What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pizzaguys - The definitive "Making pizza at home" thread (1 Viewer)

Dont have an ooni, but have the walmart knock off.

A while back I started making crusts from scratch and then par-baking them in my regular oven first.

We like to load our pizzas up and I was finding that the mass of pizza was just too much for the stone and it would cool it too much. Also in order to keep the back from burning I was rotating it like crazy and obviously letting too much heat escape.

How long and what temp do you use to parbake the crust?

Dont have an ooni, but have the walmart knock off.

A while back I started making crusts from scratch and then par-baking them in my regular oven first.

We like to load our pizzas up and I was finding that the mass of pizza was just too much for the stone and it would cool it too much. Also in order to keep the back from burning I was rotating it like crazy and obviously letting too much heat escape.

How long and what temp do you use to parbake the crust?
400 degrees. Probably about 3 minutes per side. Honestly not positive, kind of a feel thing at this point. Depends on how thick we are doing it.

I have become a fan of a sweeter whole wheat crust and that i do longer for sure.

Been on quite a kick these days. Routinely have friends over and do a pizza fest. Here's how I am rolling these days.

Make 3 types of dough a couple days before hand. Neopolitan dough (enough for four 12 inch pies), Detroit style (enough for 1 large and 1 small - I have two sizes of the Lloyd pans), NY style dough (enough for two ~16 inch pies). Cold ferment all of these, anywhere from 1-4 days. Three days seems optimal.

Sometimes 3 types of sauce, more generally just two. A cooked down flavorful for the Detroit. And then mostly just a good can of whole peeled tomatoes - Bianco DiNapoli are my favorite, strained, pulsed with immersion blender with just salt.

Take out Detroit doughs at 11 AM or so let them come to room temp for a few hours. Oil up the pans, put those doughs in their pan around 2:00. Push them to edges little bit a few times over the next couple hours. Take out other doughs at 4:00. Fire up oven to highest temp with pizza steel. Let it heat up for 2 hours. Turn on Ooni at 5:15, let that thing get roaring for 30-45 minutes.

6:00 start the cooking fest. Put both Detroits in on top of pizza steel, let them cook 15-25 minutes. Bust out a couple Neapolitan in that time. So come 6:30 or so, will have 2 Detroits and 2 or 3 Neopolitan. Will shape the NY and put that in the oven soon after - let that guy cook for 15-20 minutes. Make the last Neapolitan in the Ooni at same time. And finally if we are still hungry, will shape that last NY and try and muscle our way through it.

Users who are viewing this thread