What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Malik Nabers, NYG (3 Viewers)

Jordan Reid
#LSU WR Malik Nabers

One of my favorite players in this class. More explosive than fireworks.

Matt Waldman
Can we just call Malik Nabers Malik Quick?

This may look pedestrian to some but the footwork, pacing, angles, mobility, attack, and vision are all on display.

#LSU #NFLDraft

Joe O’Leary
I remember having Malik Nabers as my WR2 when it wasn't the cool thing to do over a year ago

Honestly WR2 feels like a slight to Nabers he's THAT good

@Mike Forcella
Malik Nabers should be viewed as 1b to Marvin Harrison 1a. Nabers would be the WR1 PROSPECT in the 2023, 2022, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016 draft classes. Some team is going to get an elite WR1 at a good discount

Austin Abbott
Malik Nabers is going to be an absolute DAWG in the NFL fellas.

Where I currently rank Nabers:
- 1.02 in Dynasty Rookie Draft’s (1QB)
- 1.03 in Dynasty Rookie Draft’s (SF)
- WR15 in my Dynasty Rankings

Draft Eligible: 2024
College: LSU
Height: 6'0
Weight: 200 lbs
College Production: 86 rec, 1,546 yards and 14 TD's
Projected Draft Capital: Early 1st round

Understands how to dominate zone coverage, Malik Nabers is blatantly physical and evasive. He would be the CLEAR WR1 in nearly every class over the past decade.

No, I'm not overhyping him. Malik Nabers is the TRUTH.

Last edited:
A rare, not so glowing report on Nabers.
He makes SOME valid points, but I still disagree overall.

Thoughts?

read here
Interesting, maybe some Jamo to him? Though I am not sure he quite has the wheels Jamo has. If Nabers isn't an elite prospect, that's another big dent to this class,

Thoughts?

read here
Interesting, maybe some Jamo to him? Though I am not sure he quite has the wheels Jamo has. If Nabers isn't an elite prospect, that's another big dent to this class,

I legitimately have Nabers and Harrison tied as the #1 WR for this class right now. Still not able to put Nabers ahead, and I may not... But I legitimately (aside from name pedigree) don't see a difference between their overall talent.

I think Nabers is a lot closer to Harrison than people think. Harrison is elite, no doubt, but Nabers gives me some young OBJ vibes.
Can’t remember the source but read somewhere Harrison is generational could play in any decade and be great. Nabers is built specifically for this generation of the NFL.

Thoughts?

read here

I legitimately have Nabers and Harrison tied as the #1 WR for this class right now. Still not able to put Nabers ahead, and I may not... But I legitimately (aside from name pedigree) don't see a difference between their overall talent.
I haven't seen enough Nabers to really compare but Marvin has all the skills you want in a WR plus he has the length/size Nabers doesn't. I could see this being similar to last year though where everyone was falling over themselves labeling Bijan the lord and savior when it now looks like the reality is if someone took Gibbs over Bijan, that would have been a totally reasonable decision.

I think Nabers is a lot closer to Harrison than people think. Harrison is elite, no doubt, but Nabers gives me some young OBJ vibes.
Can’t remember the source but read somewhere Harrison is generational could play in any decade and be great. Nabers is built specifically for this generation of the NFL.
Interesting and I can see that. Good thing for Nabers is that's the 1992 San Diego Chargers can't draft him.

Matt Harmon
I’m ready for draft season because I’m charting Malik Nabers and watching him throttle down on curl routes to separate against man coverage is bringing me intense joy.

Nick Martin
Catch technique and tracking are also ridiculous. Has some of the craziest acceleration I've seen too. Gets to top end speed in a blink, but can stop on a dime as well. He's just....he's ridiculous.

Matt Harmon
you are so right, how fast he eats up ground is super impressive to me as well

Nick Martin
Another thing that really gets me is how QB friendly he is. He knows how to adjust his routes around zone leverage, he's good at widening his route to create space and he's always coming back to attack the ball. It's the details of his play that just get me so fired up.

This is the same Daniel Kelly who has repeatedly trashed Micah Parsons as a player. Are there holes in Parsons game? Maybe. But he's one of the most impactful pass rushers in the game and Kelly has repeatedly trashed him because he won't adjust priors. Careful taking him with anything but a grain of salt.

Daniel Kelly
I don't know anything about him but have read the latest flurry of analyses he's done on players and it feels very 'hot takey'. It's not just that he has some opinions that differ from the consensus either, it just reads like someone trying to go against the grain and setting themselves up to be able to celebrate their opinion with the benefit of hindsight.

This is the same Daniel Kelly who has repeatedly trashed Micah Parsons as a player. Are there holes in Parsons game? Maybe. But he's one of the most impactful pass rushers in the game and Kelly has repeatedly trashed him because he won't adjust priors. Careful taking him with anything but a grain of salt.
it’s not to take as a grain of salt, but as an additional tool in your draft tactical toolbox. Nothing more, nothing less.

it just reads like someone trying to go against the grain and setting themselves up to be able to celebrate their opinion with the benefit of hindsight.

He's got some real misses too, e.g., Parsons as mentioned. There seemed to be almost a personal animus that he had with the guy. I thought it was satire at first, but he really meant it. And has kept it up.

but as an additional tool in your draft tactical toolbox. Nothing more, nothing less.

When the additional tool comes from a hot take machine, one wonders whether it serves the useful function of a tool we can use rather than just being a tool in the colloquial sense.
I think fantasy players are easy to dismiss opinions they don’t like and I think that is a mistake. I’m not saying to accept it as fact, but don’t dismiss them either. Just another piece of information to consider.

I think fantasy players are easy to dismiss opinions they don’t like and I think that is a mistake. I’m not saying to accept it as fact, but don’t dismiss them either. Just another piece of information to consider.

Nope. I don't even know what to say about Nabers. At all. All I'm telling you is that the source of that article needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Let's say this. When Faust posts something, people assume it's written by somebody in a position of knowledge or authority. And we read it as such. I'm here to tell you that the person's authority and knowledge might be suspect at best. He's prone to characterizing guys as "low-effort" guys, sometimes wrongly. Consider my questioning his authority also a tool for the toolbelt.

This is no way knocks Faust, by the way. It's just that Daniel Kelly sounds like he has an axe to grind with guys and people should know that.

Nope. I don't even know what to say about Nabers. At all. All I'm telling you is that the source of that article needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Let's say this. When Faust posts something, people assume it's written by somebody in a position of knowledge or authority. And we read it as such. I'm here to tell you that the person's authority and knowledge might be suspect at best. He's prone to characterizing guys as "low-effort" guys, sometimes wrongly. Consider my questioning his authority also a tool for the toolbelt.

This is no way knocks Faust, by the way. It's just that Daniel Kelly sounds like he has an axe to grind with guys and people should know that.
Yes, I believe I insinuated to consider the source, but not to automatically dismiss the information because of the source.

but as an additional tool in your draft tactical toolbox. Nothing more, nothing less.

When the additional tool comes from a hot take machine, one wonders whether it serves the useful function of a tool we can use rather than just being a tool in the colloquial sense.
I agree, except his "information" is "He leaves me with an unsettled feeling in my gut" about lacking concentration which he emphasizes does not result in drops... just less dynamic? A WR who amassed 89/1569/14? My own gut tells me that's dynamic enough.

I agree, except his "information" is "He leaves me with an unsettled feeling in my gut" about lacking concentration which he emphasizes does not result in drops... just less dynamic? A WR who amassed 89/1569/14? My own gut tells me that's dynamic enough.
Then use it for your purpose, but never totally dismiss information because you don’t like the source.

The guy just gave a 3rd round grade (AND SAID HE'D BE A GAMBLE THERE) to Brian Thomas Jr here: https://firstroundmock.com/2024/01/brian-thomas-jr-third-round-gamble/

Maybe he just hates LSU?

Then use it for your purpose, but never totally dismiss information because you don’t like the source.

If a source is unreliable or his reasoning is fallacious, you're more than free to dismiss any purported information he offers. That's a ludicrous statement. You take it as authority when somebody discredited starts pushing forth known misinformation? Just because somebody has an internet platform we're instructed not to totally dismiss information based upon knowledge and practice? That's a bridge too far. It's a logical fallacy that we can't determine for ourselves what sources should and shouldn't be accredited, especially when that source has been wrong about the same or similar items in the past.

That's awfully deferential and weird to say otherwise.

Look, for all I know Daniel Kelly might be a savant beyond his dispensed knowledge. All I know was I've read takes by him and thought it was a satire of a former scout. I'm serious when I say that. I thought it was an internet ruse.

This is not, by the way, Daniel Kelly of former SB Nation Field Gulls fame. That guy is and was legit. I'll bet he's unhappy he shares an unfortunate namesake.

The guy just gave a 3rd round grade (AND SAID HE'D BE A GAMBLE THERE) to Brian Thomas Jr here: https://firstroundmock.com/2024/01/brian-thomas-jr-third-round-gamble/

Maybe he just hates LSU?

:lol: 3rd round grade... jesus H.

I know Thomas has run limited routes in college, but he's still a 1st round talent, and in the right situation, will be a baller in the NFL.

If a source is unreliable or his reasoning is fallacious, you're more than free to dismiss any purported information he offers. That's a ludicrous statement. You take it as authority when somebody discredited starts pushing forth known misinformation? Just because somebody has an internet platform we're instructed not to totally dismiss information based upon knowledge and practice? That's a bridge too far. It's a logical fallacy that we can't determine for ourselves what sources should and shouldn't be accredited, especially when that source has been wrong about the same or similar items in the past.

That's awfully deferential and weird.
I suppose it boils down to is there any validity to his criticism of Nabers. If you don’t feel there is, then ignore, otherwise take an extended look.

I suppose it boils down to is there any validity to his criticism of Nabers. If you don’t feel there is, then ignore, otherwise take an extended look.

Surprisingly, I would argue to take an extended look, but I would be issuing a caveat before one does so. I wouldn't let this guy alone shape your opinion about Nabers. I mean, he might be right. Broken clocks are right twice a day, but we generally pay them no mind nor do we accept their proclamations as true without verification.

Surprisingly, I would argue to take an extended look, but I would be issuing a caveat before one does so. I wouldn't let this guy alone shape your opinion about Nabers. I mean, he might be right. Broken clocks are right twice a day, but we generally pay them no mind nor do we accept their proclamations as true without verification.
Of course don’t let this one guy form your opinion. I thought I was clear on, but don’t ignore it either. The more information you have the better decision you can make.

@rockaction

Daniel Kelly wrote the following in his Marvin Harrison Jr. analysis:

Keep in mind, I’m not doing this for clicks. My end game is to get back into the NFL.

He has an agenda to be clear. Writing safe takes does not serve this goal, he needs to take a few bold swings and be correct with enough of those takes to make a case that he warrants getting back in with an NFL team.

Last edited:
And is deliberately going against the grain in order to crow about the misses you called, that most others didn't, actually serving that goal?

Writing safe takes does serve this goal

does [not] serve this goal? Are you missing a "not" there? I'm trying to interpret from the rest of the context of your sentence. It sounds like you're saying that safe takes don't serve his goal, which is to write enough off-the-beaten-path takes to get back with a team.

Which leads me to the question: Why is he not with a team if he wants to be? Doesn't that say something?

Good catch. I was writing and posting from my iPad again, and I intended to say that safe takes does not serve his agenda. I have made the edit with the correction.

Just read a bunch of articles by this guy and contrary to the above suggestions, I am going to discount his advice completely. He definitely goes negatively against the grain but I haven't found yet an instance where he goes positively against the grain. Like, ok, if you hate Marvin Harrison and Malik Nabers, and Brian Thomas, ok, tell me who you like better than the rest of the experts.

I remember him from last year when he was saying Gibbs was a late second round role player.

Just read a bunch of articles by this guy and contrary to the above suggestions, I am going to discount his advice completely. He definitely goes negatively against the grain but I haven't found yet an instance where he goes positively against the grain. Like, ok, if you hate Marvin Harrison and Malik Nabers, and Brian Thomas, ok, tell me who you like better than the rest of the experts.
Spencer Rattler is his #1 QB in the class and he considers Joe Milton a first round pick.

Spencer Rattler is his #1 QB in the class and he considers Joe Milton a first round pick.
I also found that he likes Rome Odunze as well. Personally, Odunze better be really good at catching contested balls because I don't think he will be open in the pros. That's enough to know that my opinions will differ greatly with Mr. Kelly. Spencer Rattler and Joe Milton are just cherries on top.

Hi, a little bit about me. My short term goal is to become a clickbait contrarian media personality as the logical stepping stone to my longer term goal: being the most important decision maker and talent evaluator on a team worth 7 billion dollars. They told me it was impossible but I believe in my dreams.

Dream big Daniel Kelly. Dream big.

Hi, a little bit about me. My short term goal is to become a clickbait contrarian media personality as the logical stepping stone to my longer term goal: being the most important decision maker and talent evaluator on a team worth 7 billion dollars. They told me it was impossible but I believe in my dreams.

We’re talking about him though aren’t we?!

We’re talking about him though aren’t we?!
Yes, but unfortunately its in the Malik Nabers thread. Can we start a Daniel Kelly thread?

Users who are viewing this thread