What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: nearly universal praise for 2024 draft (4 Viewers)

Even if he ends up playing guard or center, it's a good pick. The Steelers OL has significantly improved. Given their new O coordinator and playmakers, OL was the way to go in the first round.

I assume they are okay with him if he's forced to go inside (likely G, but if he potentially can play C? Maybe. No idea if he can/can't. Thought him taking snaps at his pro day was the first time he ever did it) or they wouldn't have selected him.

I'm fine with it. He's a good player, has an edge to him, and is probably a better fit athletically in Artie's wide zone scheme than Barton would be regardless of playing T, G or whatever.

Still really like Frazier at C though. He's a bad, bad man when he straps on the headgear.

Wish I was listening to the fan. Would love to hear the yinzers go nuts. Guess there's always tomorrow. Would have been more fun if it was Barton though.

I would probably move Daniels to C and play him at G. This would make me move from hate to just bad. Mitchell is a top CB. He should have gone top 10. There are other interior OL that could be found in the 3rd or later. CB is a premium position and a bigger need.

If these guys are available at 20, who is your preference?

Brian Thomas
Amarius Mims
Graham Barton
Tailese Fuaga
Terrion Arnold
Arnold by miles.

Thomas is interesting, but there are a lot of people who do not like him. Worries me.
Mims has played 8 games. Too much risk for me. Also very unlikely to play this year.
20 is too high to take a C
Fuaga is a G with his T rex arms
Arnold the person is definitely a guy Tomlin would love to have. And Arnold the player is great too.
It was fun to watch him get drafted.

Brian Thomas
Amarius Mims
Graham Barton
Tailese Fuaga
Terrion Arnold
I think Mims goes to the Bengals and Fuaga is long gone,
I don't hate it. Trade up and get our C
He is the C. No way he sticks at T
Nah... he'll start at T.
Has he ever taken a snap?
He is 6'3''. He is not an NFL tackle.
NFL.com shoes 6'4 317, with 34.5 inch arms. Everyone Slater to end up at guard because he's even smaller and he hasnt. He's not too small to play tackle if they want him there.

I don't hate it. Trade up and get our C
He is the C. No way he sticks at T
Nah... he'll start at T.
Has he ever taken a snap?
He is 6'3''. He is not an NFL tackle.
6'4'' and he is a tackle.
At 6'5" Barton is too tall to be a center and at 6'4" Fautanu is too short to be a tackle. Kinda silly really.

Brian Thomas
Amarius Mims
Graham Barton
Tailese Fuaga
Terrion Arnold
I think Mims goes to the Bengals and Fuaga is long gone,

Look at Nostradamus here...
Looks like that got saved and didnt post it lol. I did post in the Bengals thread that we're (Im a Bengals fan) taking Mims before the draft.

Draftbuzz.com

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY
Troy Fautanu has established himself as a premier pass protector, showcasing exceptional footwork, agility, and the ability to neutralize advanced pass rush techniques. His ability to maintain pocket integrity is a standout trait His technique in pass sets, especially his hand usage and ability to redirect rushers, reflects a high football IQ and adaptability on the line.

However, transitioning to the run game, Fautanu's tape shows areas for growth. While he possesses the requisite burst and mobility for effective run blocking, his execution lacks consistency. To elevate his game, focusing on refining his pad level, drive, and hand placement will be crucial. Developing a more consistent anchor and enhancing his ability to generate push at the line of scrimmage will round out his skill set, making him a more complete lineman.

From a draft perspective, Fautanu's quality in pass protection positions him favorably, with the potential for an early selection. His skill set offers immediate value, particularly for teams emphasizing pass-heavy offenses. If he can bridge the gap between his pass-protection excellence and run-blocking potential, Fautanu could evolve into a complete lineman,
Given the demand for solid pass-protecting tackles in the NFL he probably won't last past day one.

Run blocking is getting in the way of the defender and the ball, walling them off, no OL just moves a 325 pound DL around. Steelers now have 2 tackles who are quick, one in Jones who can do it all, and the other, the Tribal Chief, who will get coached up and be super quick, pissed off and pack a punch. He'll be fine.
I just wonder how they are gonna add a good WR and a C. Assume they can trade up for 1 of them, but not sure how to get both. Unless they like someone not named JPJ or Frazier.
Van Pran and Nourzad are good options IMO.
Pearsall to 9ers, might signal a trade of one of their WRs is coming. I really wanted him for Steelers at 51, I was way off!

As a Bengals fan I hate seeing the Steelers OL get better like this. Glad we atleast sniped you guys from getting two Georgia boys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread