What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

There's not a fruit that I will turn down if offered. Bananas leave a horrendous aftertaste in my mouth but I'll still eat them.

I'd rather eat gum I find underneath a public bus seat than an olive or mushroom.

There's not a fruit that I will turn down if offered. Bananas leave a horrendous aftertaste in my mouth but I'll still eat them.

I'd rather eat gum I find underneath a public bus seat than an olive or mushroom.
Olives are one of best-tasting food items in the world!! I put 'em on my cereal.
No wonder.

Note to self- all posts, thoughts and comments from btm rendered invalid forthwith

Olives are one of best-tasting food items in the world!! I put 'em on my cereal.
Straight to jail.
I don't if you guys know this, but I am occasionally prone to hyperbole.

No wonder.

Note to self- all posts, thoughts and comments from btm rendered invalid forthwith
Down vote

over the last few years the company i work for has brought on a number of employees that live and work in India. largely for repetitive processing type work that can be done 24/7.

there are times i need to communicate with someone there but calling feels rude when it's 11 or 12 hours ahead so i largely use email when necessary. it amazes me that we, as a collective people, have managed to come up with so many languages, formatted in so many different ways.

even when we use a common language we're conveying the same idea in vastly different ways. sentence structure in English vs. Hindi is wildly different and makes understanding written word very difficult (for me) to easily break down/understand.

so something that i might write as "last night we had exceptions in the following job.." if written by one of my Indian friends is written "in yesterday night, following morning of yesterday day, exceptions per following in job of evening process.."

it bends my brain and i'm sure my style of writing confounds them equally. maybe it's good exercise for my brain that's turning to concrete. i dunno. random thought.

over the last few years the company i work for has brought on a number of employees that live and work in India. largely for repetitive processing type work that can be done 24/7.

there are times i need to communicate with someone there but calling feels rude when it's 11 or 12 hours ahead so i largely use email when necessary. it amazes me that we, as a collective people, have managed to come up with so many languages, formatted in so many different ways.

even when we use a common language we're conveying the same idea in vastly different ways. sentence structure in English vs. Hindi is wildly different and makes understanding written word very difficult (for me) to easily break down/understand.

so something that i might write as "last night we had exceptions in the following job.." if written by one of my Indian friends is written "in yesterday night, following morning of yesterday day, exceptions per following in job of evening process.."

it bends my brain and i'm sure my style of writing confounds them equally. maybe it's good exercise for my brain that's turning to concrete. i dunno. random thought.
That specific reference looks like an auto-translate tool issue more than an actual language to language difference.

Because I'm fluent in Hindi.

... Just surmising, really. But it has the look of weird translation.

That specific reference looks like an auto-translate tool issue more than an actual language to language difference.

you know, i never considered that some people might be using a translation tool to send emails. that makes sense.

One thing I've learned is that if I make a suggestion phrased llike "I would try abc and then xyz", it is interpreted as *I* am going to do that and they don't need to do anything. I have to say "You should ..."

you know, i never considered that some people might be using a translation tool to send emails. that makes sense.
I play an online game with folk from all over the world who regularly in realtime communicate in the game through a translation app. Sounds a lot like what you posted.

I kind of get the olive thing but mushrooms are great. Just had a deep dish square pizza with mushrooms and Parmesan butter crust, excellent.

My FIL ordered a sausage and mushroom pizza while we were on the Oregon coast. He said it was one of the better pizzas he's ever had and this is a man that A) knows his pizza and B) isn't much of a mushroom eater. But he raved about this one.

ripe bananas or slightly green bananas?

All bananas. I finish one and not long after, it's like I liked a battery.
You know you can just chew and swallow them, right? Nothing comes out if you just lick them for hours.

I kind of get the olive thing but mushrooms are great. Just had a deep dish square pizza with mushrooms and Parmesan butter crust, excellent.
mushrooms yes...

on pizza
in pasta
in asias style chicken - n - rice
with scrambled eggs, ham and cheese
lot's of wayzzzzzz
There are also better mushrooms than the buttons to which most are accustomed. I suspect the button doesn't really help make the case for mushrooms very well.

ripe bananas or slightly green bananas?

All bananas. I finish one and not long after, it's like I liked a battery.
You know you can just chew and swallow them, right? Nothing comes out if you just lick them for hours.
*afraid to say anything*

Yesterday was my parents' 66th anniversary. My niece gave them mugs that said Great Grampa and Great Grandma. Took them a little while to realize she was pregnant. I told her I would be the Greatest Uncle.

Lol.....the Greatest uncle with the Greatest hair!

Happy for you, GB.

one brohan recipie i make is some butter red wine onions and mushrooms suatayed up to goodness and then you put that stuff right on a low end steak and for a workaday guy like me that feels like you eating with the fat cats take that to the bank brochachos
Throw a dallop of gorgonzola on there and now you're talking bromigo

After a 14-year hiatus, I started a full-time office job today. At an office. With a boss. And coworkers. And a boss. And coworkers.

Cry for me, Argentina!
My attorney is worse than @Zow
Well, I've made it through the first month.

Five more to go.

It's actually not too bad now that I've settled in. The woman I'm covering for when she goes out on maternity leave is awesome. She's being induced in a couple months.

Probably won't be very much fun when she goes and I'm on my own.

They seem to love me there (older women find me very charming). It will wear off, but I'm enjoying it for now.

Attorney is a little bit of an odd duck. She's mid to late 50s and very technology-averse.

I got her to share her Outlook calendar with me this week, and the rest of the office acts like I parted the Red Sea.

Still getting my 8-9 hours of sleep every night. I go to bed at 8:30 now.

Anyway, that's my dear diary for now.
Dear Diary,

She had the baby last week, pretty much right on schedule. So I'm a week into being on my own.

On Day 1 of the BTM era, there were rumblings they were wanting to hire me on permanently. Today, they told me they'd like to do that. Haven't gotten all the details yet because I think somebody might be getting fired.

But, man, I don't think I like the direction this is headed. Really can't imagine commuting like this five days a week FOREVER.

I basically said I was flattered and look forward to them sharing more details with me when they're able. So we'll see.

In the meantime, I either have 83 days left to go or I'm going to die there an old man.

After a 14-year hiatus, I started a full-time office job today. At an office. With a boss. And coworkers. And a boss. And coworkers.

Cry for me, Argentina!

Five more to go.

It's actually not too bad now that I've settled in. The woman I'm covering for when she goes out on maternity leave is awesome. She's being induced in a couple months.

They seem to love me there (older women find me very charming). It will wear off, but I'm enjoying it for now.

Attorney is a little bit of an odd duck. She's mid to late 50s and very technology-averse.

I got her to share her Outlook calendar with me this week, and the rest of the office acts like I parted the Red Sea.

Dear Diary,

She had the baby last week, pretty much right on schedule. So I'm a week into being on my own.

On Day 1 of the BTM era, there were rumblings they were wanting to hire me on permanently. Today, they told me they'd like to do that. Haven't gotten all the details yet because I think somebody might be getting fired.

But, man, I don't think I like the direction this is headed. Really can't imagine commuting like this five days a week FOREVER.

I basically said I was flattered and look forward to them sharing more details with me when they're able. So we'll see.

In the meantime, I either have 83 days left to go or I'm going to die there an old man.
Congrats?

Last night was soccer practice number 2 with our Grade 3 boys' team. Despite having 4 registered coaches on the team, it was me and me alone vs 11 boys aged 8-9. I am 51. I am......not in good shape. Turns out disc golf and moderate walking aren't good training drills for trying to take on 11 3rd graders. My left knee looks like a snake that swallowed an emu egg.

And yet - I had a blast. I am walking around the office like Lieutenant Dan but damn it, I had more fun last night getting to stamp my coaching seal on this team alone than I have in a long time. We may not be the best team in the league; in fact, we're probably one of the worst judging from our last game (0-4 loss) but we're gonna have fun. And if I get fired after the season and limp back into retirement, it'll have been totally worth it.

Also, what sort of cane would @offdee recommend for an out of shape, doughy, pale middle age man?

Cry for me, Argentina!

Five more to go.

Dear Diary,

Congrats?
Exactly

In a rush to get out the house yesterday, I stumbled and fell. Hit quite a few things on the way down, most notably my right cheek on the corner of my television. All of my weight landed on my left knee. My right shoe came off, and I took a divot from my right shin. Essentially, I mugged myself. Then I struggled back to my feet and went to Vegas. Priorities, people. Enjoy your Friday.

In a rush to get out the house yesterday, I stumbled and fell. Hit quite a few things on the way down, most notably my right cheek on the corner of my television. All of my weight landed on my left knee. My right shoe came off, and I took a divot from my right shin. Essentially, I mugged myself. Then I struggled back to my feet and went to Vegas. Priorities, people. Enjoy your Friday.

The way I see it, you got the bad luck out of the way BEFORE you got to Vegas. That's a win!

Would be more interesting if this was pillow in the new TV Shogun sense.

Who am I kidding... We're a bunch of geezers- carry on with standard pillow talk. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread