What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston Texans forever - Stefon Diggs acquired. Hot Diggity (1 Viewer)

I wonder how Diggs feels about this?
All this was to make him happy and motivated for the one season they paid a second and $22M for him.

Really surprised at the lengths the Texans took. Gave him a $3.5M raise, made him an UFA FA and even took Jimmie Wards jersey number from him. I mean that's kind of wow to me.

I wonder how Diggs feels about this?
All this was to make him happy and motivated for the one season they paid a second and $22M for him.

Really surprised at the lengths the Texans took. Gave him a $3.5M raise, made him an UFA FA and even took Jimmie Wards jersey number from him. I mean that's kind of wow to me.
I am onboard now.

I hated the trade before, I hope diggs blows up and then goes to Tennessee next year on an expensive long term deal.

Win win win

I have to assume he is going to be late first round now in best ball.

The comp pick thing is a red herring. Who cares about a 2026 comp pick that would be determined by his 2025 FA deal, and whoever HOU signs. And HOU will have money next year, so most likely, it's canceled out.

I can see a world where Diggs plays well for HOU, and doesn't get a deal bigger than 18 mill a year, and goes back to HOU cheaper. He will be 31 next year, who is giving him 3/60 at that age?

And he will have already played in HOU for a year. If he likes it there, most likely he'll want to stay.

I think Diggs playing well, and resigning in HOU is very possible

“Updating a previous report, Houston Texans WR Stefon Diggs' revised contract breaks down as follows: $20.895 million in signing bonus with $1.21 million fully guaranteed for skill, injury and salary cap. The 2025-28 seasons are voidable with $30 million salaries for cap purposes, and Diggs will count $5.867 million against the 2024 salary cap before becoming eligible for unrestricted free agency in March of 2025.“

So interestingly not taking the full hit this year, should leave them room to continue to make moves if they want. Surprised we haven’t signed any of the safeties still out there.

Former Texas defensive lineman T'Vondre Sweat, the 2023 Big 12 defensive player of the year and Outland Trophy winner, was booked into jail after an arrest for driving while intoxicated.

Sweat, 22, was booked Sunday afternoon into Travis County Jail, according to online records, after being arrested by Austin police. He faces a Class B misdemeanor, which in Texas carries a fine up to $2,000 and 180 days in jail.

Draft picks after the trades:

ROUNDOVERALL SELECTION
242ND (FROM MINNESOTA)
259TH
386TH (FROM PHILADELPHIA)
4123RD (FROM CLEVELAND)
4127TH
6188TH (FROM MINNESOTA)
6189TH (FROM BUFFALO)
7238TH (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
7247TH

CJ Stroud, Stefon Diggs, Tank Dell and John Metchie did on field workouts together over the weekend. Not official team activities. Good to see Diggs already making connections.

Two votes for CB Kamari Lassiter from mocks:

Chronicle 7 round mock, see link for extensive writeups:

Second round (No. 42): CB Kamari Lassiter, Georgia
Second round (No. 59): S Javon Bullard (Georgia)
Third round (No. 86): DT Michael Hall Jr. (Ohio State)
Fourth round (No. 123): RB Braelon Allen (Wisconsin)
Fourth round (No. 127): OT Javon Foster (Missouri)
Sixth round (No. 188): CB Jarrian Jones (Florida State)
Sixth round (No. 189): G/C Tanor Bortolini (Wisconsin)
Seventh round (No. 238): TE Tanner McLachlan (Arizona)
Seventh round (No. 247): C Drake Nugent (Michigan)

ESPN 100 player mock (paywalled):

42. Houston Texans (via MIN) Yates' pick: Maason Smith, DT, LSU
The Texans must continue to bulk up on the inside. Smith is an upside swing for Houston; he has the raw tools to become a disruptor as both a pass-rusher and a run-defender.

59. Houston Texans Kiper's pick: Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
Lassiter doesn't have elite speed, but he's a really solid corner. The Texans ranked 29th in the league in yards per pass attempt allowed (7.7) last season.

86. Houston Texans (via PHI)
Yates' pick: Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota
Perhaps no safety in the class has better ball skills than Nubin, who finds his way to the football constantly. He had 13 interceptions in college, including five in 2023.

The comp pick thing is a red herring. Who cares about a 2026 comp pick that would be determined by his 2025 FA deal, and whoever HOU signs. And HOU will have money next year, so most likely, it's canceled out.

I can see a world where Diggs plays well for HOU, and doesn't get a deal bigger than 18 mill a year, and goes back to HOU cheaper. He will be 31 next year, who is giving him 3/60 at that age?

And he will have already played in HOU for a year. If he likes it there, most likely he'll want to stay.

I think it is as well. I get everything is speculation and the "Diggs is a drama queen who also fell off" arguments have their merit. I just think reading between the lines of a lot of articles and interviews also insinuates that as much as he and Allen were friends off the field, Diggs felt Allen wasn't putting in the effort and taking the position as seriously as he felt he should have been. Practices were too lighthearted and "fun" based. He was crushed practically dominating for three years during the regular season to only get trampled in the playoffs, and seemingly felt others didn't want it as bad. He saw other QBs elevating their games year after year, as well as new uber-talented QBs entering the league, and didn't see that happening with his team. I've heard this kinda stuff from several analysts and people close to the league, including Matt Waldman, who I probably trust most out of all the so called "talking heads". I wouldn't say I agree or disagree with it, but I can connect the dots enough to think it's entirely plausible Diggs felt this way. And that it wasn't by chance he wound up with Stroud.

IMO, it never seemed to be to be a "I want the ball more" thing with Diggs nearly as much as a "I want to win" thing. I think Diggs wants a Super Bowl and while he certainly won't play for free, I think those accolades are more important to him then $$$. People can posit he had a better chance winning a ship on the Bills than the Texans, and they could be right. But I don't think Diggs felt that way anymore. Or at least felt it better to try something different at this point in his career. Texans are a team on the rise with a great coach and staff and key skill positions including a seemingly stud QB. I don't think he's going to choose to jump to another team next year that has a bad QB, let alone one that's a dumpster fire, for a couple million to pad his $100+ million in career earnings. I'll gladly eat the L here if he's playing for a bad team in 2025.

Texans new uniform unveil is April 23.

Contest sponsored by Ford, win a jersey and tickets to the unveiling.
The leaks are already driving the fan base bonkers. They were never going to please everyone, but I think people need to remember which ones are primary and secondary. It's also a good market test as putting a lot of options out will be a good market test to see what fans like and don't like and what sells.

I'm personally not in love with the HTown leak yesterday but it might grow on me. I like the return of the HTown blue though. The rumors around the Bull set have me most intrigued of what's left and not yet leaked.

The leaks are already driving the fan base bonkers. They were never going to please everyone, but I think people need to remember which ones are primary and secondary. It's also a good market test as putting a lot of options out will be a good market test to see what fans like and don't like and what sells.

I'm personally not in love with the HTown leak yesterday but it might grow on me. I like the return of the HTown blue though. The rumors around the Bull set have me most intrigued of what's left and not yet leaked.

I love the idea of bringing back the Oiler blue but man, those H helmets are awful. Hope these aren't official:

I love the idea of bringing back the Oiler blue but man, those H helmets are awful. Hope these aren't official:

They’re real. Cal replied with his photo later yesterday with that logo on a hat. Saw a fan already got a tattoo of it too.

Not a fan but maybe it’ll grow on me once we see the whole kit. But in a vacuum I don’t like it.

Scheft draft article:

The Texans love to wheel and deal

Nobody seems to enjoy making draft weekend deals more than Texans general manager Nick Caserio. During the three drafts he has run in Houston, he has made 18 trades: eight in 2023, seven in 2022 and three in 2021. Caserio has increased the number of draft trades he has made in each of his three drafts in Houston, and he likely will do whatever he needs to continue the trend.

The Texans don't own a first-round pick after they traded out of No. 23 with the Vikings. Their first pick is scheduled to be No. 42 overall.

I think it is as well. I get everything is speculation and the "Diggs is a drama queen who also fell off" arguments have their merit. I just think reading between the lines of a lot of articles and interviews also insinuates that as much as he and Allen were friends off the field, Diggs felt Allen wasn't putting in the effort and taking the position as seriously as he felt he should have been. Practices were too lighthearted and "fun" based. He was crushed practically dominating for three years during the regular season to only get trampled in the playoffs, and seemingly felt others didn't want it as bad. He saw other QBs elevating their games year after year, as well as new uber-talented QBs entering the league, and didn't see that happening with his team. I've heard this kinda stuff from several analysts and people close to the league, including Matt Waldman, who I probably trust most out of all the so called "talking heads". I wouldn't say I agree or disagree with it, but I can connect the dots enough to think it's entirely plausible Diggs felt this way. And that it wasn't by chance he wound up with Stroud.

IMO, it never seemed to be to be a "I want the ball more" thing with Diggs nearly as much as a "I want to win" thing. I think Diggs wants a Super Bowl and while he certainly won't play for free, I think those accolades are more important to him then $$$. People can posit he had a better chance winning a ship on the Bills than the Texans, and they could be right. But I don't think Diggs felt that way anymore. Or at least felt it better to try something different at this point in his career. Texans are a team on the rise with a great coach and staff and key skill positions including a seemingly stud QB. I don't think he's going to choose to jump to another team next year that has a bad QB, let alone one that's a dumpster fire, for a couple million to pad his $100+ million in career earnings. I'll gladly eat the L here if he's playing for a bad team in 2025.
This all sounds right. I don’t think it was only Allen. I think he lost faith in the coaching staff as well.

If he plays well then it wouldn't suprise me if Houston does want to resign him. Now I don't know what went on...if the texans wanted him on a 1 year deal or if Diggs wanted 1 year so he could do FA next year and go to whatever team he thinks is going to win in 25/26 or even go to Dallas and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Bull Uniform >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> White Road Uniform >>>> Home Blue Uniform >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HTown Blue Uniform

The last one feels like it got caught up in legal apparently with too much blue. We should learn more about that today apparently. Loving the new horn helmet that pairs with the red jersey though.

Red
Blue (home)
White (away)
H-Town blue

I think I love the red helmet. Though I wish they had different color pants rather than the red on red for the uniform.
H-Town is kind of disappointing after expecting something closer to the city's blue street sign colors that the Oilers colors were based on.

I don't know that the new, darker blue is any more appealing to me than the previous blue color was.

Overall I don't particularly care a lot though, just want them to win on the field.

Red
Blue (home)
White (away)
H-Town blue

I think I love the red helmet. Though I wish they had different color pants rather than the red on red for the uniform.
H-Town is kind of disappointing after expecting something closer to the city's blue street sign colors that the Oilers colors were based on.

I don't know that the new, darker blue is any more appealing to me than the previous blue color was.

Overall I don't particularly care a lot though, just want them to win on the field.
Yeah my favorite statement was, "As long as we see confetti, don't really care what color it rains...."

The HTown one I'm interested in learning more on. A lot of hints this morning in the media around the Titans/Adams sticking their nose into its intended design. Would be curious what got vetoed that was intended. Even if the numbers were blue instead of red, I'd find it a massive improvement. I'm curious if they tried to make the whole background of the jersey blue and it got reigned into what we see now.

Something I'd like to see them modify about that one long term is to just move that "mightnight blue bull" as they're calling it to the helmet instead of the H. The H feels like it'd be better as a secondary emblem instead of primary, but that version of the bull is awesome.

Red
Blue (home)
White (away)
H-Town blue

Yeah my favorite statement was, "As long as we see confetti, don't really care what color it rains...."

The HTown one I'm interested in learning more on. A lot of hints this morning in the media around the Titans/Adams sticking their nose into its intended design. Would be curious what got vetoed that was intended. Even if the numbers were blue instead of red, I'd find it a massive improvement. I'm curious if they tried to make the whole background of the jersey blue and it got reigned into what we see now.

Something I'd like to see them modify about that one long term is to just move that "mightnight blue bull" as they're calling it to the helmet instead of the H. The H feels like it'd be better as a secondary emblem instead of primary, but that version of the bull is awesome.

Also agree on getting rid of the H. The bull logo is a classic design and doesn't need to be tinkered with. I feel in this day and age teams teams are always changing their logos around to sell more merch which hurts brand value in the long run.

Red
Blue (home)
White (away)
H-Town blue

That red helmet is 10/10. Makes up for that stupid H.

So where I think I'm at heading into the draft.

• I do NOT want a trade up into the first. I guess there was some talk that mentioned us as a team who might from what I gathered from the radio.
  • I would welcome more than one trade down to garner more picks, including trading something this year for a higher pick next year. We need to get more talent being developed so when we hit the end of this window of free agents we've got guys still playing on cheap contracts.
  • I think Cornerback is our biggest need. We signed two guys who were former top ten picks in Okuda and CJ Henderson, and I hope Demeco gets some of that potential out of them. But I'm not going to bet on it happening. And secondary play, especially on deep passes, was a big weakness last year (gave up 3rd most yards on passes over 20 yards). Only Stingley and Mike Ford are under contract after this year. Unless another player ends up available at 42 who is a huge steal, hoping we get a good corner prospect there.
  • After corner, Defensive Tackle and Safety are positions I think need the next most focus. DT could see them starting, safety we probably have a year to develop someone. Ward's contract is up after this season. I have concerns about guard still too. They might feel like Scruggs can handle it if Kenyon Green continues to not work out, but if nothing else need depth there.
  • I think a sneaky move could be taking a RB with a day 2 pick. While I liked acquiring Mixon, I'm going out on a limb and saying he won't be worth the extension's final year, and we're going to need another starter then. I hope Pierce does better this season but think we need more at RB. If someone like Brooks is there I think he could be a steal with the later 2nd.

Last edited:
Love seeing all these offensive players drafted early. Should make for some good value when our pick comes around. Would be a blessing if Kool Aid or Newton is still available 🤞

ESPN round two article has:

42. Houston Texans (via MIN)
Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State
Houston added depth on defense in free agency, but Fiske is capable of pushing for a starting role. Over the past two seasons, he had 11.5 sacks when lined up as defensive tackle, which was the second-most in the FBS over that span.

43. Atlanta Falcons
T.J. Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Tampa would give the Falcons a corner capable of winning the starting job opposite A.J. Terrell.

Don't know how I'd feel about that. Especially as they then have us taking a TE with the 59th pick.

2 (10)
CB Kamari Lassiter
Georgia
6'0"
186 lbs

Pre-Draft Analysis
Lassiter is a fundamentally sound press corner who uses the correct hand to jab receivers getting off the line and flips his hips well. He has the balance and footspeed to match up underneath. He quickly diagnoses routes in off-coverage and zone looks. But Lassiter is not a playmaker and you'd like to see him finish more -- he intercepted one pass in 44 games at Georgia -- but he puts himself in position to make plays and is highly competitive at the catch point. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's pro comp: Kyler Gordon

Post-Draft Analysis
Finding a starting cornerback opposite Derek Stingley Jr. was high on my list of needs for the Texans this offseason. Consider that done. Lassiter didn't test well in the pre-draft process, but he's feisty and super physical to hang in man coverage. I had him ranked at No. 60 overall, but he's a really good scheme fit in Houston. -- Miller

Man, I really wanted Kool-Aid. Hope we didn't get sniped and that Lassiter was our guy. I just need to get used to the Texans not drafting CBs with cool nick names.

Last edited:
OT Blake Fisher
6'6"
310 lbs
Notre Dame

Pre-Draft Analysis
Fisher started 26 games at right tackle and one game at left tackle at Notre Dame. He gets a good initial pop and flashes the ability to move defenders off the ball in the run game. He has the length and the change of direction to develop into a reliable pass-blocker at the NFL level. Fisher can give up too much ground initially, but he did a better job of working his hands inside, digging in and recovering last season. -- Steve Muench

Safety Calen Bullock
6'2"
188 lbs
USC

Pre-Draft Analysis
Bullock is a safety with the range and length to play center field. He closes well, breaking on balls in off coverage. Matching up with tight ends, he is competitive. Bullock, a playmaker who flashes the ability to pluck the ball out of the air, picked off five passes in 2022. He's competitive at the catch point. While his angles are inconsistent and he misses tackles, he is an aggressive run-defender who flashes good stopping power for a leaner safety. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis
My top safety in the draft comes off the board at pick No. 78 overall. Ranked No. 55 on my final big board, Bullock is a ballhawk from the center of the field. The Texans are committed to improving the secondary after drafting Kamari Lassiter in Round 2, and Bullock should slot in as the team's starting free safety. That move would allow Jimmie Ward to play where he's the best -- in the nickel -- giving the Texans a potentially dangerous starting five in the defensive backfield. -- Matt Miller

Texans move up 8 spots in third down
Texans receive: 78th overall pick
Eagles receive: 86th and 123rd overall picks.

Not crazy about the cost, giving up a late 4th to move up 8 spots in the 3rd. I mean for comparison:

Jets receive: 65th overall pick
Panthers receive: 72nd, 157th overall pick

Just moved up 7 spots to first pick in the 3rd for a pick a full round later.

Last edited:
yay, a lineman!

I guess my take on it is, if they have a capable backup RT then if Left Guard continues to be an issue, moving Tytus over there as they have before is more palatable. But that's still kind of a high cost unless they have a really high grade on him and think he'd be a starter down the road. Tytus and Tunsil both have 3 years left.

yay, a lineman!

I guess my take on it is, if they have a capable backup RT then if Left Guard continues to be an issue, moving Tytus over there as they have before is more palatable. But that's still kind of a high cost unless they have a really high grade on him and think he'd be a starter down the road. Tytus and Tunsil both have 3 years left.

I am unfortunately barely following tonight due to a family engagement. Based on your other post sounds like Caserio is back to overpaying in trades like he usually does

Users who are viewing this thread