What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Sad Minnesota fan remembers Vikings season is up next (33 Viewers)

Read a report that one of the Pacer fans was yelling 'Cancun on three' prior to Beverley's dodgeball throws...
What is the story behind the Cancun thing?
TNT's studio show uses that schtick for teams that get eliminated from the playoffs.

Like the 'gone fishing' thing

Probably a Barkley original

ETA looks like Shaq started it up on TNT from its Nick Van Exel origin

Thanks @Yo Mama for the info

Last edited:
Update on Little Woz. He got in trouble yesterday for trying sneak his Edwards jersey into school to wear it during recess (Catholic school so strict uniform requirements). I couldn't even be mad.

This morning at 6:00 AM he turns the TV on demanding to watch the Timberwolves. I had to explain that it's tomorrow and the time. He's annoyed they don't play at his whim.

Finally, since I was finally able to get him to understand that the Timberwolves already beat the Suns and won't play them again and they now play the Denver Nuggets, he's spent the last couple of days telling anybody he sees that the "Timberwolves are going to beat the 'chicken nuggets!"

Kid has gotten almost more enjoyment out of being a Wolves fan in his two weeks of fandom than I have for forty years. Can't wait to tell him tomorrow during the game that our new opponent has a best player named "The Joker" as he loves Batman.

Last edited:

The Palace Brawl, all I could think about when I saw Beverly hurl the ball at females in the stands, gender doesn't really matter here.
What really sucks when you watch it is that a guy thinks the ball just ended up there in error and tosses it back to him only to have Beverly whip it right back at him with intent to hurt

That's really disgusting and I think a lengthy suspension should be in place, you cannot have that kind of behavior, no justification for it.
NBA very fortunate this did not get worse or escalate into a disaster
hey welcome back ministrone how far do you have heat culture going in the playoffs take that to the bank bromigo
Dammit every ****ing time... :lmao: :cry:

Crazy the leap the Magic have taken in the last year. What a great season and future they have.
On the broadcast they said something like Franz/Banchero/Suggs are only the third trio in NBA history 22-years old or younger to each have 20+ points in the same playoff game.

The other two:
KD/Russ/Harden
KD/Russ/Ibaka

How do people complain about Luka and refs when Russell Westbrick is still in the game too? If Luka is a first team complainer, Westbrick may be the MVP.

Clippers should have extended George first
I’m not sure the Clippers are a ton better off than the Suns right now. Does anyone believe that Kawhi is going to be able to make it to the playoffs and play all the way through healthy again?

Clippers should have extended George first
I’m not sure the Clippers are a ton better off than the Suns right now. Does anyone believe that Kawhi is going to be able to make it to the playoffs and play all the way through healthy again?
No not at all. Balmer just wants a big name for his new arena and Kawhi will hobble through some December games for that check. Not a serious franchise.

Luka is great obviously, but I definitely wish he'd stop with the constant complaining to the officials.

Playoff Harden is like that moody girlfriend who is awesome on the good days, but on the bad days, you'd rather they were thousands of miles away.

How do people complain about Luka and refs when Russell Westbrick is still in the game too? If Luka is a first team complainer, Westbrick may be the MVP.
Both things are true, to me
Yeah I mean I'm jesting a bit. I think the complaints are a little overblown with him though. People saying he's the worst don't watch enough basketball. Do Luka and Embiid both whine kind of a lot? Yes. BUT, their ratio of whining to actually getting hit and whacked repeatedly without a call (aka being correct) is WAY higher than others.

Luka gets officiated kind of like Shaq.

Even up 20 with 6 minutes to go or so, down to around 4 minutes, there are 3 straight possessions of booing in the arena because you can see Mann or Harden, or both on the same possession, where Luka is at the top of the key, catches the ball, and they just grab his arms. Like they froze it on the jumbotron and he has both hands just wrapped around Luka's upper arms. Then he drives on Harden, who gets the dumbest calls, and stops to turn around and shoot, and both of Harden's arms are fully extended with hands on Luka's chest...and nothing.

Embiid faced a lot of the same stuff. NY just absolutely hammered him all series. he shot 12, 21, 14, 6, and 13 FTs. He probably should have had 20/game.

So I feel a lot for the bigger dudes that are hard to officiate. Because when the other team gives a little shove or moves the pick enough to be called, and Embiid gets called for a foul on the PnR that when he's the ball handler NEVER gets called purely because the size difference is there, I have a lot of empathy.

Jokic does it too, by the way. We just like his off court personality more. But man if he isn't tossing his hands up, doing the two hands in front of my face wild eyed "what me how could it possible be me?????" face...all these guys do it to some extent. I think the guys who are bigger have a lot more legitimate gripes on average.

Luka is great obviously, but I definitely wish he'd stop with the constant complaining to the officials.

Playoff Harden is like that moody girlfriend who is awesome on the good days, but on the bad days, you'd rather they were thousands of miles away.
LOL right on time with my post.

The big guys get away with a lot of stuff too

Thinking this type of discriminating viewpoint is as pointless as debating being a little pregnant

Both things are true, to me
Yeah I mean I'm jesting a bit. I think the complaints are a little overblown with him though. People saying he's the worst don't watch enough basketball. Do Luka and Embiid both whine kind of a lot? Yes. BUT, their ratio of whining to actually getting hit and whacked repeatedly without a call (aka being correct) is WAY higher than others.

Luka gets officiated kind of like Shaq.

Even up 20 with 6 minutes to go or so, down to around 4 minutes, there are 3 straight possessions of booing in the arena because you can see Mann or Harden, or both on the same possession, where Luka is at the top of the key, catches the ball, and they just grab his arms. Like they froze it on the jumbotron and he has both hands just wrapped around Luka's upper arms. Then he drives on Harden, who gets the dumbest calls, and stops to turn around and shoot, and both of Harden's arms are fully extended with hands on Luka's chest...and nothing.

Embiid faced a lot of the same stuff. NY just absolutely hammered him all series. he shot 12, 21, 14, 6, and 13 FTs. He probably should have had 20/game.

So I feel a lot for the bigger dudes that are hard to officiate. Because when the other team gives a little shove or moves the pick enough to be called, and Embiid gets called for a foul on the PnR that when he's the ball handler NEVER gets called purely because the size difference is there, I have a lot of empathy.

Jokic does it too, by the way. We just like his off court personality more. But man if he isn't tossing his hands up, doing the two hands in front of my face wild eyed "what me how could it possible be me?????" face...all these guys do it to some extent. I think the guys who are bigger have a lot more legitimate gripes on average.

You aren't watching enough basketball if you think Jokic is even on the same planet as Embiid, Luka, or Tatum.

Jokic complains just enough to get his point across and in the right tone and manner so he doesn't come off as a wine crybaby like the others. It has nothing to do with off the court stuff.

The big guys get away with a lot of stuff too

Thinking this type of discriminating viewpoint is as pointless as debating being a little pregnant
I mean personally I'd like none of the old man on a porch whining about whining. But if we're gonna go down the path we should at least bring an accurate fact base to it.

Preseason odds to win championship
BOS +450
DEN +450
PHO +600
MIL +600
GSW +1200
LAL +1500
MIA +1600
PHI +1800
LAC +2200
MEM +2200

Only Boston and Denver are still alive
Now that’s a good stat. Happy with my Denver +375 I got in February.

Mavs-Thunder doesn’t start until Tuesday. Nuggets-Wolves play game 2 on Monday but don’t play game 3 until Friday. NBA is always so weird with playoff schedules.

Users who are viewing this thread