What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Top 200 Horror Movies of All Time: #1 - Alien (2 Viewers)

Couple that would have made my list for sure

Troll (1986)

In order to get his life back as a wizard, Torok the troll plans to take over an apartment building. His first step is to possess young Wendy Potter (Jennifer Beck). Her brother, Harry (Noah Hathaway), is the only one who suspects something is wrong. Fortunately, neighbor Eunice St. Clair (June Lockhart) is a witch and not only believes Harry but also agrees to help him. Meanwhile, as Torok, Wendy starts transforming other building tenants into mythical creatures, and only Harry can stop him.

I was like 7 when I saw this, was absolutely terrified of the basement for awhile. Not sure how well it holds up but was always one of my favorites as a kids

Troll 2 (1990)

When young Joshua (Michael Stephenson) learns that he will be going on vacation with his family to a small town called Nilbog, he protests adamantly. He is warned by the spirit of his deceased grandfather that goblins populate the town. His parents, Michael (George Hardy) and Diana (Margo Prey), dismiss his apprehensions, but soon learn to appreciate their son's warnings. Guided by his grandfather's ghost, will Joshua and his family stand a chance in fighting off these evil beings?

One of the worst movies ever made and in no way a sequel to Troll (they’re goblins FFS), but it’s one of the best worst movies. So cheesy and quotable

The best

Couple that would have made my list for sure

Troll (1986)

In order to get his life back as a wizard, Torok the troll plans to take over an apartment building. His first step is to possess young Wendy Potter (Jennifer Beck). Her brother, Harry (Noah Hathaway), is the only one who suspects something is wrong. Fortunately, neighbor Eunice St. Clair (June Lockhart) is a witch and not only believes Harry but also agrees to help him. Meanwhile, as Torok, Wendy starts transforming other building tenants into mythical creatures, and only Harry can stop him.

I was like 7 when I saw this, was absolutely terrified of the basement for awhile. Not sure how well it holds up but was always one of my favorites as a kids

Troll 2 (1990)

When young Joshua (Michael Stephenson) learns that he will be going on vacation with his family to a small town called Nilbog, he protests adamantly. He is warned by the spirit of his deceased grandfather that goblins populate the town. His parents, Michael (George Hardy) and Diana (Margo Prey), dismiss his apprehensions, but soon learn to appreciate their son's warnings. Guided by his grandfather's ghost, will Joshua and his family stand a chance in fighting off these evil beings?

One of the worst movies ever made and in no way a sequel to Troll (they’re goblins FFS), but it’s one of the best worst movies. So cheesy and quotable

The best

Couple of series I really enjoyed

Puppet Master (1989)

Assailed by nightmarish visions, Alex Whitaker (Paul Le Mat) and his fellow psychics descend on the Bodega Bay Inn. There, they discover that their compatriot Neil (Jimmie F. Scaggs) has apparently committed suicide. But, as the gruesome visions continue, they sense that there's still something sinister afoot. When they find themselves hunted by a band of homicidal marionettes created by twisted puppeteer Andre Toulon (William Hickey), they discover they're right.

I was like 10 when these came out, always thought they were cool. Im sure it looks dated as hell now but I liked them. Not sure where I stopped maybe 5, I swear there’s like 10 of them (not looking it up)

Critters (1986)

When strange fuzzy creatures from outer space arrive on a farm, the Brown family -- Jay (Billy Green Bush), Helen (Dee Wallace-Stone), their daughter, April (Nadine Van Der Velde), and their son, Brad (Scott Grimes) -- must fend off the malevolent little aliens. Two bounty hunters with superhuman abilities follow the aggressive beasts from beyond, but the warriors aren't terribly effective, leaving the Brown family to battle the fur balls and rescue April from their clutches all by themselves.

Like gremlins from space I guess. I’ve seen 4 of them if there’s more it’s news to me
Part 3 is Leo’s DiCaprio's film debut and 4 has Angela Basset in space

Oh man just found another you guys forgot. I’ll get to that later

Hint: Jennifer Aniston is in it
Epic series. They go into the hood and into space with that franchise.
Hellraiser and Friday the 13th did too.
I guess Fast and Furious did too

Hellraiser in the Hood sounds fun
Not quite that, but on the same track.

• Frederic March’s Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
First Academy award that went to the best actor from a horror movie. It was made pre-code so when it was
re-realized six years into the code, 8 minutes were chopped. Those missing 8 minutes have been restored.
When MGM bought the rights to make the version with Spencer Tracy, they (thought) that they bought every copy of the 1931 version starring March along with the 1921 silent versions and destroyed them but fortunately a few copies of the 1931 versions surfaced and were restored.
-----------------
I'm not a horror fan but noticed a glaring emission from the list.
LINK

First Academy award that went to the best actor from a horror movie. It was made pre-code so when it was
re-realized six years into the code, 8 minutes were chopped. Those missing 8 minutes have been restored.
When MGM bought the rights to make the version with Spencer Tracy, they (thought) that they bought every copy of the 1931 version starring March along with the 1921 silent versions and destroyed them but fortunately a few copies of the 1931 versions surfaced and were restored.
-----------------
LINK
I've seen these for a lot of films, this is probably the best I've seen.

-----------------
LINK
The effects on the March version are quite good

Notice how the top movies in our ranking -- Alien, The Thing, The Exorcist -- all rely on physical effects, not CGI.
Absolutely. I think CGI is great and many of the best movies (T2, Jurassic Park, Zodiac) rely heavily on it but they are using it to enhance the real physical world and practical effects. CGI needs to be grounded or it looks fake imo.
Correct. GCI should be used as an enhancement or accessory, not the main character.

Users who are viewing this thread