What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Pricing (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
I'm sure theres a thread to ##### and complain but I spent 5 mins looking and couldn't find anything

I understand inflation but FF sites face increased competition than it ever has before with fanduel and such... which is FREE.  Now isn't the time to hike up prices by 10%

Last edited by a moderator:
$49.95 for me

Date Purchased:Mar 26, 2022

Amount Paid:$49.95

Pricing Explanation:Regular League - Early Bird Discount (Save $30.00) - Multi-league Discount (Save $10.00) - Footballguys.com Discount (Save $10.00)

We have pretty much “normal” scoring and line up rules, so we moved away from MFL 3 years ago. Sleeper is just fine for standard dynasty leagues and it’s free. Heck, if yahoo handled dynasty better (I think commissioners need to manually track draft pick trading or something lame like that) I would even consider moving to them. Not paying league site fees again to take away from our money pool since we’re only putting in $50 each. YMMV but, yeah, done with MFL for sure. And, sorry, but their site design/workflow/commish tools are all overly complicated. 

Yeah, our league is about to adjust rules so we can likely jump to a new site next year.  $100 a year is bad enough, but for that cost and only mobile option you get is a crappy a$$ third party app?  

There’s no inflation that affects a fantasy football website- companies are using it as an excuse to increase profits and people are just accepting it.
Of course there are. Electricity costs rise for websites just like they do for everyone else. Hardware providing the backbone for these websites have rising costs just like everything else. If they are using the cloud, their provider is also likely raising fees. It can be a money grab, but that wouldn’t necessarily be my first assumption. 

Of course there are. Electricity costs rise for websites just like they do for everyone else. Hardware providing the backbone for these websites have rising costs just like everything else. If they are using the cloud, their provider is also likely raising fees. It can be a money grab, but that wouldn’t necessarily be my first assumption. 
Fair enough - while I think some costs are  built into the business model, I did discount things like Hardware and other shortages that could increase costs - but I do think a lot of companies are doing what I said. I mean MFL has doubled their prices according to the OP.

I left Sportsline about 10 years ago and the cost at that time was $120. 

eta: Checked the sportsline website:

Q: How much does it cost to play Fantasy Football?
A: Football Commissioner costs $179.99 ($149.99 if you purchase during the special prepay promotional period) for the whole season - this includes all of your league's owners up to 30 teams. Free Fantasy Football is, well.....free!

We have pretty much “normal” scoring and line up rules, so we moved away from MFL 3 years ago. Sleeper is just fine for standard dynasty leagues and it’s free. Heck, if yahoo handled dynasty better (I think commissioners need to manually track draft pick trading or something lame like that) I would even consider moving to them. Not paying league site fees again to take away from our money pool since we’re only putting in $50 each. YMMV but, yeah, done with MFL for sure. And, sorry, but their site design/workflow/commish tools are all overly complicated. 

I am in a dynasty league hosted on Sleeper and it does some things better, but it does not have near the reports that mfl has.  I do understand that mfl is overly complicated, however it is the most powerful site out there.

The only leagues I am in on mfl are ones that would be difficult to host elsewhere.

I'm sure theres a thread to ##### and complain but I spent 5 mins looking and couldn't find anything

I understand inflation but FF sites face increased competition than it ever has before with fanduel and such... which is FREE.  Now isn't the time to hike up prices by 10%

Have you ever emailed them and asked for a group discount?

I left Sportsline about 10 years ago and the cost at that time was $120. 

eta: Checked the sportsline website:

Q: How much does it cost to play Fantasy Football?
A: Football Commissioner costs $179.99 ($149.99 if you purchase during the special prepay promotional period) for the whole season - this includes all of your league's owners up to 30 teams. Free Fantasy Football is, well.....free!
Yeah as expensive as it once was - the prices haven't really risen at CBS - anyone using it is getting it at $150 which it's been at for years now.

Well, yeah. If you start off gouging people, 20 years later you can claim to not raising your prices much. 🤣
another fair point - I gave up trying to get my league to switch sites years ago so I guess I can appreciate that the cost has not gone up at least.

Hi Folks,

I edited the title on this. 

Talking about league platforms is of course something we do here. But I want us to be very careful that we don't use this forum as a place to denigrate companies in the space.

Especially a company like MFL that is one of the most reputable companies in this space. I've known Mike Hall the owner there for many years and they've been the picture of a reliable product and company and an excellent business. 

The customer is the one who decides if the product is worth the price. I fully believe in MFL's case, it's absolutely a great value. Others may not. And that's their right.

But I want us to be respectful here please. Thank you. 

$49.95 for me

Date Purchased:Mar 26, 2022

Amount Paid:$49.95

Pricing Explanation:Regular League - Early Bird Discount (Save $30.00) - Multi-league Discount (Save $10.00) - Footballguys.com Discount (Save $10.00)
My league did the early bird discount as well to get the same price as last year. I believe it was the first increase in many. many years for MFL.

For a dynasty league that price is worth it. You keep your leagues history.

We have one league that goes back to 2002.
That's precisely why we will continue to use them, even with a price increase. We also go back with them about 20 years.

That's precisely why we will continue to use them, even with a price increase. We also go back with them about 20 years.
same here....we have been there forever and is really the reason we are ok to keep paying...

IIRC MFL actually offered an "early"  early bird at the same time as announcing the price increase...so it was a way of not having to pay the increase....so there was an early early bird....then an early bird....then regular...

thanks to FBG and @Joe Bryant for continuing with the $10 FBG hookup...every little bit helps....

I am in a dynasty league hosted on Sleeper and it does some things better, but it does not have near the reports that mfl has.  I do understand that mfl is overly complicated, however it is the most powerful site out there.

The only leagues I am in on mfl are ones that would be difficult to host elsewhere.
Yeah, exactly my point. If your league isn’t “special”, then there are plenty of sites that are cheaper/free as well as easier for the commish to wrangle (sorry, but every single year felt like re-learning how to set up the free agent waivers to basically try to get it to act like yahoo did). As for league history…we went back over 10 years and still switched and we got over it :)

2 cents

I'm sorry, but offering the super duper "early" early early early bird normal price was kind of dumb, they knew people that been using the site for yrs we're going to miss it.  And yeah, not everyone reads all 100 emails they get a day.

We too have been with MFL for well over 15 years. The league is taking a serious look at moving to a new host site, much to my disappointment. I'm just stepping back. Out of my hands.

I'm sorry, but offering the super duper "early" early early early bird normal price was kind of dumb, they knew people that been using the site for yrs we're going to miss it.  And yeah, not everyone reads all 100 emails they get a day.

I really suggest emailing or calling and asking for a group discount for all your leagues.

Let me know if you need help with contact information.

I still remember waiting until Tuesday night until the commish could comb thru the newspaper and do everything by hand. 

$5-6 a week/10-14 still seems cheap to me. 
Thanks - I just got PTSD from being a commish overseas in the military and using the Stars & Stripes boxscores to do this in the mid-90's......lol! 

At least Football was easier than doing baseball like that as well.....

I think I paid something like $60 with early bird and FBG discount. 

It helps that my league is 24 teams so it only works out to about $2.50 pp.

With two player copies, dynasty, devy, best ball, etc there aren't any other choices for that level of customization.

I was in league chat bemoaning the lack of similar options since I thought other companies could easily step in as the price point increases but a couple of IT/network guys in our league said its more difficult to set up a customizable and scalable site like this than you think.   :shrug:

Yahoo is free. For years, I tried to justify using MFL because it was more customizable but everything we wanted to do on MFL we can do on Yahoo and you get a much, cleaner, nicer to look at app. I made the switch a few years back and very happy I did.

Users who are viewing this thread