What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Sad Minnesota fan remembers Vikings season is up next (48 Viewers)

Putting on my old curmudgeon hat. The complete ignoring of lane violations is something that drives me nuts. Guys not only just line up with their feet hanging into the lane now, but they’re very obviously fully stepping into the lane before the free throw is released. And the guys beyond the arc are very clearly crossing the line before the shot is off as well.
Hard to get upset about something that's just not enforced. Nobody is gaining an advantage.

I’ve noticed Joker does this sneaky move where he ties up the defender but acts like he’s the one being held.
Well, he’s been doing it for 4-5 years now. So yeah.

:lmao:

I’ll be honest, I haven’t enjoyed the product very much since Kobe left. Anthony Edward’s has lured me back.

I’ve also come full circle on the product. These guys are all so athletic, it’s a joy to watch. I also have felt like defense is having a sight renaissance or at least is headed in the right direction.

Ant has the turnaround jumper of a 10 year vet.
He has the turnaround jumper of Michael Jeffrey Jordan. It’s eerie.

It really is. It’s crazy how it’s not blasphemous to say. We all see……”it”.

He’s got some things to clean up (Sloppy with the ball sometimes and leaves his feet with no place to go,) but thats nitpicking at this stage.

Ant has the turnaround jumper of a 10 year vet.
He has the turnaround jumper of Michael Jeffrey Jordan. It’s eerie.

It really is. It’s crazy how it’s not blasphemous to say. We all see……”it”.

He’s got some things to clean up (Sloppy with the ball sometimes and leaves his feet with no place to go,) but thats nitpicking at this stage.
Yea you just gotta call it like it is. It’s right there. Not saying he’s gonna be MJ but sure af looks like him. And he’s only 22????? wtf.

Edwards with some impressive comps right now.

22 and younger with back to back 40 point playoff games (all time):
Kobe
Ant

22 and younger with 35+ in three straight playoff games (all-time):
Kareem
Kobe
LeBron
Ant

Moral of the story: Ant = future Laker
You had me and then you lost me.

Kobe
Ant

Kareem
Kobe
LeBron
Ant

Kobe
Ant

Kareem
Kobe
LeBron
Ant

You molest collies.

How do people complain about Luka and refs when Russell Westbrick is still in the game too? If Luka is a first team complainer, Westbrick may be the MVP.
Luka deserves all the praise for his play and all the bashing he receives for his whining to the refs.

All Whine 1st Team
Luka Doncic - MVP, team captain
Joel Embiid - Leader per minute
Jason Tatum - Late game go to
LeBron James - Can still get it done
Jalen Brunson - New kid on the block

Winner of this series is winning the west. Do not believe in the OKC Kidz Club to beat either.
I have the winner of this series winning the championship (assuming the winner maintains decent health)
Yea I have Denver winning it all. Minnesota - Boston would be a toss-up imo.
Minnesota matches up as well as anyone vs Denver. I don't think that same thing against a healthy Boston team.

I’ve noticed Joker does this sneaky move where he ties up the defender but acts like he’s the one being held.
I think it's usually when the defender hooks him, he traps their arm and flails like he can't move. It's usually a foul on the defense but kind of a flop on Jokic.
Sucks a player has to do that to get a call. In DAL/LAC Game 6 Zubac stood strong and took a clear charge right into his chest from Gafford. Zubac didn't flop / fall down, so he got no call (and he then gets posterized to boot).

BTW - that was one hell of an effort by Gafford. Top 5 highlight play of the playoffs so far?

I think it's usually when the defender hooks him, he traps their arm and flails like he can't move. It's usually a foul on the defense but kind of a flop on Jokic.
Sucks a player has to do that to get a call. In DAL/LAC Game 6 Zubac stood strong and took a clear charge right into his chest from Gafford. Zubac didn't flop / fall down, so he got no call (and he then gets posterized to boot).

BTW - that was one hell of an effort by Gafford. Top 5 highlight play of the playoffs so far?
Yes, amazing highlight.

Yes, definitely a charge. But Zubac is a big guy - as I said earlier, the bigger you are, the harder it is to officiate.

Finally...I would expand the charge circle another 5+ feet if it were me. Taking a charge is not a basketball play. I say this as a scrappy white guy who always led the team in charges taken. It's ridiculous that we have this awesome game, but we want to eliminate highlights and cause more injuries by trying to slide underneath a guy about to do something exciting and create a dangerous collision instead.

As much as officiating is already hard, they get block charge wrong all the time anyway. And they seem just fine at getting pushoffs and offensive fouls from bull rushing guys in open court. Would be no worse near the basket and the stupid slide-in with the goal of being run over and not trying to play defense at all...yeah screw that.

I believe there's a decent hypothesis that just about anything you'd never call in a pickup game probably doesn't belong as a call in the NBA either.

Users who are viewing this thread