What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

88-1496-11 & 106-1456-7 is not elite? What kind of numbers are you hoping MHJr is able to produce?
Yeah, I don’t know how anyone says AJB isn’t elite. Cmon
I literally engaged with you regarding total points and another poster provided statistics on PPG. Both are not at the top. I am not sure at this point if you are interested in an intelligent conversation or just trolling.

I have AJB outside the elite tier as well, if only by a smidge. However this argument of him not scoring 300 points is about as obtuse as it gets considering the last two years he’s scored 299 and 289 points.
300 isn't necessarily a threshold, but the players scoring above it are not just right at the 300 mark. Meno's PPG is the better way to look at it. Since that was already posted I didn't repeat it.
The last 3 years in my PPR leagues AJB had PPG:

The other WRs (above that 300 line):
Were scoring 20, 20, 21, 22, 22, 23, 23, 25 PPG
Kupp, Deebo, Adams, Jefferson, Hill, Lamb, and ARSB

You set the threshold at 300 when you said:

“Fantasy speaking he has never eclipsed 300 fantasy points.
A bar that Kupp, Deebo, Adams (2), Jefferson (2), Chase, T. Hill (2), Lamb, and ARSB all have as WRs the past few seasons.
Again, he is not in that elite tier”

The actual point here is the last few seasons, the elite fantasy WR scoring seasons are checking in with a range of about 330-400+ points. There are generally 3-4 players that hit that mark each year, but even within that tier there’s a pretty big gap between 330 and 400+. AJB has not reached that mark by any measurement, but he’s still in a separate pack from the more typical 200-250 point producer, of which there are many. So, he’s been a big difference maker, but also hasn’t reached that ultra elite producer tier.

I’ve always felt the community throws around WR1/WR2 etc way too loosely…like there’s 12 of each of them every year. There’s not. Last year for example I would say there were:

WR1: (2) Lamb, Tyreek
WR2: (1) ARSB (Keenan and Jefferson also by PPG)
WR3: (6) Puka, Nico, AJB, Moore, Evans, Chase

Etc and the tiers keep getting wider as you go along. Bottom line is we don’t put enough emphasis on that elite tier and the separation between it and the next couple.

So I’m sort of agreeing with you in general but when I see “never eclipsed 300 points” it’s like nails on a chalkboard because it’s an arbitrary figure and doesn’t get to the real point.

As to the trade…I don’t see AJB cracking the elite tier in Philly, so I can understand betting the 1.04 that whomever you draft at 1.01 might be able to. At worst, you’re probably getting extra 5 seasons of similar production as AJB, which is extremely valuable. I’d probably want to see landing spots before doing it, but I don’t think it’s an awful trade, particularly if you’re thinking the 1.04 is Bowers and not one of the 3 elite WR prospects.

It’s the kind of deal you could afford to do if you’ve built up a lot of value capital. At some point you have to win and the best way to do that is cash in value to maximize the weekly starting lineup.
Yes, which is why I switched to PPG. 300 threshold is not the point of any of my posts. I also agree that I find it to be nails on the chalkboard with those numbers when he was so close and didn’t do a good job of explaining it’s more about him being below all those that are 2-5+ ppg higher average in that elite tier.
I am not even defending my trade I called it an overpay, just some posts that are off track with needing MHJ top 5 this year for it to work out, AJB elite WR, etc

Yeah I agree with that sentiment. I’m not even sold on MHJ as the 1.01 until after Thursday but I’m probably going to value one of the WRs as on par with AJB.

At worst, you’re probably getting extra 5 seasons of similar production as AJB, which is extremely valuable
That’s really not a worst case scenario. I’d suggest that is a LOT closer to a “best case scenario” for any rookie WR.

I could easily come up with a dozen “at worst” statements that would eclipse that as worst case.

Henry Ruggs is worst case scenario. There’s a wide range of outcomes between Ruggs & what AJB gives you year after year. Even simple nagging soft tissue injuries or landing on a terrible offense would make this a bad deal. I’d list more but :deadhorse:

And AJB could just as easily tear his knee up in week 1. Gotta trust your evaluations and I got several galaxies between Ruggs and these three rookie WRs.

At worst, you’re probably getting extra 5 seasons of similar production as AJB, which is extremely valuable
That’s really not a worst case scenario. I’d suggest that is a LOT closer to a “best case scenario” for any rookie WR.

I could easily come up with a dozen “at worst” statements that would eclipse that as worst case.

Henry Ruggs is worst case scenario. There’s a wide range of outcomes between Ruggs & what AJB gives you year after year. Even simple nagging soft tissue injuries or landing on a terrible offense would make this a bad deal. I’d list more but :deadhorse:

And AJB could just as easily tear his knee up in week 1. Gotta trust your evaluations and I got several galaxies between Ruggs and these three rookie WRs.
Never said anyone was guaranteed to stay healthy.

My point is that there is value to proven commodities.

Saying these 3 rookie WRs “worst case” is AJB seems optimistic, to say the least.

And betting the 1.04 + AJB that it’s true even moreso.

ETA: I’ll ask you the question I posited earlier - would you rather have one of those 3 rookies, or CeeDee Lamb?

Because I’d be willing to bet 1.04 +
AJB gets you Lamb in a deal. What about JJ? My trade calcs have that extremely close as well.

If the goal is to get an “elite” WR & younger at that, why not try that route rather than target a rookie?

Never said anyone was guaranteed to stay healthy.

My point is that there is value to proven commodities.

Saying these 3 rookie WRs “worst case” is AJB seems optimistic, to say the least.

And betting the 1.04 + AJB that it’s true even moreso.

ETA: I’ll ask you the question I posited earlier - would you rather have one of those 3 rookies, or CeeDee Lamb?

Because I’d be willing to bet 1.04 +
AJB gets you Lamb in a deal. What about JJ? My trade calcs have that extremely close as well.

If the goal is to get an “elite” WR & younger at that, why not try that route rather than target a rookie?

You make good points for sure and I’m not saying I’d make the deal that was made. More like I can see how they arrived at that conclusion and am just evaluating the trade that was made rather than alternatives.

However as it relates to the rookies, I’m making my evals and sticking to them rather than worrying about worst cases. My only point about injury is that of course there are worstest cases that apply in both directions. Making up words for dramatic effect lol. Biggest problem for me with this deal is we don’t know landing spots yet and that really makes a difference to me if paying such a hefty price.

non TE premium if you aren't a top 5 tight end you are barely worth rostering. The tier 2 bucket of potential starters is large and basically undifferentiated. I'd take a well drafted young running back over one of them every time.
I think you nailed it, or at least encapsulated the way my league seems to value developmental TEs in a non-premium. Fantasypros and KTR dynasty rankings had Mayer just ahead of Miller, which is supposed to be based on non-premium TE. The fact that I was willing to offer it and that the other guy wasn't tempted enough to make any kind of counter that included Mayer tells me that Mayer probably should be knocked down a bit, but it obviously depends on specific roster sizes.

No brainer for my situation sitting on Kelce-Kincaid-Goedert-Mayer-Musgrave-Kraft and not a lot of compelling RBs to backfill my starters. 24-man rosters, keeping 19 into the draft. The glut of TEs I drafted / picked up in 2023 isn't working out. Neither Packer ran away with it, so I'm very likely going to be in a situation where I'm cutting both of them unless someone gets dinged. Selling Goedert or Kelce for a lot less than what I'm going to feel good about might also be in the mix.

Took a big swing on a talented TE class last season hoping someone would buck the trend and have a LaPorta-esque season or flash to the extent that Hockenson did his rookie year. Didn't work out. The Kincaid selection was fine as a backfill to Kelce. Should've let everyone else go despite value that seemed too tempting to pass up. Depth rb is the better play with those spots.

Some continued movement in this league after learning that our draft is getting bumped up to post-NFL draft.

Sent: AJ Dillon + Musgrave
Received: Tyjae Spears

Pretty thrilled considering that both of my Packers were prime candidates not to make my pre-draft cutdown from 24 to 19. The other owner has room and need a TE. I initially offered Mayer + Dillon and was rejected with a note that it was a solid offer but that he was really high on Spears. Felt sheepish about turning around and offering Dillon with what I figured was a slightly inferior developmental TE in Musgrave for Jaylen Warren. To my surprise, he rejected that and countered with Spears in place of Warren. Sometimes you never know without trying.

Biggest problem for me with this deal is we don’t know landing spots yet and that really makes a difference to me if paying such a hefty price.
Yep - I’ve mentioned that a couple times. That absolutely adds risk to dealing for rookie picks pre-NFL draft.
But that also means it can present great value opportunities to deal for said picks pre-NFL draft.

Biggest problem for me with this deal is we don’t know landing spots yet and that really makes a difference to me if paying such a hefty price.
Yep - I’ve mentioned that a couple times. That absolutely adds risk to dealing for rookie picks pre-NFL draft.
But that also means it can present great value opportunities to deal for said picks pre-NFL draft.
Right, that 1.01 might get more expensive!

just some posts that are off track with needing MHJ top 5 this year for it to work out, AJB elite WR, etc
Respectfully, whether it’s this year or next, at some point MH2 absolutely must hit that “elite tier” as you defined it, or literally every argument you just made about PPG or 300 points per season is completely moot.

Because the cost of MH2 was AJB + 1.04

The purpose of the deal was to upgrade & get a player who was more elite than AJB, again, according to your own definitions.

Not really sure why pointing that out would be in any way controversial.
100% agree that at some point he needs to hit that. I disagreed that it needed to happen in year 1.

just some posts that are off track with needing MHJ top 5 this year for it to work out, AJB elite WR, etc
Respectfully, whether it’s this year or next, at some point MH2 absolutely must hit that “elite tier” as you defined it, or literally every argument you just made about PPG or 300 points per season is completely moot.

The purpose of the deal was to upgrade & get a player who was more elite than AJB, again, according to your own definitions.

100% agree that at some point he needs to hit that. I disagreed that it needed to happen in year 1.
Lost in this debate is the fact that this is a hobby that is supposed to be fun. Getting young players with potential is part of that although there is not an exact formula to represent that value. Good luck with your trade, hope it enhances your experience.

Lost in this debate is the fact that this is a hobby that is supposed to be fun. Getting young players with potential is part of that although there is not an exact formula to represent that value. Good luck with your trade, hope it enhances your experience.
Don’t disagree with that aspect at all.

That said, spending. AJB + 1.04 for 1.01 would be the opposite of fun for me.

Opinions on that may certainly vary. ;)

Yeah you didn’t grow up loving the colts in the height of Peyton to Marvin Harrison.
That is the definition of fun grabbing his stud son

Yeah you didn’t grow up loving the colts in the height of Peyton to Marvin Harrison.
Jones to Carr is the best by far……..jk.

I saw you say “I’m a Colts fan” earlier and somehow this aspect did not dawn on me. Went right over my head lol.

Good luck. Don’t think it’s terrible and hope it works out for you.

technically, I did. I rostered Marvin Harrison Senior for years in FF.

Last edited:

You loved the colts?

You loved the colts?
I loved MH, and by extension I loved the Colts. They were fun to watch. Manning was one of my favorite players.

People are allowed to like things besides their own favorite teams you know. 💡

You loved the colts?
I loved MH, and by extension I loved the Colts. They were fun to watch. Manning was one of my favorite players.

People are allowed to like things besides their own favorite teams you know. 💡
Please don't use the lightbulb emoji like that.

Non-PPR 14 teamer - 1 QB - Start 1 RB/1WR/3 flex, TE lumped in with WR, not a separate position.

I've got a fairly young team, hoping for an aggressive rebuild - have the 6, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18 and 22 this year, and have 2 1sts next year.

I dealt the 7 and 12 for the 1.03

Draft day trade (not involved) 1QB PPR

DSwift

For

Swift is super undervalued relative to his performance. Solid deal to pay this if you need a RB though I'd have waited until after tonight to see if I might prefer and be able to get one of the rookie RB's first, this would have been my backup plan instead of my initial plan.
My thoughts exactly.

DSwift

For

Swift is super undervalued relative to his performance. Solid deal to pay this if you need a RB though I'd have waited until after tonight to see if I might prefer and be able to get one of the rookie RB's first, this would have been my backup plan instead of my initial plan.
While I agree he might be "undervalued" by a regime that sought him, he has not performed up to expectations and in a new offense, with multiple mouths to feed, he is not the #1 Alpha. Too many other clear high caliber targets rated over him in DJ Moore, Keenan Allen & Rome Odunze. With Rosco & Kahlil each offering different skill sets, I am just not sure why you would pay the 1.06 for Swift.

While he does not need 20+ touches to show value, his injury history and limited usage are more evidence he won't see but 5-10 touches in Chicago now. He would be too TD dependent for 1st round cost IMO.
Feel free to disagree and I have no problem with those who value him high. Just count me out.

DSwift

For

While I agree he might be "undervalued" by a regime that sought him, he has not performed up to expectations and in a new offense, with multiple mouths to feed, he is not the #1 Alpha. Too many other clear high caliber targets rated over him in DJ Moore, Keenan Allen & Rome Odunze. With Rosco & Kahlil each offering different skill sets, I am just not sure why you would pay the 1.06 for Swift.

While he does not need 20+ touches to show value, his injury history and limited usage are more evidence he won't see but 5-10 touches in Chicago now. He would be too TD dependent for 1st round cost IMO.
Feel free to disagree and I have no problem with those who value him high. Just count me out.
I think I disagree with every singe thing you are saying. ETA-except the fact he's shown he does not need 20 touches.

Not met expectations: He's averaged 14.2 fantasy points a game in his career, which is typically going to be in the RB10-15 range.

Injury history: overblown big time. Has missed 10 games in his career, 7 his first two years, 3 total over the last two seasons. For a position with a lot of injuries this is not bad. Please don't mention he was not 100% in all game, this is accounted for the PPG.

Other mouths to feed: this staff did not draft Herbert. This staff did make Swift one of the first signings in the entire NFL when FA opened and gave him the third best RB contract with the second most guarantees. I kind of think they did not just do that blindly, without having a specific plan/role in mind worthy of that commitment. I got nothing nice to say about the take of him only seeing 5-10 touches a game.

DSwift

For

I think I disagree with every singe thing you are saying. ETA-except the fact he's shown he does not need 20 touches.

Not met expectations: He's averaged 14.2 fantasy points a game in his career, which is typically going to be in the RB10-15 range.

Injury history: overblown big time. Has missed 10 games in his career, 7 his first two years, 3 total over the last two seasons. For a position with a lot of injuries this is not bad. Please don't mention he was not 100% in all game, this is accounted for the PPG.

Other mouths to feed: this staff did not draft Herbert. This staff did make Swift one of the first signings in the entire NFL when FA opened and gave him the third best RB contract with the second most guarantees. I kind of think they did not just do that blindly, without having a specific plan/role in mind worthy of that commitment. I got nothing nice to say about the take of him only seeing 5-10 touches a game.
Situationally, he is in a better spot now than at any point in his career. Explosive RB with a good offense that doesn't execute the tush push. I think he will have a better season just due to the amount of goalline work he will receive versus last year.

@menobrown - I appreciate and accept your points as valid. I can see your logic.
Maybe I am just bitter since I don't own any shares after trying to acquire him.
New staff and new QB in a whole new Offense, anything is possible.
Thanks for the feedback!
Welcome sir, thanks for the exchange and to be clear I would NOT pay 1.6 for him right now but I think he might be worth that to a contending team in need of a RB, depending on how the rest of the draft shakes out.

A few weeks ago I posted here that I traded him for basically 1.8 in one league but I'm deep at RB and that had some roster cutdown implications. I got another league with pick 8 and that is my most dire RB needy team, by far. Depending on how I rank my top 8 players out after the draft I might offer that for him in that league, and I'll just add if I got a WR ranked over him I'll stay true to my rankings and worry about need later. I just think he's a strong candidate to return RB10-15 value for the next two years at least and that could be worth a mid first if you need that.

16 team IDP PPR TE 1.5 1 QB (not involved)

Kyle Pitts
for
4th round 2025
Zach Kuntz
Asante Samuel

So Basically the 1.11 and a future 4th for the guy who he took at the 1.01 a few years ago.

Wow hold him all this time and sell him for that when they finally get a QB ? WTF

Trade never happened the guy accepted but then said it was a mistake and it was cancelled.

Last edited:

Kyle Pitts
for
4th round 2025
Zach Kuntz
Asante Samuel

So Basically the 1.11 and a future 4th for the guy who he took at the 1.01 a few years ago.

Wow hold him all this time and sell him for that when they finally get a QB ? WTF
Moreover, a QB who turns TEs into FF studs.

No way I would take that for Pitts in the league I have him. Not a chance.

Kyle Pitts
for
4th round 2025
Zach Kuntz
Asante Samuel

I traded him for TreVeyon Henderson in DEVY. We will see…..

Kyle Pitts
for
4th round 2025
Zach Kuntz
Asante Samuel

I traded him for TreVeyon Henderson in DEVY. We will see…..
I don’t mind that - Henderson would have been a top 3 pick in standard format had he come out last year or this. He’s potentially Bijan quality IMO. All you need is a good landing spot.

1.11 & change isn’t enough.

Users who are viewing this thread