What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Lakers blame refs for blowing 20-point lead (17 Viewers)

I’d love to see the Lakers trade down from the #17 to someone like the Pacers who have multiple picks at #26 and #29. Lots of guys in the same tier will be there later.

Chatter that my Pels are wanting to move up in the draft and try to go after Scoot. That would mean getting rid of either B.I. or ZIon. If that happens, I hope it's Zion. :kicksrock:

I’d love to see the Lakers trade down from the #17 to someone like the Pacers who have multiple picks at #26 and #29. Lots of guys in the same tier will be there later.
You also have the Hornets sitting on 4 picks between 27 and 41. No way are they going to use those all.

The Wizards will be working with Bradley Beal to arrange a trade "if they make the decision to rebuild," per Woj & Shams. Miami is said to be a frontrunner for Beal, despite already being ~$6 million away from the second luxury tax apron without Love, Strus, or Vincent under contract.

Would be very Wizards-like to wait to hit the reset button until the year before a bad draft, after giving Beal a horrendous contract, and after the enactment of a new CBA with much more punitive luxury tax penalties that further narrows the list of potential Beal suitors.

Last edited:
The Wizards will be working with Bradley Beal to arrange a trade "if they make the decision to rebuild," per Woj & Shams. Miami is said to be a frontrunner for Beal, despite already being ~$6 million away from the second luxury tax apron without Love, Strus, or Vincent under contract.

Would be very Wizards-like to wait to hit the reset button until the year before a bad draft, after giving Beal a horrendous contract, and after the enactment of a new CBA with much more punitive luxury tax penalties that further narrows the list of potential Beal suitors.
I’m trying to figure out how the Heat make a Beal trade work with anything the Wizards would want in a rebuild.

Lowry/Herro/Martin/Jovic looks close salary wise but nba trade machine says no for some reason.

I’m trying to figure out how the Heat make a Beal trade work with anything the Wizards would want in a rebuild.

Lowry/Herro/Martin/Jovic looks close salary wise but nba trade machine says no for some reason.
Windhorst was reporting that the return for Beal might be surprisingly weak given his contract situation. Would something as ugly as Lowry/Oladipo (expring) with Jovic + picks get it done? That would at least take $39 million off Washington's payroll after next season and give them a few interesting young guys to look at.

Chatter that my Pels are wanting to move up in the draft and try to go after Scoot. That would mean getting rid of either B.I. or ZIon. If that happens, I hope it's Zion. :kicksrock:
You off the Zion train?
I don't want to be, but can't help it at this point. Peak frustration. I just have more confidence in B.I. than Zion at this time. The "what if" potential for Zion is what makes it so difficult. We got a little taste of how he can change this team. But if we don't get to actually use him, then he's hurting us more than he's helping, especially when you add the off the court nonsense on top of the injury plague. If they move him, we won't get a Zion type talent of course, but any consistent player is better than a short timer that you can't depend on when it counts.

That looks like too much salary in return. I would bet it involves Herro, Jokic, and Robinson plus a first round pick.

Man, that is so accurate.

A slew of high end prospects got moved for huge returns over the last 5 years. Beal should have been one of those players. Instead the Wizards did what they do.

Hopefully they can move Beal out before his contract becomes unmovable when he's inevitably missing games again.

You off the Zion train?
I don't want to be, but can't help it at this point. Peak frustration. I just have more confidence in B.I. than Zion at this time. The "what if" potential for Zion is what makes it so difficult. We got a little taste of how he can change this team. But if we don't get to actually use him, then he's hurting us more than he's helping, especially when you add the off the court nonsense on top of the injury plague. If they move him, we won't get a Zion type talent of course, but any consistent player is better than a short timer that you can't depend on when it counts.
I've advocated trading Zion for a few years now. He's just not the rock a franchise can build a championship team around.

That said, it seems much more likely the Pelicans would be willing to move Brandon Ingram to land a player like Scoot Henderson in the draft. The team has the big Zion & CJ McCollum contracts and will have to pay Trey Murphy big money soon and even give Herb Jones a nice contract bump.

Gotta move somebody that's making money in the next year or so or they'll be stuck anyway. If they can make that move now for the potential a player like Scoot has makes a lot of sense. It's also fortunate for New Orleans that the Hornets and Trailblazers seem intrigued to add a veteran like Ingram for their #2/#3 pick + something. Hopefully a deal gets done.

You off the Zion train?
I've advocated trading Zion for a few years now. He's just not the rock a franchise can build a championship team around.

That said, it seems much more likely the Pelicans would be willing to move Brandon Ingram to land a player like Scoot Henderson in the draft. The team has the big Zion & CJ McCollum contracts and will have to pay Trey Murphy big money soon and even give Herb Jones a nice contract bump.

Gotta move somebody that's making money in the next year or so or they'll be stuck anyway. If they can make that move now for the potential a player like Scoot has makes a lot of sense. It's also fortunate for New Orleans that the Hornets and Trailblazers seem intrigued to add a veteran like Ingram for their #2/#3 pick + something. Hopefully a deal gets done.
Before this year was too soon to be advocating for that. Now that he has gone another year missing a ton of games, and we add on top of that the off the court nonsense, It makes it more palatable. Not many "rocks" are rocks in their 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd year out of college in the NBA. This is why part of me kind of expects Zion to get traded and then him become what he has been thought to be all this time (talent-wise).

That said, financially I know you are right, and I agree. I just hate to see B.I. go. :sadbanana:

Zion seems like the type who will definitely figure it out, but only after he hits rock bottom and gets moved. Sucks when you are team 1 in that scenario but some people only learn stuff the hard way

You off the Zion train?

A year ago you would have let this man spit in your mouth and now you won't even give him a hug. You've changed bruh.

You off the Zion train?

A year ago you would have let this man spit in your mouth and now you won't even give him a hug. You've changed bruh.

:lmao:

Zion seems like the type who will definitely figure it out, but only after he hits rock bottom and gets moved. Sucks when you are team 1 in that scenario but some people only learn stuff the hard way

The problem is, he runs the risk of catastrophic leg injury with all that weight he carries around. Until he learns how to properly eat and drink (he apparently downs soda pop like a pimple-faced video game junkie on a bender) like an athlete he will never "get it". His rock bottom is soooooooo far below a normal person's rock bottom because he's already been paid like a top tier athlete. So he can sink....and sink some more. And when he does reach rock bottom, he will have pissed it all away due to chronic health problems.
Maybe New Orleans isn't the best spot for a 22 year old kid who has no self control and all the money in the world.

You off the Zion train?

:oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread