What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs dolphins only on peacock. What the… (2 Viewers)

Will you watch tonight’s game?

• I already have peacock

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I’m signing up today

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • I’m not watching the game

Votes: 53 55.8%

• Total voters
So if I get home in the middle of the 4th quarter, I can’t rewind it to the beginning of the game(max 2 hours, I believe) so would have to wait for the replay. Ungood
Why can't you rewind it? I am watching the Browns game now on Peacock and can rewind it.
Check it for me in a few hours. See if it will go back more than 2 hours.
Will do and I will see what happens when the game ends. Can it be pulled back up?
You are right that rewinding only worked like 2 hours back
Dumb

Nobody missed much tonight
One of the worst Playoff games of the weekend
Never much doubt in this game
LAM!!!! I saved $6. :boatloads:
I know it's not the $6 and truly I think a lot of folks just don't like having to get an app going on their big TV, especially a Playoff game which have always been free. TV before tonight
I actually think the ratings will be pretty good at least thru the 1st and 2nd Q before Miami proved they weren't gonna make much of a game out of it.
I want to see the comparison vs the Bills-Chargers game a few weeks back

Nobody missed much tonight
One of the worst Playoff games of the weekend
Never much doubt in this game
LAM!!!! I saved $6. :boatloads:
I know it's not the $6 and truly I think a lot of folks just don't like having to get an app going on their big TV, especially a Playoff game which have always been free. TV before tonight
I actually think the ratings will be pretty good at least thru the 1st and 2nd Q before Miami proved they weren't gonna make much of a game out of it.
I want to see the comparison vs the Bills-Chargers game a few weeks back
It’s an annoying money grab. My 79 year old step dad grew up a dolphins fan. There was no way he was downloading peacock. He was pissed. 🤷‍♂️

I would have done it for him. but only realized today that it was only on peacock.

Of course it was the least viewed WC game because of the path to watch, but it was only the most-streamed live event in US history.

The age of “free” TV was over decades ago. That died with the onset of cable. Welcome to 2024. Not exactly sure how this will unfold, but I’ll gladly shell out a few bucks to watch the NFL.

Of course it was the least viewed WC game because of the path to watch, but it was only the most-streamed live event in US history.

The age of “free” TV was over decades ago. That died with the onset of cable. Welcome to 2024. Not exactly sure how this will unfold, but I’ll gladly shell out a few bucks to watch the NFL.
I don't think anyone on this board is saying they will never pay to watch the NFL. What the complaint is that we don't want to have to subscribe to a provider like Comcast or Verizon to see the NFL network games and ESPN game, then pay for Amazon Prime for the Thursday night games, then pay for YouTube TV for the overseas games, then pay for Peacock... oh and I forgot about ESPN +. The Sunday Ticket, which I was happy to purchase years ago, is increasingly less of a value with the more games moved to different days of the week as well. No sir, you paid for the Sunday ticket, this is a Saturday playoff game. And the complaint most brought up in this thread which is valid is that the production of many of these services is sub par. Not just the feed, but the camera and production work, the broadcast teams, the whole package.

I'll pay to watch the NFL but I think many of the decisions the NFL has made recently have been clear money grabs which are not going to be good long term plays. They are trying to squeeze the last few dimes out of their revenue streams without realizing that they are drastically compromising their product in the process. That will lead to long term decline.

I don't think anyone on this board is saying they will never pay to watch the NFL. What the complaint is that we don't want to have to subscribe to a provider like Comcast or Verizon to see the NFL network games and ESPN game, then pay for Amazon Prime for the Thursday night games, then pay for YouTube TV for the overseas games, then pay for Peacock... oh and I forgot about ESPN +. The Sunday Ticket, which I was happy to purchase years ago, is increasingly less of a value with the more games moved to different days of the week as well. No sir, you paid for the Sunday ticket, this is a Saturday playoff game. And the complaint most brought up in this thread which is valid is that the production of many of these services is sub par. Not just the feed, but the camera and production work, the broadcast teams, the whole package.

I'll pay to watch the NFL but I think many of the decisions the NFL has made recently have been clear money grabs which are not going to be good long term plays. They are trying to squeeze the last few dimes out of their revenue streams without realizing that they are drastically compromising their product in the process. That will lead to long term decline.
The overwhelmingly vast majority of NFL fans would subscribe to a cable or streaming service if the NFL didn't exist. So right there is a bunch of games you can watch via a provider you already pay for, anyway. I'm not sure how many households already have Prime, but it's a lot.

We're lucky we get the number of "free" games we do now. The problem I have is people thinking the NFL owes them something. It's a business, first & foremost. Want to watch Tulsa King with Stallone? You need Paramount Plus. These are the times we live in.

Like I said, not sure how this will play out, but we all have to decide how we spend our entertainment dollar.

The overwhelmingly vast majority of NFL fans would subscribe to a cable or streaming service if the NFL didn't exist. So right there is a bunch of games you can watch via a provider you already pay for, anyway. I'm not sure how many households already have Prime, but it's a lot.

We're lucky we get the number of "free" games we do now. The problem I have is people thinking the NFL owes them something. It's a business, first & foremost. Want to watch Tulsa King with Stallone? You need Paramount Plus. These are the times we live in.

Like I said, not sure how this will play out, but we all have to decide how we spend our entertainment dollar.
Not sure where I said the NFL owes anyone anything. In fact, I think I just said I would pay for a comprehensive NFL package if they had it so long as they used professional teams to shoot and broadcast them and let me see all of the games. I'm not interested in paying to subscribe to a new service to see a sub par product. Yes, that is the NFLs choice, and yes I think it will hurt them in the long run.

Not sure where I said the NFL owes anyone anything. In fact, I think I just said I would pay for a comprehensive NFL package if they had it so long as they used professional teams to shoot and broadcast them and let me see all of the games. I'm not interested in paying to subscribe to a new service to see a sub par product. Yes, that is the NFLs choice, and yes I think it will hurt them in the long run.
I didn’t necessarily mean you, but I see a lot of demands from people who seem to forget it’s a business.

It sounds like you want a nice, tidy package where you can see all the games. They don’t owe that to anyone, either. We can discuss quality of broadcast, but I don’t find it lacking to any unreasonable degree. Your mileage may vary which is why we have a choice.

I didn’t necessarily mean you, but I see a lot of demands from people who seem to forget it’s a business.

It sounds like you want a nice, tidy package where you can see all the games. They don’t owe that to anyone, either. We can discuss quality of broadcast, but I don’t find it lacking to any unreasonable degree. Your mileage may vary which is why we have a choice.
peacocks version of live NFL broadcasts blows compared to every other provider. HTH

peacocks version of live NFL broadcasts blows compared to every other provider. HTH
It’s kinda like the people who complain about announcers. The real attraction is on the field. If announcers & all the fluff is something that’s a dealbreaker (which is fine), you have a choice.

I’m sure NBC could up their game as far that goes, but it’s still enjoyable.

Last edited:

It’s kinda like the people who complain about announcers. The real attraction is on the field. If announcers & all the fluff is something that’s a dealbreaker (which is fine), you have a choice.

Can’t record it. Can only rewind 2 hours. Replay isn’t available for at least an hour. Feed is sometimes not the best. Nothing to do with the announcers.

Can’t record it. Can only rewind 2 hours. Replay isn’t available for at least an hour. Feed is sometimes not the best. Nothing to do with the announcers.
Streaming isn’t for everyone. I got the game without paying because of a perk, but I would’ve paid the $6 if not.

The NFL has done a good job of balancing the availability of games in a reasonable manner for fans with their need to make money. We don’t know exactly what that’ll look like in the distant future, but I bet it'll continue.

Last edited:

Streaming isn’t for everyone. I got the game without paying because of a perk, but I would’ve paid the $6 if not.

The NFL has done a good job of balancing the availability of games in a reasonable manner for fans with their need to make money. We don’t know exactly what that’ll look like in the distant future, but I bet that will continue.
I love the Amazon production. i Have zero issues with streaming. :lmao: one would think NBC would know how to provide an excellent product. Peacock isn’t excellent.

The NFL has done a good job of balancing the availability of games in a reasonable manner for fans with their need to make money. We don’t know exactly what that’ll look like in the distant future, but I bet that will continue.
I love the Amazon production. i Have zero issues with streaming. :lmao: one would think NBC would know how to provide an excellent product. Peacock isn’t excellent.
I live in the sticks & have mediocre internet (at best) & it ran perfect. I got everything I needed to enjoy the game.

It seems you have a different standard than me, but it doesn't take away from the fact the NFL has made viewership of its product very reasonable.

Get ready for full-time PPV ala boxing:

Here's my main beef with the data:

Their study has found that the new subscribers signed up during a period of three days leading up to the Wild Card game as the move proved popular in terms of take up. Furthermore, their findings have also uncovered that some 71 percent of these customers maintained a subscription some seven weeks after the game.
I'd be much more interested in seeing the 10 or 11 week data. 7 weeks is within the first auto-renew period. You'll typically be automatically re-upped every 4 weeks for these tv services.

How many of this 71% just forgot to come back and hit the unsubscribe button? It's happened to me, and the second I get the email that $XX has come out of my bank account, I immediately (usually angrily) log back in just to unsubscribe so it won't happen again.

Their study has found that the new subscribers signed up during a period of three days leading up to the Wild Card game as the move proved popular in terms of take up. Furthermore, their findings have also uncovered that some 71 percent of these customers maintained a subscription some seven weeks after the game.
I'd be much more interested in seeing the 10 or 11 week data. 7 weeks is within the first auto-renew period. You'll typically be automatically re-upped every 4 weeks for these tv services.

How many of this 71% just forgot to come back and hit the unsubscribe button? It's happened to me, and the second I get the email that $XX has come out of my bank account, I immediately (usually angrily) log back in just to unsubscribe so it won't happen again.

Disclaimer: I am not in media or a fan of their influence.

You are focusing on the wrong bottom line. **** ton of peeps sub'd to the peeny weeny lil Peacock to watch this one game. The genie is out of the bottle now. They know they have us.

You vill eat ze bugs and pay for single NFL games soon; and you vill be happy.

ND has one of their home football games on Peacock now, drives us nuts. Now that the Big 10 is on NBC/Peacock, they will have some football; on Peacock, they had a hoops game of the week on Tuesdays.

Yeah, so they made ~$30 million on a $110 million gamble, and that's good? 🤔

Yeah, so they made ~$30 million on a $110 million gamble, and that's good? 🤔
Obviously there hope is that a significant amount of those new users stick around for years and years

This seems like a recipe to kill your own brand. The NFL is strong, so it won’t kill it overnight, but more of a slow death. I was a huge boxing fan years ago, and I played along with their HBO and Showtime gigs, and even many of the cheaper PPV fights — for a while. They eventually lost me, and I don’t miss it. I am was a KC Royals fan, but their games were unavailable locally on network television last season. I saw exactly zero games, and I don’t care to re-engage. In a world where viewers have so many options, greedy Networks and Leagues may be overplaying their hands.

This seems like a recipe to kill your own brand. The NFL is strong, so it won’t kill it overnight, but more of a slow death. I was a huge boxing fan years ago, and I played along with their HBO and Showtime gigs, and even many of the cheaper PPV fights — for a while. They eventually lost me, and I don’t miss it. I am was a KC Royals fan, but their games were unavailable locally on network television last season. I saw exactly zero games, and I don’t care to re-engage. In a world where viewers have so many options, greedy Networks and Leagues may be overplaying their hands.
It's all a fight for money now with no thought of the future.

I used to be a huge Cubs fan, but the Ricketts family has managed to end that. The minimum price for a standalone streaming service for Cubs games (as an in-market resident) is $20 per month. That doesn't sound like a huge burden, but once everything becomes a standalone model, choices will have to be made. I've made my choice here.

In fairness, I'm also rather fed up with the Ricketts' buying up all the property around Wrigley Field, purchasing all the rooftop bleachers, opening up their own sportsbook and then claiming poverty when it comes to player payroll...

my main issue is that it really sucks to basically have log in and log out to watch.....and it sounds like that will get worse before it gets better if we start heading down the a la carte path...meaning I can't switch to something else at commercial and then quickly back to my original game....I get this is where we are going but the inconvenience is my main issue.....I will pay for whatever, but I want to be able to navigate back and forth quickly....streaming ****s that up....

can't believe I used to complain about paying 300-400 dollars for the ticket......and that was when every other game was free....regular and post season....the good ol days...

my main issue is that it really sucks to basically have log in and log out to watch.....and it sounds like that will get worse before it gets better if we start heading down the a la carte path...meaning I can't switch to something else at commercial and then quickly back to my original game....I get this is where we are going but the inconvenience is my main issue.....I will pay for whatever, but I want to be able to navigate back and forth quickly....streaming ****s that up....
Cable and even antenna TV have have always given us the quick flip between games or programs. These apps have to figure that part out before I can buy in.

Just found out the Eagles season opener on Friday night in Brazil will be on Peacock. This blows.
Who is running that company. That seems less than optimal for an ROI. Who is the opponent?
Opponent not announced yet, expected in next few days to be Browns or Packers.
For maximum eyeballs, it’s got to be the packers, right?
Maximum eyeballs for Peacock? Sure, but if the NFL wants maximum exposure, you would save that game for another network that will have more viewers.

This whole thing sucks. Why are they playing on a Friday night and why are they playing on Peacock? (I have Peacock and I will watch but that is 100% not the point)

Just found out the Eagles season opener on Friday night in Brazil will be on Peacock. This blows.
Who is running that company. That seems less than optimal for an ROI. Who is the opponent?
Opponent not announced yet, expected in next few days to be Browns or Packers.
For maximum eyeballs, it’s got to be the packers, right?
Maximum eyeballs for Peacock? Sure, but if the NFL wants maximum exposure, you would save that game for another network that will have more viewers.

This whole thing sucks. Why are they playing on a Friday night and why are they playing on Peacock? (I have Peacock and I will watch but that is 100% not the point)
NBC has already paid the NFL. the NFL will want the exposure to be maximized. They will attempt to make the opening weeks matchups as entertaining as possible. @menobrown gave us the 2 options. The packers are by for the bigger draw. And as a stand alone game on opening week eagles -packers makes sense.

It's been leaked around here that the Browns are the opponent. The league is forbidden by law I believe to play games on Friday that will be played within 100 miles of a high school football game.
Brazil will circumvent that.
I wouldn't let Goodell within 100 miles of a school any day of the week, and not just because of his looks or personality. His interpretation of the ideal gas law set education back for decades.

Games will be played on every single day next season except Tuesday
Christmas Day double header on Wednesday
NFL getting closer and closer to shark jumping territory

Users who are viewing this thread