What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Waiver Monitor List (1 Viewer)

socrates

Footballguy
QB: If you are in a Superflex league, there are likely few, if any, QB candidates on your waiver wire. However, in start-1-QB leagues, there may be some deep talent to monitor. Las Vegas rookie Aiden O’Connell has some future starter qualities to him, and Jimmy Garoppolo has had his share of missed games and probably isn't the long-term answer for the Raiders. Hoyer is a journeyman and knows the offense, but he is merely serviceable. Detroit is flying high with Jared Goff, but Hendon Hooker was drafted as his eventual replacement. I like what the Lions are building under GM Brad Holmes and HC Dan Campbell, and Hooker would be a nice future dynasty addition, especially if you can stash him on your IR. The backup to Tannehill in Tennessee is still uncertain, but both Malik Willis and Will Levis have some dynasty appeal. Willis looked awful last season, but he appeared to have taken a big step forward this preseason, and his added value as a runner makes him intriguing. Speaking of looking awful last season, Zach Wilson :bag: now carries a clipboard for Aaron Rodgers. If he can mature both on and off the field, he could use this time to develop. He is still worth a dynasty watch.

RB: Jaleel McLaughlin stirred up some excitement this preseason in Denver, but he is not only undersized but buried behind both Javonte Williams and Samaje Perine. Still, Sean Payton knows how to use a utility back with receiving skills and a knack for finding open running lanes. If you missed out on Deuce Vaughn in your rookie draft, you might be able to grab a less expensive version of him off of your waiver wire in McLaughlin. I have grabbed him everywhere I can. While we are talking about undersized backs in the AFC West, Elijah Dotson did his best Austin Ekeler impersonation this preseason. He lacks the inside pop and receiving skills of Ekeler, but this is a pretty mediocre depth chart behind Ekeler, so the explosive undrafted rookie is worth watching. Keontay Ingram had a pretty rough rookie season, but he is the primary reserve behind oft-injured James Conner, and he has the profile to be a three-down back. I compared him to Kerryon Johnson coming into the league, and that isn’t especially exciting, but at RB, opportunity is key. Justice Hill is a perennial addition to this list, but injuries continue to derail his career. He is behind both Dobbins and Edwards in Baltimore, but he could get some use as a third-down back and injury replacement. Pierre Strong, Jr. struggled to make the transition to the NFL, but he has the physical profile of an NFL back. He will compete with Jerome Ford for scraps behind Chubb. If either Ford or Strong is hanging out there on your waiver wire, make note. This offense will support more than one back. The last time I recommended a Rico in Dallas (TE Rico Gathers), it did not end well, but Rico Dowdle finds himself as the RB2 behind Pollard. This is not a dynasty move, but at some point this season, Dowdle may be a waiver wire darling, so he deserves mention here. Emanuel Wilson was the league’s leading rusher this preseason for Green Bay. He will likely get little, if any, work behind Jones and Dillon, but he warrants monitoring. Nothing more. Kyren Williams battled injuries as a rookie, but he is positioned to get some work as Akers’ primary reserve, and he could be featured on passing downs. He is likely rostered in most leagues, but if an impatient dynasty manager cut him loose, he could be a nice PPR addition. Israel Abanikanda underwhelmed this preseason, and he is buried behind Hall and Cook (and Carter), but he remains a good dynasty stash, if you have a deep bench. Jordan Mason is similarly buried on the Niners’ roster, but he is another player who could wind up being a difference-maker at some point this season. Put him near the top of your watch list. He is a talented back in a good offense, and both CMC and Mitchell have had their share of injuries. Finally, Chris Rodriguez looks like a capable Brian Robinson replacement in this offense if called upon. Antonio Gibson will continue to have a role, and we will need to see how the offense evolves under new OC Eric Bienemy, but Rodriguez is another name to add to your watch list.

I will try to add some Dynasty Watch candidates for WR and TE later . . .

Who have you got on your Dynasty Watch List?

Cole Turner, TE Commanders. Logan Thomas is old and seemingly injured a lot. Coaching staff has talked up Turner a bit.
Eric Bienemy comes from the KC coaching tree, where he used the TE heavily. Great call.
Yup, I grabbed a ton of Logan Thomas in best ball formats... where, if healthy, could be a steal.

But in dynasty formats, Turner makes way more sense. John Bates is still there, too, though... but may profile more as the blocking TE.

I didn't add a Dynasty Watch List for WR and TE in the preseason, so I figured I would throw a few names out there now:

WR: We have seen several small receivers making a mark. (Zay Flowers has made some noise, and I might consider him a buy-low target. Tank Dell is out-performing most people's expectations.) Demario Douglas is also getting in on the action, with 14 receptions on 20 targets over the last three weeks for the receiver-thin Patriots. In PPR formats, there is value in those targets, even if they are not producing TDs. Another diminutive receiver to watch is Calvin Austin III. He started the season with some optimism while Diontae Johnson was nursing a sore hammy. The talent is there, although I don't see an immediate expanded role for him in the Pittsburgh offense. Khalil Shakir has snared all 14 of his targets over the past three weeks. There is room in the Buffalo offense for a slot receiver to excel, especially with Knox out. Long-term, I like Shakir; he probably isn't on a lot of dynasty waiver wires, but if he is, buy. Chicago WR Tyler Scott is not making much noise, and he is probably on more than a few dynasty wires. He needs to be on your watchlist. Don't expect anything this season, but he has the talent to eventually emerge. In New Orleans, A.T. Perry could be groomed to eventually fill the Michael Thomas role. He has done nothing to date, and he is likely nothing more than a monitor candidate, but he flashed enough in the preseason to at least be a name to watch, if not a deep stash. Speaking of deep stashes, injuries could open up some opportunities for Kayshon Boutte :bag: in New England. I would be reluctant to drop anyone significant to stash Boutte, but if he was ever going to make his mark in the NFL, this may be his best opportunity. Finally, if you are looking for some real deep gems to mine for the future, take a look at rookie Jason Brownlee (NyJ), as well as a couple more rookies stashed on IR: Bryce Ford-Wheaton (NyG) and Parker Washington (Jac). None of these are going to help your team anytime soon, however.

TE: At TE, there may not be much immediate help on your waiver wire, and long-term value is difficult to project. Irv Smith, Jr. is returning to action. With injuries piling up in Cinci, he could benefit you immediately. Looking longer term, however, I don't know that we can trust Smith. Indy TE Jelani Woods is returning to his first action of the season after nursing a hamstring injury. If a dynasty owner has grown tired of carrying him, he is worth an add. Don't expect immediate returns, however. Isaiah Likely may have been tossed aside by a frustrated owner. He is likely to continue frustrating dynasty managers, but we have at least seen the talent on the field.

This time of year i try to stash rookies in good to great offenses. This week I grabbed a lot of shares of Andrei Iosivas, CIN. Don't love the 6th round pedigree but an athletic freak and elite QB. Doubt Higgins comes back next year and Boyd will be 29 (i think). Should get some snaps this week with the injuries to Chase and Wiggins. Caught 4 of 5 targets with 2TDs so far this year.

Israel Abanikanda underwhelmed this preseason

This is untrue. He ran well and then got a bit dinged. He's still somebody to look at as a handcuff to Hall.

This week I grabbed a lot of shares of Andrei Iosivas, CIN. Don't love the 6th round pedigree but an athletic freak and elite QB.

Many weeks ahead of you (I'm not bragging or putting a competition on it -- it just is -- heck, I even started his thread here) and he's been a priority hold on my roster even with the lack of draft capital. His athleticism is precisely the reason I've been holding. With Higgins out this weekend and Chase looking iffy, this might be a week to see what he can do should he be the one to get the call to produce. I know Trenton Irwin is also there with Boyd, but you wonder who else the Bengals could use, really.

I didn't add a Dynasty Watch List for WR and TE in the preseason, so I figured I would throw a few names out there now:

WR: We have seen several small receivers making a mark. (Zay Flowers has made some noise, and I might consider him a buy-low target. Tank Dell is out-performing most people's expectations.) Demario Douglas is also getting in on the action, with 14 receptions on 20 targets over the last three weeks for the receiver-thin Patriots. In PPR formats, there is value in those targets, even if they are not producing TDs. Another diminutive receiver to watch is Calvin Austin III. He started the season with some optimism while Diontae Johnson was nursing a sore hammy. The talent is there, although I don't see an immediate expanded role for him in the Pittsburgh offense. Khalil Shakir has snared all 14 of his targets over the past three weeks. There is room in the Buffalo offense for a slot receiver to excel, especially with Knox out. Long-term, I like Shakir; he probably isn't on a lot of dynasty waiver wires, but if he is, buy. Chicago WR Tyler Scott is not making much noise, and he is probably on more than a few dynasty wires. He needs to be on your watchlist. Don't expect anything this season, but he has the talent to eventually emerge. In New Orleans, A.T. Perry could be groomed to eventually fill the Michael Thomas role. He has done nothing to date, and he is likely nothing more than a monitor candidate, but he flashed enough in the preseason to at least be a name to watch, if not a deep stash. Speaking of deep stashes, injuries could open up some opportunities for Kayshon Boutte :bag: in New England. I would be reluctant to drop anyone significant to stash Boutte, but if he was ever going to make his mark in the NFL, this may be his best opportunity. Finally, if you are looking for some real deep gems to mine for the future, take a look at rookie Jason Brownlee (NyJ), as well as a couple more rookies stashed on IR: Bryce Ford-Wheaton (NyG) and Parker Washington (Jac). None of these are going to help your team anytime soon, however.

TE: At TE, there may not be much immediate help on your waiver wire, and long-term value is difficult to project. Irv Smith, Jr. is returning to action. With injuries piling up in Cinci, he could benefit you immediately. Looking longer term, however, I don't know that we can trust Smith. Indy TE Jelani Woods is returning to his first action of the season after nursing a hamstring injury. If a dynasty owner has grown tired of carrying him, he is worth an add. Don't expect immediate returns, however. Isaiah Likely may have been tossed aside by a frustrated owner. He is likely to continue frustrating dynasty managers, but we have at least seen the talent on the field.
Solid list, but has Woods 21 day window even opened yet? I do like him as an IR stash though.

I got one that is probably not on many radars. Emanuel Wilson for GB. Rookie RB who gets some burn when the game is over/had a big run to ice the game last week. Decent cuff now that GB got rid of Patrick. All that is in front of him is a injury prone Jones and a inefficient Dillon. Worth a lotto spot on big rosters.

John Metchie might be worth adding. Great young QB. Between recovering from cancer and a few nagging injuries, hasn't had a chance to play much. But his college production was outstanding.

John Metchie might be worth adding. Great young QB. Between recovering from cancer and a few nagging injuries, hasn't had a chance to play much. But his college production was outstanding.
I don't think he was all that great in college but he absolutely should be rostered in most dynasty leagues. He's in a good situation.

I got one that is probably not on many radars. Emanuel Wilson for GB. Rookie RB who gets some burn when the game is over/had a big run to ice the game last week. Decent cuff now that GB got rid of Patrick. All that is in front of him is a injury prone Jones and a inefficient Dillon. Worth a lotto spot on big rosters.
Thanks man, that is exactly the kind of guy I need. Adios Ryan Tannehill.

not HIggins outside role that Iosivas is more equipped to play.

By the way, thanks for your explanation about Higgins and the likelihood of the Bengals re-upping him. Very interesting. Puts a damper on Iosivas as a hold (I was never predicting greatness, but I was thinking there was a chance and that he was worth a roster spot over other guys).

By the way, thanks for your explanation about Higgins and the likelihood of the Bengals re-upping him. Very interesting. Puts a damper on Iosivas as a hold (I was never predicting greatness, but I was thinking there was a chance and that he was worth a roster spot over other guys).
I wonder what the odds are Higgints does stay with Cinci? I know they offered him an extension before the season and he declined.

I wonder what the odds are Higgints does stay with Cinci? I know they offered him an extension before the season and he declined.
Pretty much a lock he'll be back.

Only way they will let him reach the open market is if he suffers an significant injury that would impact his availability next season, like ACL or achilles.

Slim chance if things get rancorous they would do a tag and trade but he's not reaching the open market.

Pretty much a lock he'll be back.

Only way they will let him reach the open market is if he suffers an significant injury that would impact his availability next season, like ACL or achilles.

Slim chance if things get rancorous they would do a tag and trade but he's not reaching the open market.
Ok, good perspective. I wonder how his (so far) disappointing year does or doesn't impact his perceived value.

I highlighted him in the (mostly redraft) WW thread this week. Pack are going to realize it’s a lost season soon, A.J. is avg 3.5 & has one foot out the door. I could see Wilson supplanting him so they see what they got before the offseason begins.

He looked good juking future gym teachers & outrunning other 3rd/4th stringers in August, let’s see him more against real defenders. Had a nice end of game 31 yarder last weekend; had a nice decisive burst to him.

Users who are viewing this thread