What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goedert? I am giving up to much? (1 Viewer)

sos32

Footballguy
Trying to upgrade my TE slot, waiting on Waller is killing me. Keep in mind this is a salary cap/Dynasty PPR league. So players have money values. These values are based on production and can be very high in our pre-draft free agent bidding.

Trying to snag Goerdert but his 1.7 salary (due to bid up) has me adding many players. He also has Freiermuth at half of what Goerdert is.

Currently offering Jeff Wilson Isiah Pacheco, OBJ, Marquise Goodwin amd Hayden Hurst for Goedert. He wants me to add either Hardman or Pickens. My gut is saying way too much.

Thoughts?

Current team
QB Mahomes, Pickett, Trubisky, Henne

RB CMC, Dameon Peirce, Rhamondre Stevenson, JK Dobbins, Tony Allgeier, Jeff Wilson, Kyren Williams, Pacheco, Zamir, Chubba, Patterson (on IR) need to clear cap to flip Dobbins on IR and him off after the minimum IR length (next Tuesday)

WR Chase, Waddle, Johnson, Higgins, Pickens, Hardman, OBJ, Shakir, Watkins, Reynolds, Goodwin

TE Waller, Hurst, Bellinger

PK Maher, Tucker, Butker

DT Bills, Broncos, Seahawks

*reason for so many PK and DT is to play matchups and they are free salary, adding them keeps them off other teams

PPR/Salary cap/Dynasty
TD=6pts
Reception=1pt
10yards receiving =1pt
10yards rushing =1pt

Starting requirements QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR), Flex (WR/TE), PK, DT

Last edited:
Current offer is

Wilson, Pacheco, OBJ, Shakir, Hurst, 2nd rounder and 4th rounder

For

Goedert

Trying to add Cowboys (Indy, Houston, Jax 😶) for Seahawks too

Last edited:
Are you required to start a Tight End? You didn't list it under starting requirements except under Flex. If you're not required to, I wouldn't do the trade. You're giving up a ton and you have enough rb/wr to handle the spot. Having said that, the people you are giving up probably aren't going to sway your season one way or the other this year with the possible exception of Wilson.

This answer is strictly based on the effect of the trade itself. I've never played in a Salary Cap league, so maybe the freeing up of salary is beneficial. Somebody else might address that.

You are giving up a ton with respect to quantity but you aren't really giving up anything of consequence. I do the deal if you have to start a TE. If you don't have to start a TE why are you bothering?

New roster, Bold are starter this week.

QB Mahomes, Pickett, Trubisky, Henne

RB CMC, Dameon Peirce, Rhamondre Stevenson, JK Dobbins, Tony Allgeier, Kyren Williams, Zamir, Chubba,
* Patterson (on IR) need to clear cap to flip Dobbins on IR and him off after the minimum IR length (next Tuesday)

WR Chase, Waddle, Johnson, Higgins, Pickens, Hardman, OBJ, Shakir, Watkins, Reynolds, Goodwin

TE Goedert, Waller, Bellinger

PK Maher, Tucker, Butker

DT Cowboys, Bills, Broncos

*Reason for so many PK and DT is to play matchups and they are free salary, adding them keeps them off other team rosters.

PPR/Salary cap/Dynasty
TD=6pts
Reception=1pt
10yards receiving =1pt
10yards rushing =1pt

Starting requirements QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR), Flex (WR/TE), PK, DT

You are giving up a ton with respect to quantity but you aren't really giving up anything of consequence. I do the deal if you have to start a TE. If you don't have to start a TE why are you bothering?
Typo, lol yup TE required. Deal was completed this morning and snagged the Cowboys DT also.

Users who are viewing this thread