What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr., ARZ (2 Viewers)

Everyone seems to be quite convinced MHJ goes #4.
Is there no other player we can see Arizona take at that spot?
Yeah, Nabers.
Possible but I'm going to go with nobody, see them as most likely team in the draft to move back.
Perhaps.
Anyway we see MHJ teaming up with Herbert at 5?
Yes and I'm trying hard not to have wishful thinking on that, but yes.

The rumor mill has both AZ and LAC wanting to move back and I buy it's what they want to do for the right price even if both need WR badly. Odds are a team moving up will be for a QB and with the Giants at 6 as a potential QB spot I'd think teams are leery of trading into 5 before being OTC, for fear that NYG would jump you to 4.

This is why I believe Arizona is more likely to move back then the LAC and leave MJH available at 5 and my guess right now is they'd stay and pick him, myriad connections of Harbuagh to MHJ Jr and SR and likely no one paying a ton to move up for a WR, no matter how big a prospect, they just won't get enough to make moving back viable.

So I'll put it this way, if I'm doing a mock today I'm having MIN trade into 4, and the Chargers taking MHJ at 5.

likely no one paying a ton to move up for a WR, no matter how big a prospect, they just won't get enough to make moving back viable.

Ah. Interesting. In your scenario, the four QBs are gone then. I'd also say that the top three receivers are pretty close in talent, therefore LA won't get enough capital back in a trade to justify moving back, so they then stand pat and pick Harrison. Might as well just pick him rather than get a minimal return that causes them to miss out on him and maybe even miss out on all three of the big receivers in the class.

Draft Twitter is floating Nabers over Harrison. Brugler and Jeremiah.

:banned:
Happens every year. Gotta bring eyeballs to blogs or Twitter or whatever
I think it's legit though.

To be clear none of them are saying they'd take MHJ over Nabers. I think they all MHJ rated ahead of him but I do think what they are saying is true, some teams have Nabers rated over MHJ.

That's what makes this time of year interesting. Stand by our preconceived notions and ignore what we are hearing on basis is BS for various reasons or be willing to have an open mind that maybe what we are being told is legit. For me it depends on who is doing the reporting, in this case it's overwhelming with the people I put the most respect on so I'm buying it.

The thing that seems to be getting clearer is these is the top two WR's, not hearing this about Odunze.

Waldman solo pod on WRs- RSP sneak peek if you will - not paywall so it’s ok to post. Glowing praise for Nabers, not so much for MHJ. He’s been wary about two specific issues with MHJ. A month ago he was saying he doesn’t use overhand in catch situations where he should be. Almost exclusively an underhand technique guy which typically comes with lower catch rate. Yesterday it was a concern for opening up his chest too soon, exposing to defenders.

All he had to say about Nabers was rare combination of explosiveness and acceleration. I suspect he’ll be sky high on him.

He definitely has a few more binkies in this class.

Brugler and Jeremiah however, are not in that group of rabble trying to get to 10,000 Twitter followers.

On that note I bet most people have never heard of Charean Williams.

She's been an NFL reporter for over 30 years. Has won awards. Is a HOF voter.

But most people don't know who she is because she's not out breaking stories, not looking for clicks or followers, does not even bother to have a blue check mark.

And with that I give you:

Charean Williams

@NFLCharean

A couple of teams I know of have Nabers as the No. 1 receiver in this draft. One team I know has Harrison third at his position.

I wonder what they said about Jerry Rice coming out? Seems like Harrison might be cut of the same cloth. Maybe not the most explosive, most phsyically imposing, but does everything very very well, great route runner, great hands, great body control...could we be overthinking this by considering Nabers/Odunze/Thomas in the same tier or even above Harrison??

I don't see how anyone can talk about Brian Thomas in the same stratosphere as Nabers or MHJ to be honest.

I'm not even close to knowledgeable about the nuances of playing wide receiver in the NFL and his many warts and deficiencies are crystal clear obvious, even when you only watch his highlight footage.

As stated in another thread, it's all about what flavour you want. MHJ and Nabers are not similar as players. NFL teams and wide receiver rooms specifically will value each one differently depending on what they already have and what their QB does well.

Oh I agree, but Chris Simms ranked Thomas over MJH. That's why I added his name...but I think Simms is an idiot.
Yeah I get why you put it there.

Doesn't make any sense to me as an opinion, but he does this for a living so there must be a reason behind it. I strongly suspect that reason has not all that much to do with which player he thinks is actually better though. Much more to do with attracting eye balls to his hot take.

I wonder what they said about Jerry Rice coming out? Seems like Harrison might be cut of the same cloth. Maybe not the most explosive, most phsyically imposing, but does everything very very well, great route runner, great hands, great body control...could we be overthinking this by considering Nabers/Odunze/Thomas in the same tier or even above Harrison??
I actually think he's pretty physically imposing and got no questions about his speed. I don't think I get the Rice comp, who of course ran a slow 40. I don't think anyone has those concerns on him.

No I don't think it's overthinking it putting those other two in at least his tier right now. It's just proper due diligence and not a knock on MHJ, more recognizing other big time talents. I don't think this is paralysis by analysis kind of stuff, trying to knock a guy we've had on a pedestal for awhile, it's none of that.

He's still my top WR and I still find him as safe a prospect as any WR in the last 10 years but I'm still letting things play out before I hand in my card.

One of these WR's "might" get Herbert on a team without a lot of other weapons. That "might" move me, not sure yet, just think it's smart to keep an open mind because these are really good prospects, some think the 3 best players in the draft.

I don't see how anyone can talk about Brian Thomas in the same stratosphere as Nabers or MHJ to be honest.
I absolutely love BTJ as a prospect, but he doesn't belong in the conversation with those two. He's very raw, but if he gets good coaching and some time to develop, he could be in that conversation one day. Again, different skill set than either of those two, but he'll be very dangerous if he can refine those skills. I like the Christian Watson comparison.

Although Williams, Maye and Daniels are likely and rightly going to go top 3 due to positional importance ... I don't think any of those are top 4 players in the draft. MH Jr, Alt, Fashanu, and Nabers are those IMO. Fashanu is dropping in a lot of mocks. I have no idea why. At one time he was the top LT.

Drafting from the 1.2 in 3/6 dynasties (One QB PPR) and 1.3 in another (yeah it was a rough year). Hoping he slides at least in one of these leagues, maybe him being a non participant in any drills will help him drop is the hope/dream.

Regardless, he is still by far my favorite and #1 overall prospect this year and I'm excited to see how high he goes and what he can do year 1.

1.01 WR1 | Tier 1 | Marvin Harrison Jr. | Ohio State | 6-4 | 209 | — | Round 1

2022: 77 rec | 1,263 yds | 16.4 avg | 14 TDs
2023: 67 rec | 1,211 yds | 18.1 avg | 15 TDs
Pro Comparison: Tee Higgins, with CeeDee Lamb/A.J. Green/Justin Jefferson upside
The term “Generational Talent” gets thrown around far too often, but MHJ is arguably the best WR ‘prospect’ in a generation. Harrison comes from NFL WR royalty, emerges from the premiere WR school, where he honed his craft under the expert tutelage of Brian Hartline, has nearly all of the physical advantages and tools you seek in a WR prospect, and boasts back-to-back 1,200+ yard receiving seasons with double-digit TDs. (He did this in 2023 with Kyle McCord as his QB; let that sink in for a moment.) Perhaps MHJ’s best trait, however, is his outstanding work ethic. Harrison is as near a can’t-miss WR prospect as we have seen since Megatron. This is the time of year we examine every draft prospect’s strengths and weaknesses with careful scrutiny. This is a tremendously strong WR class, so it should surprise nobody that some rankings favor Nabers (or even Rome Odunze) over Harrison. Harrison is not above scrutiny, and Nabers and Odunze are high-value prospects in their own rights. However, I feel like Harrison also suffers in part from prospect fatigue; he has sat atop this class for over a year, and some just like change. He is my WR1, and I initially had him in a tier of his own. I have both Malik Nabers (WR2) and Rome Odunze (WR3) as Tier 1 WRs in my current rankings, which is a testament to their abilities and certainly not a ding to MHJ’s profile.

Does his landing spot even matter if you're holding the 1.01 pick in your dynasty league?
What if he goes to NE at #3? ... Rookie coach with no play calling experience, no QB, no O-line ... no offensive weapons at all.
He might not see the end zone his rookie year ... lol.

Does his landing spot even matter if you're holding the 1.01 pick in your dynasty league?
What if he goes to NE at #3? ... Rookie coach with no play calling experience, no QB, no O-line ... no offensive weapons at all.

I dont have #1 so im not worried, nor caring.

If I did, Id be worried about NE, but would still take him, or sell to #2/3 for a boatload and take nabers or odunze.

Draft Destination undoubtedly matters, IMO, although for a Dynasty WR, I would likely consider MHJ WR1 regardless.

Yes, though I'm not very worried about the Patriots picking him at 3 and I've not so much been focused on if he landed in a bad spot as much as how I'll feel about someone like Nabers should they land with Herbert-even if the offense will be run heavy.

It might go without saying but things don't get a lot easier at 1.1 if MHJ lands with Herbert.

I don't think it's impossible, thought not likely and not all what I'm forecasting, just would not shock me let me put it that way, if we saw QB's go top 4, the Chargers staying at 5 and actually preferring Nabers and then MHJ land with Daniel Jones.

If you are telling me Nabers got Herbert and MHJ is getting served up Daniel Jones I got to say that matters and I'd be leaning picking Nabers. Though again I not only think this is unlikely, but the odds are higher it's going to be reversed.

Last edited:
Yes, though I'm not very worried about the Patriots picking him at 3 and I've not so much been focused on if he landed in a bad spot as much as how I'll feel about someone like Nabers should they land with Herbert-even if the offense will be run heavy.

It might go with saying but things don't get a lot easier at 1.1 if MHJ lands with Herbert.

I don't think it's impossible, thought not likely and not all what I'm forecasting, just would not shock me let me put it that way, if we saw QB's go top 4, the Chargers staying at 5 and actually preferring Nabers and then MHJ land with Daniel Jones.

If you are telling me Nabers got Herbert and MHJ is getting served up Daniel Jones I got to say that matters and I'd be leaning picking Nabers. Though again I not only think this is unlikely, but the odds are higher it's going to be reversed.
Right. If you got two awesome WRs, one being a little better, it's certainly not a terrible idea to take the slightly lesser prospect in a beautiful situation over the other guy in the worst situation

I'm not especially put off anyone if they are going to be the likely undisputed number 1 on their team. Obviously there's a short term cap on a ceiling with a worse QB, but give me MHJ on the Giants over MHJ on the Jets for example.

you're blessed at 1.

if he goes to a crap spot (NE) sell to the guy sitting at 2 for what he's willing to give you, and grab Nabers or Odunze is beautiful situations (if that's how it goes).

I'm still certain you can grab a 1st to move down 1/2 spot(s) to 2 or 3.

if he goes to a crap spot (NE) sell to the guy sitting at 2 for what he's willing to give you, and grab Nabers or Odunze is beautiful situations (if that's how it goes).
You wrongfully assume this will be straightforward. Why would someone overpay for MHJ in a rubbish spot when they could just wait for him to fall or take Nabers?

They'd have the same information we did.

You wrongfully assume this will be straightforward. Why would someone overpay for MHJ in a rubbish spot when they could just wait for him to fall or take Nabers?

They'd have the same information we did.

Because I firmly believe the vast majority of fantasy players are morons, and only care about getting the name.

I can't see any reason why someone with the 2 or 3 would be looking to move it. A good year to have those picks I think.

Of course it's a good year to have 2 or 3. I have 3 and I'm not moving up or even considering doing it.

But Im an elite level talent evaluator. An orca in a sea of supposed sharks. I play a different game.

The vast majority of fantasy players see MHJ and would be willing to do dumb things to get him.

Users who are viewing this thread