What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Plumbing Questions - Next Up: Whole Home Water Filtration (1 Viewer)

Ideal solution is just to put the water softener(WS) there and have a plumber come in and get in that wall and install a split that goes into WS and back into existing configuration.

If a WS cant even go there, he will have to run pipe to where you can put it. 

Thinking outside the box here, I do kind of wonder if just putting a softener on the hot would be enough to take care of your issues. My thought is that your fixtures would be getting flushed with soft water regularly. You can install the WS by yourself and just put it next to water heater. If it works, great. If it still seems you are getting deposits, then you can call and have the plumber come and install new piping and just use the WS that you already test drove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if you have mentioned this before, I am guessing based on that stuccoesque exterior and exposed shutoff valve you are in a warmer climate with no basements, right? 

Can you even put a water softener where the pipe splits in the wall? 
Yeah, we're in Florida.  So either way, to do it properly, they need to get into the wall where it splits, run a line out to the garage, through the softener, then back to the split OR, I attack it from the outside, run the main into the garage, through the softener, back out the house down to where it came into the house originally.  I'm not seeing another way.  Yes, we're on a slab.  

Yeah, we're in Florida.  So either way, to do it properly, they need to get into the wall where it splits, run a line out to the garage, through the softener, then back to the split OR, I attack it from the outside, run the main into the garage, through the softener, back out the house down to where it came into the house originally.  I'm not seeing another way.  Yes, we're on a slab.  
I'd go ahead and move at this point.

He would have figured that out. Plumbing is easy.
One of my bets friends is a Master Plumber and tells me this EVERY time I callh im voer to help me out. 

Thing is.. Ya it is, kinda... Once you know the basics, and if you're a fan of torching, soldering, feces, etc.

Man charges insane cash and ppl are all too happy to fork it over, for his services. But in the end, when you need a plumber, my god you need a plumber.

One of my bets friends is a Master Plumber and tells me this EVERY time I callh im voer to help me out. 

Thing is.. Ya it is, kinda... Once you know the basics, and if you're a fan of torching, soldering, feces, etc.

Man charges insane cash and ppl are all too happy to fork it over, for his services. But in the end, when you need a plumber, my god you need a plumber.
Lol well I was trying to make a joke on the beginning of the OP.

” Doesn’t seem too difficult”

Users who are viewing this thread