What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (10 Viewers)

I don’t think the lawyer will say Rice was a passenger, unless he was actually a passenger. I also don’t think the lawyer will let Rice admit to being the driver either. It’s up to the DA to be able to prove Rice was driving.. It does appear, without a shadow of doubt, that Rice was the only person legally authorized to be driving the Lamborghini, which is the reason he wasn’t driving his corvette I would think. More than likely, as others have mentioned, a plea agreement will probably happen.
So when the police get around to questioning him and ask him if he was driving, he can just not answer? Seems like that will be the first question. If you weren’t driving, why wouldn’t you answer?

I don’t think the lawyer will say Rice was a passenger, unless he was actually a passenger. I also don’t think the lawyer will let Rice admit to being the driver either. It’s up to the DA to be able to prove Rice was driving.. It does appear, without a shadow of doubt, that Rice was the only person legally authorized to be driving the Lamborghini, which is the reason he wasn’t driving his corvette I would think. More than likely, as others have mentioned, a plea agreement will probably happen.
So when the police get around to questioning him and ask him if he was driving, he can just not answer? Seems like that will be the first question. If you weren’t driving, why wouldn’t you answer?

The second question should be...if you weren't driving how much are you paying your buddy to say he was?

One of them has to be driving. I would think everyone who was in the cars would be asked who was driving. I'm no detective but that means if all of them say they were not driving someone is lying to the police. I mean what are they going to say? They let the lord take the wheel? I'm also not a lawyer but if it is found out you lied to the police at some point that will also be a problem for someone. My point is the car did not drive itself. Or maybe someone will admit to driving the cars.

As mentioned before, the rental company and insurance are going to ask him if he was driving. If he wasn't driving then the Lambo and accident won't be covered. Having said that, stunting and excessive speeds may cause the insurance company to have issues with making payments, especially since this was on video.

The insurance company always gets their way.

As mentioned before, the rental company and insurance are going to ask him if he was driving. If he wasn't driving then the Lambo and accident won't be covered. Having said that, stunting and excessive speeds may cause the insurance company to have issues with making payments, especially since this was on video.

You can put others as drivers for the insurance when you rent-a-car, as long as they show their drivers license at time of rental, but I doubt that happened here.

Because of the right against self incrimination. He has a right to refuse questioning, and has a choice whether to take the stand and subject himself to questioning if this goes to trial.

Based on all the evidence we have seen he needs to be banned by the NFL for life and do 15 years in prison.
What evidence concludes this unconstitutional punishment? Don't get me wrong I'm not agreeing with what happened but career over and 15 years for what exactly?

You can put others as drivers for the insurance when you rent-a-car, as long as they show their drivers license at time of rental, but I doubt that happened here.

I was basing my comment regarding Rice being the only driver authorized from what I read on a statement from the rental company he used for the Lamborghini, here’s the part I was using:

“Classic Lifestyle leased the vehicle, the 2021 Lamborghini Urus that was involved in this accident,” Coker told NBC 5. “And we had an agreement with Mr. Rice in order to provide that lease. And under our contract, [he] was supposed to be the only one driving [the] vehicle.”

Just going to chime for purposes of NFL suspension I don’t really see any need to prove he was driving or not.
True. He was the owner of the Corvette and rented the Lambo. He's responsible for both. He didn't have to let his idiot friend(s) drive. And yes they are idiots - they were racing and caused a multi-car accident. This thread is like a car accident. I'm trying to not watch....its impossible.

I'm no detective but that means if all of them say they were not driving someone is lying to the police.
Which is why it is likely all refuse to speak to a detective and advise to speak to them through their attorney - which is their right.
It sure is their right. The point is one of them is going to be the driver.
Maybe. But who is that and how will that person be identified? There are practical problems if Rice is the only one they know of, and he’s lawyered up.

Just going to chime for purposes of NFL suspension I don’t really see any need to prove he was driving or not.
True. He was the owner of the Corvette and rented the Lambo. He's responsible for both. He didn't have to let his idiot friend(s) drive. And yes they are idiots - they were racing and caused a multi-car accident. This thread is like a car accident. I'm trying to not watch....its impossible.
I have a new theory. Rashee was driving the Lambo, but they weren't racing. Rashee feared for his life and was trying to get away from the Corvette driver, who stole his car and was chasing him with guns a'blazin. But after they both crashed, all the guys in the Lambo decided to help the guys in the Corvette, because they were injured. Rashee is actually a hero in this!

I'm no detective but that means if all of them say they were not driving someone is lying to the police.
Which is why it is likely all refuse to speak to a detective and advise to speak to them through their attorney - which is their right.
Maybe. But who is that and how will that person be identified? There are practical problems if Rice is the only one they know of, and he’s lawyered up.
On the one video, it sure looks like Rice is the 2nd person exiting the front passenger side which would make him the driver. Video is a bit grainy but sure looks like the front seat.

I have a new theory. Rashee was driving the Lambo, but they weren't racing. Rashee feared for his life and was trying to get away from the Corvette driver, who stole his car and was chasing him with guns a'blazin. But after they both crashed, all the guys in the Lambo decided to help the guys in the Corvette, because they were injured. Rashee is actually a hero in this!
Was the guy in the Corvette wearing a MAGA hat? Just curious.

Jussie Smollet joke before anyone gets offended.

Last edited:
I would be shocked if they had not identified all the people involved. The videos seem pretty clear. If they can not be identified in 2024 with what I have seen Dallas PD has more problems than just this incident. Not to mention they have Rice.

On the one video, it sure looks like Rice is the 2nd person exiting the front passenger side which would make him the driver. Video is a bit grainy but sure looks like the front seat.
I understand. We’ll need to see if that is the only available evidence, and if so, does that overcome reasonable doubt?

But I was really responding to the statement that one of these guys was driving. Knowing one of 4 guys was driving is not great evidence that any specific person was. My further point was they need identify others before they can try to question or threaten litigation. If those people could be anyone in Texas, that doesn’t do much for an investigation.

I still think since people were hurt serious or not, he is going to be in some trouble.. Either with the law, with lawsuits, or with the NFL.. Or all 3.

I would be shocked if they had not identified all the people involved. The videos seem pretty clear. If they can not be identified in 2024 with what I have seen Dallas PD has more problems than just this incident. Not to mention they have Rice.
You might be right, I have no idea. I’d be curious how much effort is put into investigating a traffic accident that thankfully did not result in serious injury.

I think as this develops, the insurance angle is going to be one of his biggest problems. He is going to be responsible for a lot of claims here if he doesnt admit to driving the Lambo.

Im thinking NFL give him a year off. Not sure what the Chiefs will do, but I know what they should do.

Suggestion for Rashee - hey, you may want to make your Facebook page a little bit more private. One of your photos looks like you with at least 1 of the guys that came out of the Lambo with you.

I understand. We’ll need to see if that is the only available evidence, and if so, does that overcome reasonable doubt?

But I was really responding to the statement that one of these guys was driving. Knowing one of 4 guys was driving is not great evidence that any specific person was. My further point was they need identify others before they can try to question or threaten litigation. If those people could be anyone in Texas, that doesn’t do much for an investigation.
The driver of the corvette needs to be identified for sure, he will be subject to felony charges also with his involvement in the crash. When they identify him, he might be willing to cut a deal to reduce his charges. You get him, Rice will lose a lot of his negotiating leverage for a lighter plea deal. He will probably still get a plea agreement but it will be more painful I would think.

Blurb from a TX injury lawyer website...this incident appears to fall in between bullets 3 and 4 below depending on the ultimate severity of the injuries. Bullet 3 is a felony according to another source.

Texas considers hit-and-run accidents as severe criminal offenses. Texas Transportation Code § 550.021 sets out the duties of drivers after collisions.

Even if no one was injured, all drivers must stop and exchange contact and insurance information. Some penalties after a hit-and-run accident include:
  • It is a Class C misdemeanor if the total vehicle damage is less than $200.
  • If the total damage to all the vehicles is $200 or more, it is a Class B misdemeanor.
  • If anyone suffered a minor injury, the offender can get sentenced to up to five years in state prison or up to one year in the county jail, a fine of as much as $5,000, or both incarceration and a fine
  • If anyone suffered a serious bodily injury, the hit-and-run offense is a felony of the third degree.
  • If the hit-and-run accident caused anyone’s death, the offense is a second-degree felony.
With the severity of these offenses, the police are highly likely to investigate hit-and-run collisions.

Im thinking NFL give him a year off. Not sure what the Chiefs will do, but I know what they should do.
now that you mention it, there could be 2 different suspensions.

NFL, sure but IIRC teams can also suspend players. This incident, if even some of the more serious allegations are accurate, is a bad look. There will be pressure locally I’m sure.

At 10:48 in this video, you hear a witness saying the guys had weapons

Not illegal to have guns.
I dunno the laws of Texas, but perhaps you may - do guns in Texas have to be registered? Also, does a person in Texas have to have a carry permit?

Suggestion for Rashee - hey, you may want to make your Facebook page a little bit more private. One of your photos looks like you with at least 1 of the guys that came out of the Lambo with you.
Well shave my head and call me Kojak, Winz is on the case!
Hey, I just telly it like it is
Good catch but he admitted he was involved right after it happened.

He’s just not saying he was the driver or why he fled.

I dunno the laws of Texas, but perhaps you may - do guns in Texas have to be registered? Also, does a person in Texas have to have a carry permit?
Register yes.

No permit needed for open carry.

I won’t get political but I live here and find it nuts I can’t buy weed-legally or medicinally, can’t gamble, can’t buy liquor after 9 or on Sundays but give me a few days to get a registration and I can cruise around town with an AR-15.

Register yes.

I won’t get political but I live here and find it nuts I can’t buy weed-legally or medicinally, can’t gamble, can’t buy liquor after 9 or on Sundays but give me a few days to get a registration and I can cruise around town with an AR-15.
You sure about being registered? Most states don't require it. Would be surprised if Texas did.

No, doesn't look like you need to register a gun in TX.

Register yes.

You sure about being registered? Most states don't require it. Would be surprised if Texas did.
No, I knew you did not need one to open carry but just assumed you had to register it.

Of course we are all here trying to figure out what went down, and here are 2 guesses of mine. Once again, these are only guesses.

1 - Rashee was driving the Lambo, as he was the 2nd to exit from the passenger front door (driver's front door probably didn't open). I know I should say it allegedly was him who exited second, but let's get real. Rashee owns/leases one of the cars, and rented the other. Does anyone really think he wasn't there?

2 - Rashee's older half-brother Derrik Rice was in the front passenger seat, as he was the first to exit from the passenger front door. He's also the one missing from the now infamous still image of 4 guys walking away (because he is about 100 feet in front of them at the time).

Well shave my head and call me Kojak, Winz is on the case!
Hey, I just telly it like it is
Good catch but he admitted he was involved right after it happened.

He’s just not saying he was the driver or why he fled.
Did he admit he was involved? Involved would mean he is one of the 5 guys that left the scene, right? The only thing I read so far was his attorney saying...

“On behalf of Rashee Rice, his thoughts are with everyone impacted by the automobile accident on Saturday,” Rice's attorney, Royce West, said in the statement. “Rashee is cooperating with local authorities and will take all necessary steps to address this situation responsibly.”

Nowhere in that statement does it say Rashee was at the scene, and it is phrased that way on purpose by his attorney (at least IMO).

They should round all of the suspects up, put them in separate rooms, then have a detective question them all individually. Then the detective should say to all of them something along the lines of "We know it was you! Your friends ratted you out!". Then they'll either confess or give up all of the info, including the real culprit.

Did he admit he was involved?

Rashee Rice was involved in the car crash that injured multiple people in Dallas Saturday ... and he admitted it to the company that owns the Lambo ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Rice owned the Corvette that was involved in the crash and leased the Lambo from a company called The Classic Lifestyle. Rice was in the Lambo at the time of the crash and, according to the leasing agreement, he's the only person who was permitted to drive the car ... this according to Kyle Coker, the attorney representing Classic Lifestyle.

Coker tells TMZ Sports, Rice fired off a text shortly after the wreck, acknowledging he was involved in the crash and promising to pay for the Lambo, which was totaled.

We're told one of Rice's friends was driving the Corvette.

Coker says Rice -- a Classic Lifestyle customer since his days as a student at SMU -- was leasing the 2021 matte black Lambo for $1,749 a day.

Did he admit he was involved?

Rashee Rice was involved in the car crash that injured multiple people in Dallas Saturday ... and he admitted it to the company that owns the Lambo ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Rice owned the Corvette that was involved in the crash and leased the Lambo from a company called The Classic Lifestyle. Rice was in the Lambo at the time of the crash and, according to the leasing agreement, he's the only person who was permitted to drive the car ... this according to Kyle Coker, the attorney representing Classic Lifestyle.

Coker tells TMZ Sports, Rice fired off a text shortly after the wreck, acknowledging he was involved in the crash and promising to pay for the Lambo, which was totaled.

We're told one of Rice's friends was driving the Corvette.

Coker says Rice -- a Classic Lifestyle customer since his days as a student at SMU -- was leasing the 2021 matte black Lambo for $1,749 a day.

This just seems wrong on so many levels.

I'm pretty sure all have already been identified. I also think Rice would have told law enforcement anyone he knew who was in the car. My speculation is his lawyer would advise him to give the names of the others in the vehicles if he does know. It is not difficult to prove a prior relationship with the others in the vehicle if he had one so they don't need him to tell but it would be helpful if he did. This is a moot point because about 99.9% sure all have been identified and most likely that was given to law enforcement by Rice. However, they don't need Rice to get the identification done which is why Rice's attorney would have advised Rice to cooperate with that portion of the investigation.

The problem he has is both the vehicles are registered to him and they were involved in a high-speed accident causing injuries and they fled before law enforcement arrived. The video is proof that the cars registered to him were involved. There is eyewitness testimony to the accident occurring and the vehicles were left behind. They won't threaten litigation. It is a criminal investigation at this point due to these being felony offenses to someone. It could be Rice and another person. Or it could be two other people. The point I'm making is someone is getting criminally charged. I'm pretty sure even in Texas you can not leave an accident causing injury before law enforcement arrives. If Rice is smart he will cooperate. It is all speculation at this point but not a huge leap to see the train coming down the track for Rice and whoever was in the cars. We don't even know if there is more video and my speculation is there will be. The video so far is from a dashcam and people's phone videos. There will be other stationary videos that will be gathered or at least there should be. It was an expressway which should have cameras in place and there looked to be buildings around.

***Disclaimer had not seen the above posts before posting****

They should round all of the suspects up, put them in separate rooms, then have a detective question them all individually. Then the detective should say to all of them something along the lines of "We know it was you! Your friends ratted you out!". Then they'll either confess or give up all of the info, including the real culprit.
I’d be shocked if anyone did anything but invoke. Days to prep have passed, and retention of counsel is almost a certainty.

Users who are viewing this thread