What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Royals Stink Now Since I Posted About It. I Suck At This *** (6 Viewers)

The Reds were fun for a while, but they're a ways away.

They're 1 game out of the wild card, bro. However it would have been nice to have Lodolo back for the stretch and Votto and India, the clear leaders of the clubhouse, active.

These next six games are crucial for your Reds. Three against the Cubbies then three against the hottest team in baseball. And those are at home where surprisingly, your team has a losing record....

They're 1 game out of the wild card, bro. However it would have been nice to have Lodolo back for the stretch and Votto and India, the clear leaders of the clubhouse, active.

These next six games are crucial for your Reds. Three against the Cubbies then three against the hottest team in baseball.
They don’t play the Dodgers

These next six games are crucial for your Reds. Three against the Cubbies then three against the hottest team in baseball.

It's pretty close, though! Since the All Star Break:

Dodgers: 32-11
Mariners: 31-13

Yankees: 16-26 lol

These next six games are crucial for your Reds. Three against the Cubbies then three against the hottest team in baseball. And those are at home where surprisingly, your team has a losing record....

Four against the Cubs.

It's pretty close, though! Since the All Star Break:

Dodgers: 32-11
Mariners: 31-13

Yankees: 16-26 lol
24 wins in august

Peaking too soon probly

Having Jerry Reinsdorf name Chris Getz as their next GM is like seeing Punxsutawney Phil pop out of his hole to see his shadow.

10 more years of ****e baseball on the Southside of Chicago.

Having Jerry Reinsdorf name Chris Getz as their next GM is like seeing Punxsutawney Phil pop out of his hole to see his shadow.

Was discussing this with a buddy last night. The one thing the White Sox have consistently done well is get good prospect value in trades. Then those prospects don't live up to their potential and the team underachieves.

You would think the first person to go would be the guy in charge of player development. Instead the Sox promote him. :crazy:

On the bright side, they may not be on the Southside long. Read something somewhere that the team is looking into relocating?

On the bright side, they may not be on the Southside long. Read something somewhere that the team is looking into relocating?
Saw that but I highly doubt it. That's just posturing being made for a new stadium.

Nashville, Charlotte, who knows where else...

What a start to the Astros/Rangers series for Altuve. 3 HRs in the first 3 innings is something I don't think I've seen before. Add that to a 2 HR performance the game before.

Good to see the Astros bats waking up when it matters most. I know we have a lot of Astros fans in here so I'm sure you all share the same sentiment.

What a start to the Astros/Rangers series for Altuve. 3 HRs in the first 3 innings is something I don't think I've seen before. Add that to a 2 HR performance the game before.

Good to see the Astros bats waking up when it matters most. I know we have a lot of Astros fans in here so I'm sure you all share the same sentiment.
3 HRs before rangers 7-8-9 hitters even batted, according to twitter.

Oh, Rangers.....

I thought I was going to be in Dallas for the Astros series and was surprised how cheap tickets were on the secondary market. Seats starting at $2 during a tight divisional race lol. Shame Dallas doesn't support that franchise even when they're winning.

Oh, Rangers.....

I thought I was going to be in Dallas for the Astros series and was surprised how cheap tickets were on the secondary market. Seats starting at $2 during a tight divisional race lol. Shame Dallas doesn't support that franchise even when they're winning.

Well to be fair, it's not just Dallas. The team plays in Arlington, smack dab in the middle of DFW, which is YUGE.

That said, the Rangers have perpetually let their fans down with late season collapses. Outside of the years they went to the WS, it's been decades of disappointment.

Lastly, it's a football crazed megalopolis and the Cowboys rule the land there.

So @Capella - how do you feel about the news of the Rays building a new stadium. In St Petersburg.
Personally, I'm glad they are getting a new stadium. But keeping said stadium in St. Pete isnt going to cure the attendance woes even if its a 30000 seat venue. But the leadership in St. Pete and Pinellas County would rather see the Rays relocate out of Florida than to the other side of the Bay.

However it will be better that its purpose built for the Rays and for baseball. But its not enjoyable to make the commute to and from St. Pete for a weeknight game from anywhere outside of Pinellas county.

But the leadership in St. Pete and Pinellas County would rather see the Rays relocate out of Florida than to the other side of the Bay.
What? This doesn’t make any sense at all. That has nothing to do with what happened. If Tampa had the resources to make the Rays an offer they would have.

The AL playoff and wildcard situation is pretty hilareous. Such a roller coaster ride. The Jays come off a 15 game stretch where they played some of the worst teams in baseball and scratched out a 10-5 record (sweeping the last 3 games against KC) then proceed to be humiliated at home by Texas, losing 4 by a score of 85-8 (felt like that, anyway). They go on to sweep Boston (but could have easily lost at least 2 of those 3). At the same time, Texas who had 1000 hits vs Toronto goes ice cold in Cleveland for 3 games. Seattle and Houston are also struggling and now there are 4 teams and not sure any of them are going to go on a run.

As for Toronto, they'll be lucky to go 7-5 in their last 12 (6 each against Tampa and NYY) . I feel like 5-7 is more likely and their best shot at squeaking in is if one of Seattle or Texas gets swept in their 7 games remaining against each other. Despite the Jays strong pitching they probably have the lamest offence I have seen for a playoff contender. I don't think any batter actually scares any body right now.

Should be interesting, anyway

In other news, Otahni had surgery today and reportedly will be ready for 2024, but will only hit and won’t pitch until 2025. That sucks.

Acuna gets to 40 HR - needs 2 more SBs to get 40-70. Ridiculous.
Pretty incredible.

Kinda bizarre that ESPN is framing it as Acuna becoming one of 5 players to ever get 40/40, rather than being the ONLY player to ever have 40/60.
An amazing season no matter which way you examine the numbers ... REALLY hope he gets 70

Not sure we'll see again this anytime soon

Acuna with 40 HRs and 70 stolen bases. Drove in the tying run in the bottom of the 10th, immediately stole 2nd to give him 70 stolen bases, and then on the next pitch scored from 2nd on a single to right field.

Despite a garbage 3rd strike call to Burger with the bases loaded, the Marlins persevered, beat the Mets, and took the lead for the last wild card spot over the Cubs via the tiebreaker.

I'm hoping they can push their luck and make the playoffs. As a White Sox fan :bag:, it would be so much sweeter if they left the Cubs on the outside looking in.

Acuna with 40 HRs and 70 stolen bases. Drove in the tying run in the bottom of the 10th, immediately stole 2nd to give him 70 stolen bases, and then on the next pitch scored from 2nd on a single to right field.
IIRC he stole second in the 8th inning for his 69th and scored on single by Ozzie to tie the game.

super happy he got to 40-70. Now give him The MVP.

So Gabe Kapler tanked in September, and ultimately cost the Giants any chance of a wildcard spot. And now he's looking for a job. And of this sound familiar @scorchy ? I'm a little surprised Farhan Zaidi somehow survived. And a little disappointed. Not that Kapler got canned, but that it stopped with him.

So Gabe Kapler tanked in September, and ultimately cost the Giants any chance of a wildcard spot. And now he's looking for a job. And of this sound familiar @scorchy ? I'm a little surprised Farhan Zaidi somehow survived. And a little disappointed. Not that Kapler got canned, but that it stopped with him.
Gabe's brand of management did not play at all in a blue collar town like Philly - he was openly loathed by the talk radio crowd and lots of regular fans too. Maybe if he won, folks could have handled the vibe, but we'll never know.

I'm guessing the west coast is a bit less judgey about his personality, but still gotta win. IIRC, the Giants had like an 80 pct chance of making the playoffs on fangraphs just.a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread