What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Exploring trade offers after losing DJ....Help appreciated (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
I play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. Was pumped to get 1st draft selection this year only to see hopes dashed after week 1 but the season is long and now I need to be smartly aggressive in making moves via trade or waiver wire. We start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (WR/RB/TE), K, and DEF.  My roster now is as follows:

QB - Carson Palmer, Kirk Cousins, Philip Rivers

RB - Jay Ajayi, Theo Riddick, Derrick Henry, Thomas Rawls, James White, David Johnson

WR - Michael Thomas, Golden Tate, Stefon Diggs, Rishard Matthews

TE - Jimmy Graham

K - Blair Walsh

DEF - Streaming defenses (Cincinnati this week); Keeping an eye on Jacksonville and L.A. Rams on waiver wire

Was looking into some candidates to buy low on either by disappointing early season performance or just tough opening schedules. Below are two teams that I am keeping an eye on and trade scenarios:

Team 1: QB - Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton; RB - Ameer Abdullah, Jonathan Stewart, Doug Martin, Chris Carson, Tevin Coleman, Samaje Perine; WR - Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, DeVante Parker, Corey Coleman; TE - Delanie Walker; K - Chris Boswell; DEF - Oakland  (He only has 2 QBs on roster and both QBs have byes in Week 6)

Team 2: QB - Marcus Mariota, Matthew Stafford, Brian Hoyer; RB - Le'Veon Bell, C.J. Anderson, Rob Kelley, Joe Mixon; WR - Jordy Nelson, Tyreek Hill, Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams, Kenny Golladay; K - Dan Bailey; DEF - Arizona, Houston

Was considering offering Team 1: Carson Palmer and James White for Andy Dalton and Doug Martin (the further away from him starting to play the lesser his value probably is)

Was considering offering Team 2: Carson Palmer and Theo Riddick (or James White) for Brian Hoyer and Joe Mixon. I have to be careful in that Hoyer may not last the whole season (and somebody on another team actually drafted the backup, C.J. Beathard). Trevor Siemian, Mike Glennon, Josh McCown, and Jacoby Brissett/Scott Tolzien are the available QBs on waivers.

I am favored this week and don't feel like I "have" to make a move this week and am content to wait out Week 2 to see what might become available to me on waivers.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't want Mixon unless the Bengals really improve on offense. Like I guess you could just say that week 1 was a bad week but remember that the Bengals lost 2 key o-linemen in the offense. So it hard for me to envision them improving that much. I'd play Riddick/White as a low-end RB2/flex anyways. I also expect Rawls to be a potential RB2 fill in as well. 

I bought low on Martin in my drafts and I think that could be a good idea. Like with the above I'm not real high on Dalton rn but you'd have Rivers and Cousins so you'd be fine at QB. I'd dangle that trade offer. 

Users who are viewing this thread