What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA EMPIRE/Slow-auction-and-go league(Tim is invited) (1 Viewer)

BoltBacker

Footballguy
This is the slow time of year as we wait anxiously for training camps to open at the end of the month. Tim's traditional FF league thread has always been an interesting one every year.... but I would think the FFA might be ready for something a little more "advanced". I thought that thread always generated interesting discussion throughout the year and was hoping this thread might generate discussion over multi-year strategies.

How about a deep Empire/Dynasty league, Auction-and-go format so there is no "work" to do at the end of it and people can just go and play in their traditional leagues in September with no time commitment toward this league. Auction-and-go means you don't even have to set lineups because it's best-ball.

Make it winner take all and a very small buy-in($10) since the eventual winner will have to win the league two years in a row to actually collect his winnings. This may take two years, it may take 20 years.... I kind of love the fact we really have no idea how long this could go. The prize money would obviously be held in Fidelity or LeagueSafe or something similar. By keeping the entry very low it will be easy to replace owners each year even if it is a dynasty league. It's mostly about bragging rights anyway.

I was thinking 18 teams, total points, 46 man active rosters just like game day in the NFL(if FBG's can't compete in a deep league who can?). Keep in mind it's auction-and-go so there are no additions to your team once the season starts. Lineups like 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex(RB/WR), 1Flex(TE/WR) on offense. And 2DL, 2LB, 3DB on defense. Pretty simple. An 18 team league keeps demand for QB high like it should be and allows for a lot of folks to take part in the league.

Hopefully, some of the loud mouths like myself that have been expressing their opinions on the board for years and years will throw their hat into the ring. At $10 you can pretty much start collecting cans now and have the entry fee paid for before training camps open. You don't need to be paid like Otis's gardener to pull this type of cash together. 

Is anyone interested?

Thanks for the invite, but I'm not interested in an auction. I know a lot of people like that, but it's just not something I'm into.

I don't even think I can do my league this year, as it takes a few weeks and I'm gone from Aug 6 through the 20. 

Users who are viewing this thread