What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dodds on the clock at 5.02 FanEx FAD (1 Viewer)

I like the pick a lot. My initial post advocated grabbing a third RB, or Toomer. I would have prioritized RB, too, while there were still SOME decent options left and while you had the pick of what was there (rather than being forced uinto an even WORSE RB3 situation). Pittman might emerge as Gruden's version of Charlie Garner, and my guess is that on some weeks he WILL be Charlie Garner. I think you have two good RB1s in this reception friendly format, and PIttman is an RB3 who may perform like an RB2. I'm still not 100% comfortable with your RB corps because if Taylor is gone by week 3 or the preseason, your season is likely hurting. I still advocate using a roster spot on Toefield - not insuring your #1 RB, who's propensity for injury has become almost a joke in the FF world would, IMO, be too much of a gamble.I have three questions for you, Dave: Are you going to carry 4, or 5, RBs?Are you considering Alstott to complement Pittman for RB4?Are you considering another RB in the next few picks - maybe Emmitt at 5.12 - to help shore up your backup RB corps? If Emmitt falls I don't see how you pass on him - Pittman and Emmit together make a formidable RB3 package to pair with your two RB1. And then you still have your 6.01, 6.03, and 6.09, to grab WRs.

Haven't read a lot of the replies, but my top considerations would be Toomer, Booker (has anyone even mentioned him yet??), and Hearst, probably in that order. Hearst is of course riskier...

Haven't read a lot of the replies, but my top considerations would be Toomer, Booker (has anyone even mentioned him yet??), and Hearst, probably in that order. Hearst is of course riskier...
I'd kinda agree with Bigred except in reverse order. If any of those 3 fall to your next pick I'd have to go Hearst, Booker, & Toomer (in that order).

WR Toomer goes at 5.03 immediately after Dodds 5.02 Pittman pick........

WR Driver goes at 5.04

WR chad johnson at 5.05

Dodds upcoming picks:

I'd strongly consider Alstott and the best WR on the board. You know that Alstott is going to have his goal-line games, his 4th Qtr pound them and kill the clock games, ALONG with the occasional break out games.........Especially since the Def is still intact.

Note that with the 6.02 pick, Del Pilar WON'T be looking QB so Dodds should NOT select a QB at 5.12 OR 6.01

Del Pilar | Bonini

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Barlow, Kevan SFO RB

Davis, Stephen CAR RB

Owens, Terrell SFO WR

6.03...........Dodds will get his QB here (if not, he goes WR)

6.09 (Note: Kellog at 6.07 & 6.10 will go WR, WR)

7.04.......starts adding value WRs here

Last edited by a moderator:
Toomer goes at 5.03 immediately after Dodds 5.02 Pittman pick........

Dodds upcoming picks:

I'd strongly consider Alstott and the best WR on the board. You know that Alstott is going to have his goal-line games, his 4th Qtr pound them and kill the clock games, ALONG with the occasional break out games.........Especially since the Def is still intact.

Note that with the 6.02 pick, Del Pilar WON'T be looking QB so Dodds should NOT select a QB at 5.12 OR 6.01

Del Pilar | Bonini

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Barlow, Kevan SFO RB

Davis, Stephen CAR RB

Owens, Terrell SFO WR

6.03...........Dodds will get his QB here (if not, he goes WR)

6.09 (Note: Kellog at 6.07 & 6.10 will go WR, WR)

7.04.......starts adding value WRs here

5.12/6.01 - I agree he should look at a viable RB4 and the best WRs available. I would consider 2 WRs here if two look real good. WRs will start flying off the board this round, so value at the turn, with two picks in a row, is the key.6.03 - again value, and since WR value will be similar here to the picks at the turn, I think Dodds should go 2 WRs and a viable RB4 or a good QB option (any of Trent Green, Brett Favre, or Drew Bledsoe, if available) with these three picks.

6.09 - look for another solid WR or a solid QB with upside to add to the QBBC - I don't have FedEx access through my work network to see who is still available, but I like Matt Hasselbeck or Patrick Ramsey if available since lineups are not a concern. With these 4 picks so close together, Dave needs to build a corps of WRs - 3 should be chosen - and get either a starting QB or a RB4.

7.04 - build on the QBBC or WR corps by reaching for a guy with upside. By this pick, Dave needs 3 WRs and at least 1 QB for a QBBC.

At the turn with 7.12/8.01, he needs to round out the WR corps (needs 5 good ones by the time he's done) and QBBC (probably needs to carry 3 good QBs) and then start to fill out the rest of the lineup. A good TE option shoudl still be available - Crumpler, McMichael, Shannon Sharpe all work.

I have three questions for you, Dave: Are you going to carry 4, or 5, RBs?Are you considering Alstott to complement Pittman for RB4?Are you considering another RB in the next few picks - maybe Emmitt at 5.12 - to help shore up your backup RB corps? If Emmitt falls I don't see how you pass on him - Pittman and Emmit together make a formidable RB3 package to pair with your two RB1. And then you still have your 6.01, 6.03, and 6.09, to grab WRs.
Q1. Looking to carry 4 RBsQ2. I am considering Alstott as a possible RB, but won't be overpaying for RB #4Q3. When I took Pittman at 5.02 I almost chose Emmitt there so if he is available at 5.12 I would probably have a hard time passing on him even though I am concentrating on getting WRs and QBs soon.

Q3. When I took Pittman at 5.02 I almost chose Emmitt there so if he is available at 5.12 I would probably have a hard time passing on him even though I am concentrating on getting WRs and QBs soon.
I think you should take a RB4 and a QB1 with your next two picks. Their are so many good WR's left, so it would be smart to wait. I would also consider trading up to try and get Brooks. He is way above any of the QB's left, IMO.

Well Mr. Dodds has 3 of 4 picks after the next 6 are made and only Del Pilar Bonini has 2 in that span.So it's pretty safe to say 1-2 QB's will be taken 4-5 WR's and 1-2 RB's.Holm - QB or WRHulett - WRHansen - WRKadlec - QB or WR or RB (my guess is RB)Cahill - RBDel Pilar Bonini (2 picks) - WR and RB (no idea what order - since he knows David has 3 of the next 4)Of course, any trades could still be made.You had to take a RB with your last pick, or you risked everyone else having 3 RB's before you and nothing left to choose from at the position.

I have three questions for you, Dave: Are you going to carry 4, or 5, RBs?Are you considering Alstott to complement Pittman for RB4?Are you considering another RB in the next few picks - maybe Emmitt at 5.12 - to help shore up your backup RB corps? If Emmitt falls I don't see how you pass on him - Pittman and Emmit together make a formidable RB3 package to pair with your two RB1. And then you still have your 6.01, 6.03, and 6.09, to grab WRs.
Q1. Looking to carry 4 RBsQ2. I am considering Alstott as a possible RB, but won't be overpaying for RB #4Q3. When I took Pittman at 5.02 I almost chose Emmitt there so if he is available at 5.12 I would probably have a hard time passing on him even though I am concentrating on getting WRs and QBs soon.
Tough call where to take your RB4, but I agree with grabbing Smith at 5.12 if he's there - tough call again on what happens to your season if Taylor is injured. I might consider carrying 4 with Toefield being #4, but it's hard to pass on a guy who will for sure play this year, like Alstott and/or Emmitt. The more I look at Pittman, the more I like the pick - you have three very capable backs who could each get near 50 receptions and over 4-500 yards receiving for you this year. I'd like to see a POD or Faceoff piece on Pittman soon - I don't expect big things from him, but if he comes through after another year under Gruden, he could vastly exceed his draft position.Assuming Emmitt's gone, I have a feeling Mr. Dodds will be going WR-WR at the turn, QB, WR, and then QB/WR at the next turn. I do the guest analysis on pick 6.08, so I will be looking closely at the picks you make from 6.04 down to see if anyone else catches on to what you are looking at and thwarts you at 6.08.

Users who are viewing this thread