steelers are probably just playing it safe with Parker leading up to a big game against the Giants, but check back on Friday for his status.

Users who are viewing this thread