What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowboy Carter by Beyonce (1 Viewer)

I heard Texas Hold'em a month or so ago and thought it was pretty mid, but I'll have to give this one a full spin.

Agree on Folklore.

Hmmm. I don't like the Texas Hold'em song. Sounds like she just put together a bunch coutry song sounding phrases to make a country song. And my wife and I listened to the Jolene cover yesterday and both hated it.

Still can't deny her talent though. She is impressive. Guess I will give the whole thing a chance.

We’re doing new threads for every album we think is good now?
That works for me. Music is the best, so we should be encouraging more music threads!

As for Beyonce, I am not that familiar with her music in general, as she works in a style that is not really in my wheelhouse, but I may give this a try.
Might want to pare it down some. A new thread every time someone subjectively likes something and unequivocally says “this album is so good it deserves its own thread!” Nah.

That works for me. Music is the best, so we should be encouraging more music threads!

As for Beyonce, I am not that familiar with her music in general, as she works in a style that is not really in my wheelhouse, but I may give this a try.
Might want to pare it down some. A new thread every time someone subjectively likes something and unequivocally says “this album is so good it deserves its own thread!” Nah.
While I might agree generally speaking, Beyonce is still one of the biggest stars in the music world, so her releasing a new album is kind of a big thing, even if football guys aren't her target audience.

Or not click into the thread

I generally enjoyed it on first listen. 16 Carriages is definitely my favorite off of it. I think it’s likely to get a bit more love than I think it deserves simply because it’s Beyoncé in a genre that is unexpected. She did it well though so kudos to her.

. And my wife and I listened to the Jolene cover yesterday and both hated it.
Interesting. I thought it was great. I loved the soft guitar (banjo?) and her vocals.

She also changed the lyrics, significantly. In the original Dolly pleads with Jolene not to take her man. Beyonce doesn’t plead- she warns Jolene that she (Beyonce) is a bad *** ***** and if Jolene messes with her she will pay. Dolly apparently loved the change.

Interesting. I thought it was great. I loved the soft guitar (banjo?) and her vocals.

She also changed the lyrics, significantly. In the original Dolly pleads with Jolene not to take her man. Beyonce doesn’t plead- she warns Jolene that she (Beyonce) is a bad *** ***** and if Jolene messes with her she will pay. Dolly apparently loved the change.
Much, much, much better version.

Similar Threads: Popular Songs With Terrible Lyrics

Does she actually write any music?
Yeah of course. It’s not really my thing but this is a deeply thought out and researched concept album. She’s 100% the auteur behind it.

I mean there’s like 5 new threads a day here now, yes we should. Who cares.
How do we determine what’s thread worthy?

New Album Releases

Anyway, I don’t actually care. Just found it funny because my wife brought up this piece of crap album like it was God’s gift too. Meh. Music snob, out.
The album doesn’t really resonate with me, but calling it a “piece of crap” is pretty ridiculous.

New Album Releases

Anyway, I don’t actually care. Just found it funny because my wife brought up this piece of crap album like it was God’s gift too. Meh. Music snob, out.
The album doesn’t really resonate with me, but calling it a “piece of crap” is pretty ridiculous.
Fair

I’m 3 songs in so far. I hear gospel? and rap

Calling it a country album is also pretty ridiculous

New Album Releases

That’s probably over the top. You’re right. I haven’t actually listened to it of course. Just assuming.

New Album Releases

Fair

I’m 3 songs in so far. I hear gospel? and rap

Calling it a country album is also pretty ridiculous
Yea it’s got like 5 genres in it. Never been a huge Beyonce fan (she’s just ok to me) but this is the best album I’ve heard from her.

It might not be your style but it’s for sure not a piece of crap. It’s real musicians playing real instruments. It has original songs and covers with unique twists. It honors the past and gives a stage for the current. All being done in a rare crossover style and done through a perfectly executed concept. She’s been writing this thing for like 5 years.

Also the loop part is really cool. You don’t understand what the beginning of the first track really is until you listen to the album on a loop. The last note of the last song plays right into the first note of the first song and the lyrics “nothing really ends”. The last song and first song (in that order) are actually kind of meant to be played together. Very Beatles like in its design.

Only from Timmy so far.

Just a reminder folks, there is already a thread dedicated to 2024 new music releases. I have posted a couple of Beyonce tunes there, including Jolene, yesterday. 🤠

Last edited:

Only from Timmy so far.

Just a reminder folks, there is already a thread dedicated to 2024 new music releases. I have posted a couple of Beyonce tunes there, including Jolene, yesterday. 🤠

Not sure why so few people venture in there.

Not sure why that was laughed at. I genuinely don't know why more people don't frequent the new music threads. Especially considering music is one of the most popular topics here.

Only from Timmy so far.

God people stop gatekeeping threads. Who cares.

Not sure why that was laughed at. I genuinely don't know why more people don't frequent the new music threads. Especially considering music is one of the most popular topics here.
I’m largely a hip hop fan and I’ve almost never seen it discussed in that thread.

Only from Timmy so far.

So cringe....

THANK YOU, SORES!

To be clear though, the board is as active as ever and moved toward more people contributing in bigger threads vs a ton of threads with a few posts.

Both ways can work.

The Shark Pool forum is pretty adamant about fewer threads but tons of comments in each thread.

I just really want good community and discussion. So I'm for that.

Only from Timmy so far.

I dunno...some folks prefer to see posts in a thread that is already dedicated to a subject matter...like...maybe a thread devoted to kickers in the Shark Pool. :-)

I’m largely a hip hop fan and I’ve almost never seen it discussed in that thread.
Yeah if nobody posts hip hop albums than they don’t get discussed. I mean I’m as guilty as everyone else. I don’t post there enough even though I am regularly listening to new music. Just though it was odd because I know not everyone here is on a class rock only diet (nttawwt)

To be clear though, the board is as active as ever and moved toward more people contributing in bigger threads vs a ton of threads with a few posts.

Both ways can work.

The Shark Pool forum is pretty adamant about fewer threads but tons of comments in each thread.

I’m not trying to knock the board, but there are multiple posts on page 1 that have no activity since yesterday. I’d be very surprised if this forum is as active as it was 10 years ago. I don’t mean that in a negative way at all.

Not trying to be disparaging, I just don’t see why people would be worried about too many threads in this forum. I know the SP seems very busy, I was not referring to that.

Only from Timmy so far.

I dunno...some folks prefer to see posts in a thread that is already dedicated to a subject matter...like...maybe a thread devoted to kickers in the Shark Pool.
And some people, like the person who created this thread, wanted to talk about it as a standalone knowing it would draw more traffic than the longstanding thread devoted to albums that many people don’t frequent.

If you don’t visit one of those large threads often you likely won’t want to drop in with your take on beyonce out of the blue.

Both ways can work.

I’m not trying to knock the board, but there are multiple posts on page 1 that have no activity since yesterday. I’d be very surprised if this forum is as active as it was 10 years ago.

Not trying to be disparaging, I just don’t see why people would be worried about too many threads in this forum. I know the SP seems very busy.

Sure. Sunday morning in March will almost always have posts from yesterday on it. Board activity is way more than number of threads is what I'm saying.

Traffic is down for sure without the Political Forum. But it's still very busy.

And for sure, different styles can work on the forums.

Both ways can work.

I’m not trying to knock the board, but there are multiple posts on page 1 that have no activity since yesterday. I’d be very surprised if this forum is as active as it was 10 years ago.

Not trying to be disparaging, I just don’t see why people would be worried about too many threads in this forum. I know the SP seems very busy.

Sure. Sunday morning in March will almost always have posts from yesterday on it. Board activity is way more than number of threads is what I'm saying.

Cool. I’d like this forum to be a touch busier. New threads can drive conversation. I’m not trying to learn Reddit over here.

Does she actually write any music?
I don't follow her enough to be able to answer that question, to be honest.

Both ways can work.

Cool. I’d like this forum to be a touch busier. New threads can drive conversation. I’m not trying to learn Reddit over here.

Thanks. And one way they get busier is be more welcoming. Especially to new posters. And a big part of that is less "gatekeeping". So I get it. It's a balance for sure.

Only from Timmy so far.

I dunno...some folks prefer to see posts in a thread that is already dedicated to a subject matter...like...maybe a thread devoted to kickers in the Shark Pool.
And some people, like the person who created this thread, wanted to talk about it as a standalone knowing it would draw more traffic than the longstanding thread devoted to albums that many people don’t frequent.

If you don’t visit one of those large threads often you likely won’t want to drop in with your take on beyonce out of the blue.

Halfway through, it's definitely thread worthy.

And agree completely on the large threads....if I haven't been active from the start, chances are slim I won't bother with it as I'm too lazy to "catch up". :bag:

But this has album of the year potential.

Users who are viewing this thread