What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Garrett Wilson, Khalil Shakir

Got: Puka Nacua

I could have kept Shakir through cuts but just threw him in to get the deal done. Feel like he lost a lot of value after the Curtis Samuel signing. Have a lot of Wilson and no Puka shares previously. Pretty sure I will have Puka ahead in my redraft rankings although not by much. Might be side by side.

FFPC 1 QB

I could have kept Shakir through cuts but just threw him in to get the deal done. Feel like he lost a lot of value after the Curtis Samuel signing. Have a lot of Wilson and no Puka shares previously. Pretty sure I will have Puka ahead in my redraft rankings although not by much. Might be side by side.
Makes me wonder if I should start shopping Puka in my 2x 16 team leagues where I have him.

Wilson is just so talented. If only the Jets had a long term QB.

Of course the Rams don’t either, so…

Talent for talent Wilson is probably the better WR. But Puka should have better short-term value.

What the rams & jets do at QB over the next couple years will determine how this deal worked out for you.

I love me so Puka, so I don’t mind the deal. But if someone offered me Wilson for him I’d have to strongly consider it.

Agree that Shakir doesn’t really move the needle. I don’t see an ascension coming with the Samuel signing.

FFPC 1 QB

Makes me wonder if I should start shopping Puka in my 2x 16 team leagues where I have him.

Talent for talent Wilson is probably the better WR. But Puka should have better short-term value.

What the rams & jets do at QB over the next couple years will determine how this deal worked out for you.

I love me so Puka, so I don’t mind the deal. But if someone offered me Wilson for him I’d have to strongly consider it.

Agree that Shakir doesn’t really move the needle. I don’t see an ascension coming with the Samuel signing.

I was of this opinion as well before that Wilson was ahead of Puka on the eye test, but I’ve been seeing chart after chart after chart where Puka lives in the top right quadrant. Both from college and the pros. It’s no shade at all to Wilson but think Puka still isn’t getting quite the status he deserves.

Wilson is flashier and I struggle to come up with a comp for Puka, and think he gets penalized a little for it. With lateral type players like this it becomes a redraft analysis for me and I expect the Rams to be in a lot more shootouts this year than the Jets with Donald retiring. Jets I think will be controlling games with their defense and running game. Wilson will eat plenty and probably have his best season yet, but I got Puka higher. Both have old QBs but figure Stafford has more seasons left than Rodgers. And in worst case scenario, it’s nice to see Jimmy G sitting there as a competent backup.

FFPC 1 QB

I was of this opinion as well before that Wilson was ahead of Puka on the eye test, but I’ve been seeing chart after chart after chart where Puka lives in the top right quadrant. Both from college and the pros. It’s no shade at all to Wilson but think Puka still isn’t getting quite the status he deserves.

Wilson is flashier and I struggle to come up with a comp for Puka, and think he gets penalized a little for it. With lateral type players like this it becomes a redraft analysis for me and I expect the Rams to be in a lot more shootouts this year than the Jets with Donald retiring. Jets I think will be controlling games with their defense and running game. Wilson will eat plenty and probably have his best season yet, but I got Puka higher. Both have old QBs but figure Stafford has more seasons left than Rodgers. And in worst case scenario, it’s nice to see Jimmy G sitting there as a competent backup.
I’m an enormous Puka guy. I was in on him from the jump (6th round rookie in one league, 5th round in another 2 weeks later) and I agree.

But Wilson is an athletic freak - I have him a tier higher than Puka.

ETA: but situationally for FF purposes, Puka is definitely a talent. I’m not disagreeing with any of that. He has instinctive ability and sure hands - he can get open at several levels and presents a good target.

Last edited:
FFPC SuperFlex, different leagues

I gave Jerome Ford
I got 4.02

I gave 2025 3rd
I got Bateman

I gave Charbonnet
I got 2.11, AJ Dillon, R Shaheed

FFPC SingleQB - our SharkPool league (I don't know if the trade got posted above already or not)

I gave 2025 3rd, 5th
I got Gabe Davis, 4.03

FFPC TriFlex

I gave Jerome Ford, Jaleel McLaughlin
I got 2025 3rd, 4th

I gave Charbonnet, 2025 4th
I got 3.02, 2025 3rd

The only one I can find that wasn't mine that was interesting was a SuperFlex where:

Team A gave Mahomes
Team B gave Stroud, 2025 2nd

FFPC 1 QB

Big Wilson guy but agree with everything you are saying here and would just add I've been avoiding Wilson in redrafts this year over concerns with Wilson and the Jet's comments they need to improve the WR's around him to help him. I don't like to hear that on an a team as you are indicating that should play great defense and has an elite RB.

Then when they signed Williams my thought was this is exactly the kind of WR I'd hope they'd sign, the kind of guy who opens things up but does not demand high volume. Started to get back on board with Wilson but then the Bowers to Jets chatter has gotten to heavy and I'm scared off again for the time being as he would IMO represent a serious thread to his volume.

Close trade but I like the Puka side.

I gave Jerome Ford
I got 4.02
Like it
I gave 2025 3rd
I got Bateman
Love that price. The breakout is coming. I still believe.
I gave Charbonnet
I might rather have Charbs, but the 2.11 pushes this one to the pick side. I like Shaheed as well as a dart throw. Good deal for you.
FFPC SingleQB - our SharkPool league (I don't know if the trade got posted above already or not)

I gave 2025 3rd, 5th
I got Gabe Davis, 4.03
Love this. Gabe is gonna eat in JAX. Surprised you got a pick back. Was a bargain before that.
FFPC TriFlex

I got 2025 3rd, 4th
Sound.
I got 3.02, 2025 3rd
Probably fair. I might have held Charb at that price. He’s an injury away from being a volume-based RB3.
The only one I can find that wasn't mine that was interesting was a SuperFlex where:

Team A gave Mahomes
Team B gave Stroud, 2025 2nd
Mahomes side, but it’s close.

FFPC 1 QB

Big Wilson guy but agree with everything you are saying here and would just add I've been avoiding Wilson in redrafts this year over concerns with Wilson and the Jet's comments they need to improve the WR's around him to help him. I don't like to hear that on an a team as you are indicating that should play great defense and has an elite RB.

Then when they signed Williams my thought was this is exactly the kind of WR I'd hope they'd sign, the kind of guy who opens things up but does not demand high volume. Started to get back on board with Wilson but then the Bowers to Jets chatter has gotten to heavy and I'm scared off again for the time being as he would IMO represent a serious thread to his volume.

Close trade but I like the Puka side.
I wouldn’t be too worried about the Bowers chatter in relation to Wilson. Wilson profiles as an alpha and I completely agree that Williams is the perfect signing to open things up for him a bit.

ARod’s WRs eat. I know there’s only one football, but at least in the short term, assuming Rodgers isn’t terrible, I’m still high on Wilson.

The concern I have is that they will be a more run-heavy offense then I’d like for an alpha WR, but Aiyuk thrived in that scenario.

I don’t think there’s a wrong answer here - they’re both fine WRs and it’s a fair deal. It’s all personal preference at that point.

The future QB situations concern me for both though.

I wouldn’t be too worried about the Bowers chatter in relation to Wilson. Wilson profiles as an alpha and I completely agree that Williams is the perfect signing to open things up for him a bit.
I'd view Bowers as a high volume slot WR and a big threat this volume.

And for as much as I like Wilson the fact remains that two years into the league he remains more of a projection with respect to fantasy or being an alpha. What he's actually been is a mid to low end WR3 in fantasy. He's got some very valid excuses but volume should also cover a lot of issue and it really has not.

The concern I have is that they will be a more run-heavy offense then I’d like for an alpha WR, but Aiyuk thrived in that scenario

Aiyuk's averaged 1.9 fantasy points per target in his career, an amazing 2.39 last season. Wilson's been at 1.38 in his career. Just to point out one of them has proven he can thrive on lower volume.

Again, we got some valid excuses at play. And like I said the trade seems equitable but I got a guy who was a WR1 his rookie season, is a year younger vs a guy who has played two seasons and remains a projection vs actual. I like to pay for what I think a player will do and not what he did, maybe it's two frustrating years of pulling hard for Wilson to be more, but in this case I side with the guy who has actually done it.

This is true and it appears to be that the Rams are at minimum setting the table to make this season Staffords last. As well as Kupp's. Things can change and nothing is set in stone, but it's obvious they are making plans with these exits in mind.

But, with all due respect to Stafford I'd be more concerned if McVay was leaving. As long as he's around I think he'll come up with the answers, which another reason I side with Puka.

I gave Jerome Ford
I got 4.02
Like it
I gave 2025 3rd
I got Bateman
Love that price. The breakout is coming. I still believe.
I gave Charbonnet
I might rather have Charbs, but the 2.11 pushes this one to the pick side. I like Shaheed as well as a dart throw. Good deal for you.

I gave 2025 3rd, 5th
I got Gabe Davis, 4.03
Love this. Gabe is gonna eat in JAX. Surprised you got a pick back. Was a bargain before that.
FFPC TriFlex

I got 2025 3rd, 4th
Sound.
I got 3.02, 2025 3rd
Probably fair. I might have held Charb at that price. He’s an injury away from being a volume-based RB3.

Yeah I really didn't like moving Charbs or Ford but am super strong at RB in those leagues and cuts are stupid deep right now. I think Ford might just take over the Cleveland backfield and it makes me sick to sell him for less than a 2nd.

Bateman I'm second guessing in that I think I could have paid less but still like it. Gabe is an enigma but getting away from Josh Allen is the best thing that could have happened. Don't ask me why they went sour but they did. If it's because Gabe was/is a scrub I have a hard time with that. Josh Allen is a top tier QB where Davis is not a top tier WR. However, I think Allen is whackadoodle in the head and that *might* have something to do with why their chemistry went sour. But for a 3rd and a pick back this year I'll speculate another season with an ascending Lawrence minus Ridley.

I'd view Bowers as a high volume slot WR and a big threat this volume.

And for as much as I like Wilson the fact remains that two years into the league he remains more of a projection with respect to fantasy or being an alpha. What he's actually been is a mid to low end WR3 in fantasy. He's got some very valid excuses but volume should also cover a lot of issue and it really has not.

The concern I have is that they will be a more run-heavy offense then I’d like for an alpha WR, but Aiyuk thrived in that scenario

Aiyuk's averaged 1.9 fantasy points per target in his career, an amazing 2.39 last season. Wilson's been at 1.38 in his career. Just to point out one of them has proven he can thrive on lower volume.

Again, we got some valid excuses at play. And like I said the trade seems equitable but I got a guy who was a WR1 his rookie season, is a year younger vs a guy who has played two seasons and remains a projection vs actual. I like to pay for what I think a player will do and not what he did, maybe it's two frustrating years of pulling hard for Wilson to be more, but in this case I side with the guy who has actually done it.

This is true and it appears to be that the Rams are at minimum setting the table to make this season Staffords last. As well as Kupp's. Things can change and nothing is set in stone, but it's obvious they are making plans with these exits in mind.

But, with all due respect to Stafford I'd be more concerned if McVay was leaving. As long as he's around I think he'll come up with the answers, which another reason I side with Puka.

Setting aside the rookies for now, we are talking about my WR 5 and WR 6 overall here, so definitely still a big Wilson guy. Of all the projectable young WRs, he is my favorite. He definitely cost me three leagues last year though so this kind of hair splitting is very much worth dissecting to me. In fact I’d say it’s one of the most important things to work at with our rosters. Nothing changes value like the most recent season and if I can swing from one elite vine to a more productive elite vine, it can really make a difference. And this is a team that’s won 4 out of 6 championships and is trying to wring another one out of Kelce and Ekeler before they totally expire so there’s some extra urgency to it.

What’s really cemented Puka for me is seeing the charts. It’s absurd how strong he’s been in the analytics I’ve seen. Plus all the team takes I have for Jets and Rams and it really locks it up for me. Guess I have a mini tier break between them and didn’t realize that until pretty recently.

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: 2025 3rd (late)

Got: Doubs, 2025 6th

Gotta love cutdown deals

FFPC Triflex

Gave: Romeo Doubs
Got: 2025 R3

I’m assuming your squad is pretty strong? He’s not gonna win anyone a league but he’s a valuable piece to me particularly in the expanded Triflex starting lineups. You need guys like him to get through byes and injuries. I view him as a fringe starter in that format so sign me up all day for a future 3rd. But also can see selling for that if you are maxed out in roster spots. I’d probably rather get a current 3rd or a future 2nd with maybe a 4th going back. I’d consider that more valuable. If that’s all you could get though I totally get it.

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: 2025 3rd (late)

Got: Doubs, 2025 6th

Gotta love cutdown deals

FFPC Triflex

Gave: Romeo Doubs
Got: 2025 R3

I’m assuming your squad is pretty strong? He’s not gonna win anyone a league but he’s a valuable piece to me particularly in the expanded Triflex starting lineups. You need guys like him to get through byes and injuries. I view him as a fringe starter in that format so sign me up all day for a future 3rd. But also can see selling for that if you are maxed out in roster spots. I’d probably rather get a current 3rd or a future 2nd with maybe a 4th going back. I’d consider that more valuable. If that’s all you could get though I totally get it.

Yes, I run this team with a partner, and he was the guy we knew we could move to free up space. We also have Christian Watson, but, in general, there are a lot of pass catchers there, so it's hard for me to get that excited about Doubs.

I like to pay for what I think a player will do and not what he did, maybe it's two frustrating years of pulling hard for Wilson to be more, but in this case I side with the guy who has actually done it.
I don’t disagree. I have 2 shares of Puka and none of Wilson.

But it’s sounding a lot like Wilson’s stock is falling, so I may try to change that.

Plus all the team takes I have for Jets and Rams and it really locks it up for me.
On this note we can agree. The only piece I want Of the Jets at the moment is Hall. So if it’s a coin flip between players, and in this case it seems pretty close to one, gimme the not-Jet. Rams are a quality organization that has a track record of recent success, while the Jets are, well, the Jets.

Last edited:
Plus all the team takes I have for Jets and Rams and it really locks it up for me.
On this note we can agree. The only piece I want if the Jets at the moment is Hall. So if it’s a coin flip between players, and in this case it seems pretty close to one, gimme the not-Jet. Rams are a quality organization that has a track record of recent success, while the Jets are, well, the Jets.

Guess I’m confused. It sounds like you’re saying this is a coin flip and you prefer Puka. Or is it not a coin flip for you?

FWIW I just offered Wilson for Puka straight up in another league and it was declined with a message of “this is trading just to trade”, which I find to be a really dim comment. Same owner is new to the league and offering me crap after crap. It’s totally fine to prefer Wilson, I just find it dim not to consider and have an actual take. None of that applies to you in the least lol, just sayin.

On this note we can agree. The only piece I want if the Jets at the moment is Hall. So if it’s a coin flip between players, and in this case it seems pretty close to one, gimme the not-Jet. Rams are a quality organization that has a track record of recent success, while the Jets are, well, the Jets.

Guess I’m confused. It sounds like you’re saying this is a coin flip and you prefer Puka. Or is it not a coin flip for you?

FWIW I just offered Wilson for Puka straight up in another league and it was declined with a message of “this is trading just to trade”, which I find to be a really dim comment. Same owner is new to the league and offering me crap after crap. It’s totally fine to prefer Wilson, I just find it dim not to consider and have an actual take. None of that applies to you in the least lol, just sayin.
I was speaking to mile-high philosophy there.

I know that it contradicts my feelings about the players.

In short, I believe Wilson is a better football player than Puka. He’s an athletic freak who can make ridiculous catches look easy.

And if Wilson were on just about any other team I’d say it’s a slam dunk for the Wilson side.

But in the post you quoted, I gave it some thought about their respective teams, and that tips the scales in favor of Puka.

I still think Wilson is the better player. But the game isn’t played in a vacuum, nor is it all about potential.

So in the context of their respective situations, gimme Puka.

Again, I have zero shares of Wilson, and 2 of Puka. So it’s not like I don’t like Puka. I just see a lot in Wilson that’s more prototypical of an alpha WR than I do in Puka. But that said, Puka also does a lot of things that make him a valuable player. It’s not like he’s a scrub - just not necessarily a player who profiles with the upside of a Wilson.

It’s a harder call than perhaps it appears at a glance. Puka is a bit difficult to project.

In short, I believe Wilson is a better football player than Puka. He’s an athletic freak who can make ridiculous catches look easy.

And if Wilson were on just about any other team I’d say it’s a slam dunk for the Wilson side.

But in the post you quoted, I gave it some thought about their respective teams, and that tips the scales in favor of Puka.

I still think Wilson is the better player. But the game isn’t played in a vacuum, nor is it all about potential.

Again, I have zero shares of Wilson, and 2 of Puka. So it’s not like I don’t like Puka. I just see a lot in Wilson that’s more prototypical of an alpha WR than I do in Puka. But that said, Puka also does a lot of things that make him a valuable player. It’s not like he’s a scrub - just not necessarily a player who profiles with the upside of a Wilson.

It’s a harder call than perhaps it appears at a glance. Puka is a bit difficult to project.

Yeah it’s nuanced, I get it. FWIW I went back and last year Wilson had exactly 1 20 point game and it was by a fraction. Puka had 8 and that includes 4 30 point games. Granted he played an extra playoff game and 2 of those 30s came in weeks 18 and wildcard, which doesn’t matter for last years fantasy stats, but it does matter for overall who they are. This is sort of the discovery process I’ve had with him the last couple months. I valued him highly but was too low.

Yeah it’s nuanced, I get it. FWIW I went back and last year Wilson had exactly 1 20 point game and it was by a fraction. Puka had 8 and that includes 4 30 point games. Granted he played an extra playoff game and 2 of those 30s came in weeks 18 and wildcard, which doesn’t matter for last years fantasy stats, but it does matter for overall who they are. This is sort of the discovery process I’ve had with him the last couple months. I valued him highly but was too low.
Puka helped me win a ship. I’ve been as high on him as any WR in this crazy game. He vastly exceeded my expectations.

I’m not certain he has longevity with that level of production but I’m certainly hoping so.

I’m not certain he has longevity with that level of production but I’m certainly hoping so.
Puka has the “it” factor which is really hard to put a value on when evaluating players for the long term 😎

Unfortunately I only had him in redraft but despite the Rams being a 49er division rival, I really enjoyed watching him play and he was a huge reason I won my local league this year. So far no luck prying him away in my dynasty and keeper leagues but hope springs eternal and I have confidence he will be a top 10 type receiver as long as Stafford is there. But he set a really high bar this year, so other than TDs, expecting more may be a stretch.

Puka has the “it” factor which is really hard to put a value on when evaluating players for the long term 😎

Unfortunately I only had him in redraft but despite the Rams being a 49er division rival, I really enjoyed watching him play and he was a huge reason I won my local league this year. So far no luck prying him away in my dynasty and keeper leagues but hope springs eternal and I have confidence he will be a top 10 type receiver as long as Stafford is there. But he set a really high bar this year, so other than TDs, expecting more may be a stretch.
I’ve been asked in both leagues several times if he’s available.

My response has been the same every time. Everyone on my roster is available for the right price.

In this case, the price is what one would pay for a top 10 WR.

The discussion usually ends shortly after that. No one seems to want to pay that price for Puka. As soon as the negging begins, I thank them for their interest.

I don’t see him turning into a pumpkin, but yeah, there’s not a lot of room for him to grow. TDs are volatile year to year.

I’m still not sure I wouldn’t rather have Wilson long-term.

I’d argue he has the opposite of the “it factor”. He seems to be penalized by his status as a prospect.

I’ve been asked in both leagues several times if he’s available.

My response has been the same every time. Everyone on my roster is available for the right price.

In this case, the price is what one would pay for a top 10 WR.

The discussion usually ends shortly after that. No one seems to want to pay that price for Puka. As soon as the negging begins, I thank them for their interest.

I don’t see him turning into a pumpkin, but yeah, there’s not a lot of room for him to grow. TDs are volatile year to year.

I’m still not sure I wouldn’t rather have Wilson long-term.

This is where we differ. He's top 5 for me, right there with ARSB, Chase, Jefferson with no QB yet. Not saying he’s as good as those players in a vacuum but that’s not how we do this. Just my .02.

This is where we differ. He's top 5 for me, right there with ARSB, Chase, Jefferson with no QB yet. Not saying he’s as good as those players in a vacuum but that’s not how we do this. Just my .02.
I have him top 8.

At that point it’s splitting hairs. Personal preference, etc.

I love me some Puka. I’d you check his topic you’ll see me pounding the table for him from the jump.

I also see Wilson as a potential top 8. But as has been pointed out, Puka’s done it, while Wilson is all potential. That does count.

Anyway, I don’t think we’re really in disagreement about Puka. More how he compares to Wilson.

It’s an interesting discussion - Puka is a crazy dude to comp, and it makes it really challenging to think about what I would take for him if someone was beating down my door trying to acquire him.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave 2025 2nd
I got Chase Brown, Sutton, Mingo

and cut Zappe, Toney and C Rodriguez to make room - wasn't looking for this deal but I loved the value and slam accepted. Mostly into Chase here

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave 2025 2nd
I got Chase Brown, Sutton, Mingo

and cut Zappe, Toney and C Rodriguez to make room - wasn't looking for this deal but I loved the value and slam accepted. Mostly into Chase here

If you've got the roster room for those then that seems like a solid win

I’ve been trading assets to move into the top 4 picks everywhere I can but in this orphan I just bought I moved out of 1.04 because it needs so much work;

FFPC, 1QB

Gave: 1.04, Wicks, 3.04
Got: Stroud, Kyren Williams

FFPC Superflex Triflex (TE premium, start 3 WRs)

Not involved:

Team A gave: Dak Prescott
Team B gave: Justin Herbert
Wow. People are really buying into “harbaugh is gonna run every down”
12 team PPR dynasty

Team A gets: 1.3 rookie pick
Team B gets: Tank Dell, Hollywood Brown, Zamir White

Thoughts on this one?
:eek:
3, easily - ETA, maybe not quite as bad as first impression. But I’ll take the 3
Interesting FFPC trade I was not involved in:

CMC and 1.9 for Garrett Wilson and 1.5
Dynasty, Wilson but close

Last edited:
I have him top 8.

At that point it’s splitting hairs. Personal preference, etc.

I love me some Puka. I’d you check his topic you’ll see me pounding the table for him from the jump.

I also see Wilson as a potential top 8. But as has been pointed out, Puka’s done it, while Wilson is all potential. That does count.

Anyway, I don’t think we’re really in disagreement about Puka. More how he compares to Wilson.

It’s an interesting discussion - Puka is a crazy dude to comp, and it makes it really challenging to think about what I would take for him if someone was beating down my door trying to acquire him.
For me a lot of Puka's value is in the guy throwin' the ball. Stafford seems to have supreme confidence in him and is willing to throw into tight coverage.

Standard one QB FFPC:

Gave: Travis Etienne

Got:1.1

Offer came to me out of the blue. My RB situation was weak and just got a lot worse but I had to snap accept it.
Did he leave something off accidentally? Etienne and the 1.05 might not get the 1 in many leagues.

Was one of those deals I had to keep checking to see if I was missing something but was very anxious to hit accept ASAP.

No comments in offer and nothing in 20 minutes or so since I accepted so I think this was it.

Better then any Easter basket I ever got.

Users who are viewing this thread