What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Drake Maye, NE (1 Viewer)

He just looks so prototypical. Like he was built in a lab to play QB. I’ve thought a lot about McCarthy and Daniels but think I’m ready to say I want Maye at 2 for the Skins. Just feels like he has franchise QB written all over him.
In that case I hope they don't pick him

I’m gonna assume you mean because you think they’ll ruin him, which is completely nutso because we might as well be an expansion team. Anything that happened before this off-season happened to a different franchise.

He just looks so prototypical. Like he was built in a lab to play QB. I’ve thought a lot about McCarthy and Daniels but think I’m ready to say I want Maye at 2 for the Skins. Just feels like he has franchise QB written all over him.

I’m gonna assume you mean because you think they’ll ruin him, which is completely nutso because we might as well be an expansion team. Anything that happened before this off-season happened to a different franchise.

First, I think Gatorade doesn't want the Commanders to have a great franchise QB. ;)

Second, If the plan is to groom him for a year, he's the pick. If they throw him to the wolves, it could be a big mistake. Drake's highlights are right there with Caleb's and Jayden's. His lowlights are worse than Rattler's. He's just young and inexperienced. Waldman sees a lot of footwork issues. Warner and Sims see great things and great problems with his decision making. The consistency thing is real. He misses so many easy passes, makes so many odd decisions and has so much hesitation and faith in his gun. Groom him and he has the skillset and intangibles to fix all of this. Expect him to takeover as a rookie and it won't look like Stroud.

Last edited:

First, I think Gatorade doesn't want the Commanders to have a great franchise QB. ;)

Second, If the plan is to groom him for a year, he's the pick. If they throw him to the wolves, it could be a big mistake. Drake's highlights are right there with Caleb's and Jayden's. His lowlights are worse than Rattler's. He's just young and inexperienced. Waldman sees a lot of footwork issues. Warner and Sims see great things and great problems with his decision making. The consistency thing is real. He misses so many easy passes, makes so many odd decisions and has so much hesitation and faith in his gun. Groom him and he has the skillset and intangibles to fix all of this. Expect him to takeover as a rookie and it won't look like Straud.

Haha I see, the opposing fan element didn’t enter my brain. Makes sense now.

I would strongly disagree Maye needs to sit. Yes, I see the footwork issues and the best thing for that in my view is to take reps and live snaps. He’s not at all a raw prospect. I’d want to protect him a bit with the offensive design and play calls early, but he needs to play IMO. Almost no one gets to sit.

Stroud had an historic rookie season. No one should be compared to that.

Not what I mean. As a cowboys fan, if he is a franchise QB, I don't want the skins drafting him. lol

Did the experts explain away his games this year where he completed 50% of his passes?

4 games around 50%, one of which was a win over MIA where he went 4:0 TD:INT. 8 games over 65%.

After a Soph year where he went 4300/38/7.

I kinda feel like doubters need to explain away the other 20 great game he had. :shrug:

What was his signature win as a QB?

This is a thing?

I haven't seen where this matters to future success/clutchness.

It would be so awesome if MIN can get up to 3 to get him.
I still can't fathom how WAS will pass on him, but I'll be so glad if they do.

Of all the things Washington fans have had to endure, watching Drake Maye and Sam Howell face off in the 2026 NFC Championship game will be up there with the worst of it.

Of all the things Washington fans have had to endure, watching Drake Maye and Sam Howell face off in the 2026 NFC Championship game will be up there with the worst of it.
Maye to Minnesota might be better than Caleb in Chicago.
As the owner of 1.02 in SF, that would make for an easy pick imo. Although passing on Harrison could hurt.
As a guy who cheers for the lions, I don’t like it nearly as much.

Maye to Minnesota might be better than Caleb in Chicago.
As the owner of 1.02 in SF, that would make for an easy pick imo. Although passing on Harrison could hurt.
As a guy who cheers for the lions, I don’t like it nearly as much.
If Minnesota pulls it off, the NFC North becomes wildly fascinating (more than it already is).

Lions already SB Contenders. Packers young team already way ahead of schedule.

Then if you mix in CHI and MIN with really talented rookie QB's both somehow dropped into great situations, wow. You should never have rookie QB's of this caliber drafted by decent teams (CAR and WAS gift-wrapping this anomaly). 2 in the same year in the same division would be nuts.

I think this could be a really great landing spot.
There aren't many organizations set up to be as patient as NE. It's not a dumpster fire organization that he's being called in to save immediately. Brissett is a great QB to have in front of a QB that needs some time to develop.

A good organization and team has been competitive even in the post-Brady years until the defensive injuries were just too much last year. Some good chances to add WR talent in this draft.

Users who are viewing this thread