What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2020-21 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ Congrats McBokononon on the title! (1 Viewer)

I don’t have a problem with this 

The rule is not in place to prevent churning- we have an actual setting that prevents churning (a player who is picked up and dropped before the games start will be a FA)

The rule is to make sure everyone gets a fair shot at players who are dropped - as opposed to just the people hanging out online when waivers run. 
Thanks

I still have a question, but want to write it down and read it first. That last post was too much

I'm leaning towards OUT next year. Not that ya'll aren't fine company.....I just dont watch much EPL anymore (partially because of stupid ### Peacock)  and I'm basically just throwing darts after like the 4th round (and pretty much every free agent pickup)

I'm in. Go ahead and keep the fee for next year out of my winnings when you send just like you did last time. By "last time" I mean last season, when I also won the league. Meaning I have won the league two years in a row. Back to back. Both years I have been in it I have won the league is what I'm trying to say.
No one likes a braggart, guy.

I do have a few changes I would like to propose.  So, if anyone else has some ideas, now is probably the best time to bring them up.

1.  Scoring - I want to change yellow cards from (-3) to (-1)

I realize in a broad sense, yellow cards are "bad", but in reality, many yellow cards are "good" in the sense that they are professional fouls that helps the players team avoid a counter-attack.  -3 points just seems too harsh.

2.  Scoring - https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/scoringCategoryGlossary.go?leagueId=u9gcuk2akdog4sxu - this is a link to all the scoring options available.  One stat that stood out to me was Blocked Shots - it seems like that should be scored the same as tackles or interceptions (1 point each) - its not a huge difference, but seems like we should reward defenders who block shots on goal

3. Draft - as much as I love/hate this site, I wonder if we really need a thread to conduct the draft.  We can set up the draft to run in Fantrax - the same as it runs here - slow draft, times when it is suspended, and it will send an email when you are up.  I don't have a strong preference either way here.

4.  Something new - additional fee.  Over this year, amongst my timeouts, I have gotten to know a few of the guys who provide soccer content to fantrax (Waiver wire articles, rankings, etc) on twitter, and I have seen some of the things they are doing in their leagues.  But one of the things they do that I thought would be fun - they run in-season tournaments (like a domestic Cup), where they set up the bracket, and use scores from specific game weeks to stage those events (essentially you would use your same line-up against two teams in a given week).  Depending on league size we could run a random, single-elimination bracket, or even  divide into two groups for a groups stage, before knockouts.  Just a little something different - keeps teams engaged.  If we are interested, we can work out the details later.  But, if we did it, I would add $5-10 to the entry fee, and use that to pay winners/runner up.

I think I am forgetting something I wanted to bring up, but if anyone else has ideas or rule changes to consider - bring them up now!
Yes to all four.

Ah - that is what I wanted to bring up!

Draft / Waivers - a lot of other leagues have moved in the same direction as fantasy football, and they use FAAB, instead of a straight waiver wire.  So, lets say a budget of $200 for the year, you can bid on players each week.

I actually do prefer this - and eliminating speculative picks in the draft.  That puts all teams on the same footing, as opposed to happening to be on the clock when a key rumor of a player moving to PL drops.

If we did that - yes, we would lock the draftable players at the start of the draft, and everyone would be working from the same list.
Yes to both

I spent my entire season in various leagues on the EPL app, and knew after Week 1 that I wasn't going be able to keep up with the pace here and on the Fantrax app. I'd like to thank you all for allowing me to be your Weekend at Bernie's draw, but I think I'm gonna pass on next season.  Good luck to all.

One more rule/scoring change to consider:

I found a way so that we can change Goals Against from -2 points for all goals, to 0 points for the 1st goal, and then -2 points for each subsequent goal.

For me, I think that first goal against is a huge hit for D and G, because you go from clean sheet points (6 and 8 ) to -2 right away. By scoring the first goal against as 0, you only lose the CS points with no further punishment.

A few leagues have done this, but then also reduced CS points to 4 and 6 for D and G respectively.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread