What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Green Dot" IDP players (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We promised you we'd continue to elevate our IDP coverage. One cool feature our Gary Davenport came up with is trying to run down all the IDP players who have the "green dot" and are in communication with the coordinator by radio in the helmet. We're not sure how much effect it actually has, but I think it's an interesting tie breaker for making decisions lots of times.

Last edited:
Awesome. Very helpful, actually. Usually the "green dot" guys stay on the field for more downs because they're relaying the coach's signals and play calls to the other guys on the field.

Awesome. Very helpful, actually. Usually the "green dot" guys stay on the field for more downs because they're relaying the coach's signals and play calls to the other guys on the field.
Agreed. I use “green dot” as a tiebreaker when picking players.

It’s also how I scope out some sleepers year to year.

Last year it was Jordan Love, formerly of NYG. This year it’s Robert Spillane. If he inherits that green dot role, he could be the bew Perryman in that defense.

Also Kyzir White - I went after him in both my IDP leagues.

Extremely useful article, thanks @Joe Bryant!

Last year it was Jordan Love, formerly of NYG. This year it’s Robert Spillane. If he inherits that green dot role, he could be the bew Perryman in that defense.

Thanks GB. I too think it's interesting and I can see how folks would use it for a "tie breaker". Thanks for the good words.

Thanks GB. I too think it's interesting and I can see how folks would use it for a "tie breaker". Thanks for the good words.
Green dot = 3-down LB

Or S if a team designates a S as the green dot player.

In a league where the 3-down off ball LB is almost a dinosaur (especially after the long overdue IDP 'true position' for 4-3 and 3-4 edge rushers)... you can pretty much count on green dot players to play 100% of the snaps. THAT is why it is important to know...

Users who are viewing this thread