What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Burrow, CIN (2 Viewers)

How are people projecting Burrow? Yeah, there's the injuries but I also seem to remember talk about Cincy always getting off to a slow start because of how they handle pre-season reps. I may be remembering this wrong but does this ring a bell? Any reason to think they would correct this if true?
As a Bengals fan, that is what I recall happening the last couple years. Maybe they'll learn a lesson from it and take advantage of preseason more.

How are people projecting Burrow? Yeah, there's the injuries but I also seem to remember talk about Cincy always getting off to a slow start because of how they handle pre-season reps. I may be remembering this wrong but does this ring a bell? Any reason to think they would correct this if true?
As a Bengals fan, that is what I recall happening the last couple years. Maybe they'll learn a lesson from it and take advantage of preseason more.
Was it because they kept Burrow and maybe other starters out of the preseason longer than what is normal? Seems like something to watch this pre-season.

Was it because they kept Burrow and maybe other starters out of the preseason longer than what is normal? Seems like something to watch this pre-season.
Yep. Very minimal time for a lot of starters. Well the one year Burrow had to have an appendectomy and I think that kept him out.

Bengals have rested a lot of their oline starters in preseason. 2 years ago, they just looked lost and not gelling early in season. Cost em a spot at home field some of the early losses.

Burrows calf injury was dumb. Rolling out on a rain soaked grass clumpy field the turf just gave and so did his calf. Hindsight is 20/20, but coaches should have called off that team period.

ACL he was hit low. Wrist injury....not sure. Not ready to call him injury prone just yet. 1 more though, yeah, he will be labeled glass joe somewhat understandably

Hi guys, haven't been back here in some time.....
I had scapholunate ligament surgery about 15 years ago. I played alot of ball, lifted, etc....and I know his is obviously different than mine, but today after reading (yeah, I'm slow) what his injury was, I immediately put him on the block in all my dynasty leagues.
FWIW, my limitations--range of motion is 65%, better than the 50% they thought. I can't do a regular pushup, for example, has to be on knuckles or use dumbells. I also play and coach alot of baseball, and I can't "snap" my wrist when I throw either a baseball or football (yeah, I was a QB, but a pretty bad one).
I know comparing an amateur athlete in good shape to a professional is silly, but just wanted to throw out this word of warning.....

Hi guys, haven't been back here in some time.....
I had scapholunate ligament surgery about 15 years ago. I played alot of ball, lifted, etc....and I know his is obviously different than mine, but today after reading (yeah, I'm slow) what his injury was, I immediately put him on the block in all my dynasty leagues.
FWIW, my limitations--range of motion is 65%, better than the 50% they thought. I can't do a regular pushup, for example, has to be on knuckles or use dumbells. I also play and coach alot of baseball, and I can't "snap" my wrist when I throw either a baseball or football (yeah, I was a QB, but a pretty bad one).
I know comparing an amateur athlete in good shape to a professional is silly, but just wanted to throw out this word of warning.....
Thumbs up not for good news but for good info. Someone I used to work with was a very experienced bowler, and he said bowlers who had the injury that Burrow had, don't return to bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread