What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Brian Thomas Jr., JAX (1 Viewer)

@Steelersdepot
Dane Brugler says he has heard the Steelers love LSU’s WR Brian Thomas: “This might be his floor. If he doesn't go off the board before 20, I do think this might be the floor for him. I've heard they love Brian Thomas. Everyone wants them to take another character faller on Day 2. My impression of the Steelers is that they're... kind of sick of that. Understandably so based on the last few seasons. I think they'd love to just hit a homerun with a guy like Brian Thomas in the first round.” #Steelers #NFL

How many people have him a clear tier above WR5+ but still below MHJ, Nabers and Odunze? Evaluating what to do with the 11 pick in SF rookie draft, and whether I want to move up or down assuming the 8-9 players I expect to go above him to indeed go above him. If the majority don't see him as a clear standout above that 5-whatever WR tier then it makes shuffling down a spot or two more favourable

How many people have him a clear tier above WR5+
He's been in a tier by himself for me as WR4 since January.

In FFPC SF startups he's only rookie drafted between 52-80. He's going as rookie9, player 68 and the next WR is Worthy going as player 84.

Unless he lands with the Bills I do think he could fall another spot or two with some strong RB landing spots, as is just Benson is drafted ahead of him, maybe get one more in the mix. But that 9-10 range seems likely, maybe he lands with the Steelers and he's sitting there at 11 for you but if you can move up 1-2 spots without paying a ton for it I would.

@Steelersdepot
Dane Brugler says he has heard the Steelers love LSU’s WR Brian Thomas: “This might be his floor. If he doesn't go off the board before 20, I do think this might be the floor for him. I've heard they love Brian Thomas. Everyone wants them to take another character faller on Day 2. My impression of the Steelers is that they're... kind of sick of that. Understandably so based on the last few seasons. I think they'd love to just hit a homerun with a guy like Brian Thomas in the first round.” #Steelers #NFL
This plus Harmon and I might be ok taking him at 1.2 in my devy league. Sorry for meing.:-)

The big unknown with Thomas is if he can expand his route tree and be an elite route runner at the next level.

He comes with some risk IMHO, but generally I like the risk/reward profile so I'm probably a buyer but he's no slam dunk. If he goes to a less than ideal situation I could see myself passing on him.

How many people have him a clear tier above WR5+ but still below MHJ, Nabers and Odunze? Evaluating what to do with the 11 pick in SF rookie draft, and whether I want to move up or down assuming the 8-9 players I expect to go above him to indeed go above him. If the majority don't see him as a clear standout above that 5-whatever WR tier then it makes shuffling down a spot or two more favourable

To me, landing spot is everything...I could see myself moving a player like Pearsall above Thomas if Pearsall were to land in a superior situation.

For example, Pearsall to KC and Thomas to Carolina...I'd likely have Pearsall higher.

To me, landing spot is everything...I could see myself moving a player like Pearsall above Thomas if Pearsall were to land in a superior situation.

For example, Pearsall to KC and Thomas to Carolina...I'd likely have Pearsall higher.
I used to be one of those talent above all. Situation matters, how many have Olove ranked high and what really has he done? Two season of numbers that are easy to replace.

I used to be one of those talent above all. Situation matters, how many have Olove ranked high and what really has he done? Two season of numbers that are easy to replace.

I edited my comment....in this particular situation, I believe landing spot is very important. I don't always weight landing spot this much.

Cheers, this is the sort of thing I'm after, if landing spot might be all it takes for some to drag him down then I'm more likely to not trade up - that said, that is in a position where I have an extremely strong WR group right now, have players that I'm a bit higher on than most in that typical 11-15 range, and some of what I've read in this thread comes as somewhat of a red flag when it comes to the types of WR I typically draft. That said on the last point, I do kind of think Thomas has more chance than most to correct that issue, and I am in the position where I have the time to wait and wouldn't need him to do things from day one. Not as if we need to wait long for the landing spot question to be resolved in any case

He is the type of receiver I used to love. I had to check my bias. He’s the receiver I’ve had to look into more and I’m still not sure. I might draft him and trade him before seeing him on the field. If he hits it’s a home run.

Listening to Brian Kelly talk like there isn't a big difference between he and Nabers was interesting.
I know I know college coaches gush but I still enjoyed it

Listening to Brian Kelly talk like there isn't a big difference between he and Nabers was interesting.
We watched them both play. There is clearly a substantial difference right now.

Maybe he meant developmentally they can get to the same level, but they are, to anyone who watched, obviously not at the same level right now.

We watched them both play. There is clearly a substantial difference right now.

Maybe he meant developmentally they can get to the same level, but they are, to anyone who watched, obviously not at the same level right now.
He's proud. He's something like a dad gushing that his son caught the biggest fish ever but it was six inches long; and it's just as expected when the dad or coach talks.

I remember his Combine interview which was very detailed w flaws/issues his players improved upon and a way more sincere evaluation.

This is fishing story time. The most important thing to remember is not every player is afforded that. You had to bust your tail and give a team your all for a coach to have this happy for them sadness.

I don't usually hear these about a WR and I sure don't about a diva. Thomas must have been ...ya know some high effort yes coach hustle guy

Users who are viewing this thread