What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Brock Bowers, LV (1 Viewer)

This guy is the best college football player in the country. He has zero weaknesses, and beyond all the insane talent and breaking PFF metrics...he's got Nick Chubb's attitude/approach to the game. Brock LOVES the game and loves the competition and grind, feeds off it. He's so much more can't miss imo than even Pitts was.

NFL Rookie Watch
Brock Bowers looks like one of the best TE’s college football has seen through six games:
• 37 receptions (1st among TE’s)
• 545 receiving yards (1st among TE’s)
• 375 YAC (1st among TE’s)
• 26 first downs (1st among TE’s)
• 16 missed tackles forced (1st among TE’s)
• 4 receiving TD’s (T-2nd among TE’s)
Many NFL scouts reportedly believe Bowers is “comparable” to names like Travis Kelce and Rob Grownkowski. The Bulldogs TE is making quite the case to be in the Heisman conversation

I'm so leery of drafting TEs, even ones with extremely high draft capital. I think I'd prefer to pick them up in year 2 or 3 when they are just about to get up to speed with the position in the NFL. Seems like very few come in and compete from word go.

I'm so leery of drafting TEs, even ones with extremely high draft capital. I think I'd prefer to pick them up in year 2 or 3 when they are just about to get up to speed with the position in the NFL. Seems like very few come in and compete from word go.
just look at Pitts.

Ten to fifteen years ago almost all NFL wrs made a significant jump in production in year 3. Third year break out as it were. Things has changed for wrs for a multitude of reasons, but it still seems to be typical for TEs.

Would you rather have Bowers or LaPorta?
At this point, LaPorta because he has shown he can play at the NFL level and will be a full season into playing with a solid organization (it really pains me to say that, but it's true) before Bowers take his first snap.
Pitts or Bowers?
Pitts, likely for the same reasons. Go back and watch Hock's 2nd year. He showed so much promise but couldn't put it all together. 3rd year, he was much more consistent. The biggest issue with Pitts isn't him, it's his coach who hates us all.

Bowers over Pitts and LaPorta by mile. I would agree Pitts is more of a specimen in terms of size(and no doubt getting held back by his HC), but if you watch them both play Bowers has that dog in him that Pitts doesn't, that is going to translate. The intangibles are what makes him so elite.

I'll just say this - Bowers had 882 yards and 13 TD's as a true freshman - the rarest of air. Few less TD's, but an even bigger sophmore season, and was on pace for a historic SR season and maybe Heisman until this. Every coach on that team says he is the best player with the most elite mentality they have ever coached - all of them.

Austin Abbott
Brock Bowers is legitimately in the conversation for the GREATEST TE prospect of all time.

Where I currently rank Bowers:
- 1.03 in Dynasty Rookie Draft’s (1QB)
- 1.04 in Dynasty Rookie Draft’s (SF)
- TE4 in my Dynasty Rankings

In the ENTIRE PFF College Era, Bowers ranks:
- 1st in career PFF receiving grade (94.3)
- 1st in career receiving yards
- 1st in receiving YAC
- 1st in forced missed tackles
- T-1st in receiving TD's

Draft Eligible: 2024 (Officially declared yesterday)
College: Georgia
Height: 6'4
Weight: 230 lbs
College Production: 175 receptions, 2,538 yards, 31 TD's in 40 games

College Profile:
Break Out Age: 18.7 (95th%)
College YPR: 15.4 (81st%)
Vertical: 41.5 (99th%)

Highschool metrics:
4.48 40 Yard Dash (98th%)
113.6 Speed Score (98th%)

Unmatched energy in the trenches, an absolute unit of a blocker. Subtle head fakes, makes appropriate adjustments without hesitation, he's got the full package as a receiver. Bowers is 3rd percentile in weight (230), the only true concern I have. When he inevitably adds weight, I’m hoping this doesn’t hamper his impressive 4.48 speed.

194 career touches, 0 fumbles. Ball security is on another level with Bowers, he's the epitome of safe. Bowers will absolutely thrive at the next level, this 2024 class should be one of the better ones in recent memory.

Jeremy Shockey, Vernon Davis, and Kyle Pitts are some of the TOP TIER TE prospects that we’ve ever come across. Brock Bowers is arguably a BETTER prospect than all of them. I’m anticipating TOP 10 overall Draft Capital, early to mid 1st round is realistic/inevitable. This kid is truly special, a world class talent.

Austin Abbott
Brock Bowers is legitimately in the conversation for the GREATEST TE prospect of all time.

- 1st in receiving YAC

College Profile:

Highschool metrics:

Unmatched energy in the trenches, an absolute unit of a blocker. Subtle head fakes, makes appropriate adjustments without hesitation, he's got the full package as a receiver. Bowers is 3rd percentile in weight (230), the only true concern I have. When he inevitably adds weight, I’m hoping this doesn’t hamper his impressive 4.48 speed.

194 career touches, 0 fumbles. Ball security is on another level with Bowers, he's the epitome of safe. Bowers will absolutely thrive at the next level, this 2024 class should be one of the better ones in recent memory.

Jeremy Shockey, Vernon Davis, and Kyle Pitts are some of the TOP TIER TE prospects that we’ve ever come across. Brock Bowers is arguably a BETTER prospect than all of them. I’m anticipating TOP 10 overall Draft Capital, early to mid 1st round is realistic/inevitable. This kid is truly special, a world class talent.
I'm not arguing against Bower's talent but............... but LaPorta is a beast and commands respect.

Tex

Laporta wasn't even the most highly regarded guy in his class Tex

Mahomes wasn't highly regarded in his class and I get generate a long list from nearly every draft class that great players was overlooked by scouts but.....

My issue is simple......

PFF
LaPorta delivered a rookie of the year performance in 2023 — which he was awarded for here — as not only the best rookie tight end in fantasy football but the best overall fantasy tight end as well. LaPorta appeared in all 16 games this season while his closest competitors, Travis Kelce and T.J. Hockenson, both missed one game each which helped give him the edge. That shouldn’t diminish what LaPorta was able to accomplish in Year 1, especially at a position that has historically not delivered much rookie fantasy production at all.

LaPorta posted seven top-five PPR finishes among tight ends, ultimately delivering 225.4 PPR fantasy points, which surpassed previously great rookie tight end performances of the last decade, including Kyle Pitts in 2021 (176.6) and Evan Engram in 2017 (173.6). LaPorta has instantly established himself as an elite fantasy option at the position going forward, setting the bar incredibly high in Year 1, which will hopefully only continue in the years to come.

LaPorta is closer to Baby Gronk than Pitts..............."talent wise"

Tex

PS I'm glad he wasn't highly regarded because it allowed me to draft him at 1.10 or 2.10 which ever pick i used lol.

From my post in the LaPorta thread:

I'm surprised this has not been posted: https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/george-kittle-impressed-with-sam-laporta

Kittle on LaPorta (they worked out together this offseason):

“When you train with someone, whether it’s in the weight room or running routes with them, things I look for is when you’re running, do you have a forward lean? Can you get out and you’re still accelerating through 10 yards? Or do you stand straight up and you look like a brick wall moving slowly? A lot of people look like that, so he’s got a nice forward lean, and he’s got great hips, if we’re being honest.”

Coach Ben Johnson:
“As a coaching staff, we’re very much, you need to earn your stripes. So you saw in the spring time, he got minimal work with the first time. He’s earned the right now to be in that first team huddle with Jared and the offensive line. He’s proven that over the course of the spring time and the work that he’s put in.”

Dan Campbell:
“To have LaPorta and somebody like Gibbs who hopefully develop – it does, and I think it’s – in some sense, it’s a quarterback’s best friend. When you have a halfback and a tight end that can win for you, I just think that, usually the throws are a little bit easier. They’re bigger targets or there’s a lot of separation depending on athlete versus athlete. So, yeah, I think that’s a fair assessment, and certainly, we’re always going to run the ball. I mean, that’s what it starts with, with us. Our foundation is built off of our offensive line. It always will be, and then we work from the ground up from there.”

Also, he posted elite athletic numbers at the combine with Freak, Agility, and Explosion scores all above the 85th percentile. This combination of athleticism and production gave him BSS comps that include last year’s trendy TEs, Greg Dulcich and Trey McBride, plus Aaron Hernandez, one of the biggest instant-impact TEs of the last couple decades.

Tex

Last edited:
Austin Abbott

- 1st in receiving YAC

College Profile:

Highschool metrics:

I'm not arguing against Bower's talent but............... but LaPorta is a beast and commands respect.

Tex

And I think everyone on earth respects LaPorta in the NFL. He's a stud.

Coming out of college it's a literal no contest. Pitts and Bowers are and were ranked miles ahead of LaPorta.

Are we gonna argue that Puca was the best talent coming out of college in 2023?

Goes without saying, but landing spot is going to be very critical for his fantasy prospects. I see several mocks to the Chargers, which seems an excellent spot given an aging Keenan Allen, ineffective QJ and injured Mike Williams (assuming they keep him around).

Users who are viewing this thread