What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most pathetic husband ever (1 Viewer)

So, she's just a piece of human garbage that deserves to be thrown away? All for a period of time that she was consumed by lust for a young boy? It would seem that whatever else is going on in their relationship, it was not enough to stop it from continuing on to marriage.

Now, it's quite possible that by standing by her, he is showing her love, loyalty, trust and forgiveness that she - obviously by your standards - does not deserve. In other words, he's showing her grace, something that is in too far short of supply these days. Grace is not getting something you deserve. IMO, he still loves this woman and still wants her; that's his Bobby Brown prerogative.

It's easy for you with your collection of designer watches to sit there and throw stones at him and call him pathetic If he is truly standing by his wife through all of this, I'm not going to call him pathetic; he's being the more mature person in this relationship, and that's brave...especially in this society.

And yes, I'd give this woman a second chance.
So you dump her and treat like a piece of human garbage after she cheats on you the second time, right?

There's probably less than a 1% chance she stays faithful to this guy for the rest of their lives, or for even the next few months.  All you would be doing is delaying the inevitable.

also look i am not saying that my lady or i run around on eachother we do not but hey brohan i serve her meat i smoked in a trash can and maragratas that came through a garbage disposal so hey man lets not sell the old swcer short on the pathetic list take that to the bank 

So, she's just a piece of human garbage that deserves to be thrown away? All for a period of time that she was consumed by lust for a young boy? It would seem that whatever else is going on in their relationship, it was not enough to stop it from continuing on to marriage.

Now, it's quite possible that by standing by her, he is showing her love, loyalty, trust and forgiveness that she - obviously by your standards - does not deserve. In other words, he's showing her grace, something that is in too far short of supply these days. Grace is not getting something you deserve. IMO, he still loves this woman and still wants her; that's his Bobby Brown prerogative.

It's easy for you with your collection of designer watches to sit there and throw stones at him and call him pathetic If he is truly standing by his wife through all of this, I'm not going to call him pathetic; he's being the more mature person in this relationship, and that's brave...especially in this society.

I could almost agree with this if she had cheated with another adult like a coworker or neighbor.

This woman is not only a hoor but stupid and ethically challenged.  

Maybe she's blackmailing him? 

A girl this sexually deviant probably had the husband do all kinds of unspeakable acts.  Maybe there are all kinds of videos of him inserting various household items into himself and he just doesn't want those to get out because there's no coming back from that.

I say this hypothetically of course 

Either the guy is the most forgiving person in history not named Jesus Christ, or maybe he honestly doesn't care. If I were in his shoes, I would have watched her head off to jail, then go off on my merry way, never to see her again.

Tom Servo said:

I think this is a pretty admirable stance which I'm not sure I'm capable of. MAYBE if my wife banged some guy at work, depending on the circumstances we could salvage things. But I lean toward probably not, because of the trust issues and just feeling like a schmuck.

But this case is disturbing on so many levels. As a teacher she's entrusted with the welfare of minors, and this is such a gross violation that I would have difficulty respecting her or trusting her judgement ever again. And that's before we even address the fact that this was happening during the planning of our wedding. You're not even married yet and you can't stay faithful? That aspect of it is pretty bizarre in itself. And using a cellphone and being so careless, again, I wouldn't respect someone that stupid with such poor judgement. That's just me though and I know nothing of their relationship.

Simon: Okay, just ask yourself: What do women really want? You take these bored housewives, married to the same guy for years, they're stuck in a rut, then need some release! Promise of adventure, a hint of danger. I create that for them.

Harry: So basically, your lying your ### off the whole time. See, I can't do that.

Simon: What are you, a boy scout? No, no, no, think of it as playing a role as fantasy. I mean, you got to work on their dreams. Get them out of their daily surburban grind for a few hours.

Harry: But what about their husbands?

Simon: Dickless! I mean, let's face it, if they took care of business, I'd be out of business! You know what I mean?

[laughs]

I think this is a pretty admirable stance which I'm not sure I'm capable of. MAYBE if my wife banged some guy at work, depending on the circumstances we could salvage things. But I lean toward probably not, because of the trust issues and just feeling like a schmuck.

But this case is disturbing on so many levels. As a teacher she's entrusted with the welfare of minors, and this is such a gross violation that I would have difficulty respecting her or trusting her judgement ever again. And that's before we even address the fact that this was happening during the planning of our wedding. You're not even married yet and you can't stay faithful? That aspect of it is pretty bizarre in itself. And using a cellphone and being so careless, again, I wouldn't respect someone that stupid with such poor judgement. That's just me though and I know nothing of their relationship.
I'm not saying it would be easy; putting myself in his place...whoa, I'd hope that I'd live up to what I've been posting. But that's the rub, isn't it? Those who talk about taking the high road find out that maybe we're not in the best shape to be climbing the high road and we can see why it's the path less traveled. 

This is definitely not a situation I'd want to find myself in.

Users who are viewing this thread