What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

O.J. Simpson dead at 76 (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Running back O.J. Simpson has succumbed to cancer at 76 years old.

I looked for a player topic but couldn’t find one.

Actor, broadcaster, football player. And nothing else. :oldunsure:

The top 5 RBs I've seen (Jim Brown retired when I was 4 and I have no memory of him playing live) and in no particular order:

OJ
Payton
Campbell
Sanders
Peterson

The top 5 RBs I've seen (Jim Brown retired when I was 4 and I have no memory of him playing live) and in no particular order:

OJ
Payton
Campbell
Sanders
Peterson
Lets have 3 categories....

RBs from back in the day
Brown
Everyone Else

Powerbacks
Campbell
Bettis
Alstott

Modern Era RBs
Sanders>>>>>>>Payton>>>Peterson>>>Gore, Emmitt

OJ
Payton
Campbell
Sanders
Peterson

RBs from back in the day
Brown
Everyone Else

Powerbacks
Campbell
Bettis
Alstott

Modern Era RBs
Gore had a great career but many were better at their prime. Tomlinson, Henry, Thomas, CMC doesn’t get there yet but probably warrants mention.

OJ
Payton
Campbell
Sanders
Peterson

RBs from back in the day
Brown
Everyone Else

Powerbacks
Campbell
Bettis
Alstott

Modern Era RBs
John Riggins should LEAD the powerbacks group by the way. Not to mention the punishment/yards/TDs he had playing in his 30s!!

I remember that awful slow vehicle procession back on that June day in 1994. Thankfully there hasn't been another Rangers Cup parade since.

-QG
Jokes aside, I remember being at an NBA playoffs party with like 20 dudes around a big television (for the time) and all of a sudden, the game (game 5 IIRC) was in the little PIP box, while we watched the stupid slow motion car chase in the larger picture.

Everyone was PISSED.

That was a legendary playoff matchup & we got robbed like a memorabilia booth in Las Vegas. Hakim, Ewing, Horry, Oakley - those were some gritty, low scoring games. I'm glad it went to 7, but yeah, thanks for killing our viewing pleasure, OJ. No matter what else, he was 100% guilty of that. :angry:

Was at a small cookout at my friend's house and he was fired up to watch that game (I was more meh given I was a New Jersey Nets fan at the time) . I was :lmao: every time they cut away to the chase.

-QG

Many people never saw or don't remember the original footage of when the story broke that OJ was a person of interest in the murder of his ex-wife of the police questioning him outside of his home in the driveway. It was obvious by his non-verbal reactions he was guilty long before the chase.
People forget how his private life was unknown and that the only images we saw of him was his public persona and most people used to liked him. I used to like him until...
I gasped when I saw the police questioning him and said out loud 'He did it!'

Still the most graceful running the ball I've ever seen. Loved his stride when he was running the ball. He was a stud and I have him ranked 4th best all-time behind Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton.

Users who are viewing this thread