What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Sad Minnesota fan remembers Vikings season is up next (27 Viewers)

Out of the 25 2020 All-Stars, only 3 made it to the second round this year with their same team: Jokic, Doncic, and Tatum. It’s a good example to remind us how quickly fates can change in the NBA.

That is a good stat and shows how bad it is to build your team around all stars or names that fans, players and even some gms try to do.

Mavs-Thunder doesn’t start until Tuesday. Nuggets-Wolves play game 2 on Monday but don’t play game 3 until Friday. NBA is always so weird with playoff schedules.

I agree usually, but not in this case. The Mavs just ended last night.

Out of the 25 2020 All-Stars, only 3 made it to the second round this year with their same team: Jokic, Doncic, and Tatum. It’s a good example to remind us how quickly fates can change in the NBA.
The only final MVP OR regular season MVP in the second round is Jokic.

Jokic will be the oldest (currently 29 and 75 days) All-Star player from THIS season's All-Star game to make the second round.

Here's the latest Porzingas update. He just took a bunch of questions at practice. He still isn't back to doing anything on the court. Only weight room / rehab / physical therapy for now. Supposed to get reevaluated and have a progress check soon (Monday?), then hopes to start doing lighter stuff on the court while still undergoing treatment. He said this injury is worse than the calf injury from earlier this season. He was out 5 games / 11 days that time. No setbacks so far.

Game one against TBA will be a week already. Average return time for a soleus strain is 17 days. That would be 5/16. Game 5 in the second round would be 5/15. If Boston is up 3-1 by then, I doubt they would play him.

Maxi Kleber has a grade three separation in his shooting shoulder. Bummer - he offered a lot of optionality for the Mavs and he looked to be moving a little better lately than he has in while. All the reports are saying he "may" miss the rest of the playoffs. I'll go out on a limb (see what I did there) and say that there is zero chance he makes it back regardless of how far the Mavs make it.

Maxi Kleber has a grade three separation in his shooting shoulder. Bummer - he offered a lot of optionality for the Mavs and he looked to be moving a little better lately than he has in while. All the reports are saying he "may" miss the rest of the playoffs. I'll go out on a limb (see what I did there) and say that there is zero chance he makes it back regardless of how far the Mavs make it.
Yeah. Sucks. Coffey just made a weird play. Couldn't decide if he would foul or take a charge, ended up just causing an injury. Just unfortunate.

It's more damaging than people realize IMO. Kidd FINALLY started playing him alongside one of Lively/Gafford and it created some real lockdown defensive setups.

To me, I think it means I like their chances against OKC, with no size, but a matchup against Denver or Minnesota feels a little bit dead in the water. That body to go against Gordon and KAT is a real loss without a great replacement.

I assume it'll mean more Josh Green minutes, and hopefully PJ Washington can play more minutes too, because he does much of the same.

lucky guy. that fall looked miserable.

Did I just read that 8 of Lebron’s 9 head coaches were fired during his tenure? All but Spo? Doesn’t seem right.
I'm only seeing 5. I guess we could count 6 if we count interim coach Brendan Malone, but that seems silly to include

2003/2004 - CLE Paul Silas
2004/2005 - CLE Paul Silas fired mideason, interim coach Brendan Malone
2005/2006 - CLE Mike Brown
2006/2007 - CLE Mike Brown
2007/2008 - CLE Mike Brown
2008/2009 - CLE Mike Brown
2009/2010 - CLE Mike Brown
2010/2011 - MIA Erik Spoelstra
2011/2012 - MIA Erik Spoelstra
2012/2013 - MIA Erik Spoelstra
2013/2014 - MIA Erik Spoelstra
2014/2015 - CLE David Blatt
2015/2016 - CLE David Blatt fired midseason, Ty Lue hired
2016/2017 - CLE Ty Lue
2017/2018 - CLE Ty Lue
2018/2019 - LAL Luke Walton fired at end of season
2019/2020 - LAL Frank Vogel
2020/2021 - LAL Frank Vogel
2021/2022 - LAL Frank Vogel fired at end of season
2022/2023 - LAL Darvin Ham
2023/2024 - LAL Darvin Ham fired at end of season

KAT is so gifted, but man does he have a lot of bone headed plays.
He's not a very smart player. If they had a more traditional PF that could shoot a bit, they would be significantly better.
He's a moron, no doubt. But he also never asked to leave Minnesota despite all the garbage years, was willing to move positions to accomodate Gobert, and has gracefully stepped aside as Edwards has ascended to the clear team leader with no drama at all. So I have to like him. But stop ****ing fouling!

Putting on my old curmudgeon hat. The complete ignoring of lane violations is something that drives me nuts. Guys not only just line up with their feet hanging into the lane now, but they’re very obviously fully stepping into the lane before the free throw is released. And the guys beyond the arc are very clearly crossing the line before the shot is off as well.

Putting on my old curmudgeon hat. The complete ignoring of lane violations is something that drives me nuts. Guys not only just line up with their feet hanging into the lane now, but they’re very obviously fully stepping into the lane before the free throw is released. And the guys beyond the arc are very clearly crossing the line before the shot is off as well.
That's the part I'm focusing on about this game too.

Noticed the same

Users who are viewing this thread