What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am back in the chaos...resources needed (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
I have been out of fantasy baseball for several years. I have been recruited back this year, but feel lost as heck. I am looking for suggestions on where/what to tap into for resources...you know, something like FBG but for baseball. Whatcha got? I'll be playing in a 14 team 5x5 league hosted on CBS. Clearly I can just tap their resources, but I need an edge since I don't have the skill.

I have been out of fantasy baseball for several years. I have been recruited back this year, but feel lost as heck. I am looking for suggestions on where/what to tap into for resources...you know, something like FBG but for baseball. Whatcha got? I'll be playing in a 14 team 5x5 league hosted on CBS. Clearly I can just tap their resources, but I need an edge since I don't have the skill.

Thank me later. You may want to focus on the pinned SP ranks thread. The thread starter is an absolute baseball guru.

just follow cake and pie leeg drafts, wa la.

just follow cake and pie leeg drafts, wa la.
Dessert? No one told me dessert would be served.

On the field over the past few years, I think SP has gotten thinner because of openers and five & dive guys. Hitting has gotten slightly deeper because there's a DH slot in both leagues. SB are up but the category still is scarce at the top.

As for resources, the sites running leagues all post rankings (Yahoo, CBS, Fantrax, ESPN). Fangraphs, Razzball and FantasyPros are still in business. The Athletic has good content if you're a subscriber. The ####tification of sports media continues so some sites you may have used in the past (e.g. Rotoworld) exist in name only these days. Reddit and Twitter have good info but also a lot of guys hustling to sell their Patreons.

A 14 team league is tougher than a 12 because scarcity becomes more of an issue at every tier. The four extra picks between your turn also can hurt if you get caught out by a position run.

Any more advice is proprietary because I play in leagues with guys from this board.

Sorry, forgot about this thread for a bit. I appreciate the info, Eephus. I guess that shows you how focused I have been on fantasy baseball lately. :lol::bag:

Leeg specs? Bench and lineup. Weekly lineups?

14 team
28 round draft ( have the 1st pick and yes, Acuna is one of limited number of names I do recognize!)
5x5 scoring categories: BA/HR/R/RBI/SB x ERA/K/S/W+QS/WHIP
Weekly lineup submitted: C/1/2/3/SS/CI/MI/5 OF/U/9 P + 6 bench spots (10 games needed for position eligibility)
Innings pitched: 900 minimum - 1500 maximum
FAAB bidding for waivers

1 minute word vomit...

In that format, bats > arms first half of the draft. Need 3 pitchers, but probably don't want > 4. 1 can be closer but need skills, security, and health. Target 2+ other high K RP's late and hope they back their way into saves. Fade injury optimism. Punt catcher. Devote half of your bench with upside starters (2nd half draft strategy) - youth, bounceback, returning from injury, etc. They get injured a lot and allows you to play matchups. Devote the rest of your bench to minor league bats looking at early season promotions. Don't clog your roster with low upside bats in a weekly format as you'll just go to FAAB to cover injuries.

I'm really struggling to find good points league rankings. ESPN and CBS have them but they are really bad.

1 minute word vomit...

In that format, bats > arms first half of the draft. Need 3 pitchers, but probably don't want > 4. 1 can be closer but need skills, security, and health. Target 2+ other high K RP's late and hope they back their way into saves. Fade injury optimism. Punt catcher. Devote half of your bench with upside starters (2nd half draft strategy) - youth, bounceback, returning from injury, etc. They get injured a lot and allows you to play matchups. Devote the rest of your bench to minor league bats looking at early season promotions. Don't clog your roster with low upside bats in a weekly format as you'll just go to FAAB to cover injuries.

i avoid pitchers like crazy. wont draft any high. they all seem to get hurt and they arent worth the high pick hardly ever. agree with most of this.

Users who are viewing this thread