What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question about LeagueSafe (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I know when the setting is set to accept credit cards there is a 4% fee charged for paying your league fees, but in the past the E-Check setting didn't charge a fee.  Now I'm seeing this.

2019 Settings 

Payment Settings

Payments can be made with E-Check

Free payments can be made via e-check (an electronic transaction using your bank account) only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2020 Settings

Payment Settings

Credit/Debit Card or E-check

A 4% processing fee applies to all payment options (except balance).

Did LeagueSafe change their fee charging in 2020?  If yes, just another sneaky way to make more money.

If they do charge a fee now for e-check, is there a way to transfer money from your PayPal to your leagueSafe balance so I won't get charged a fee when paying my league fees?

Last edited by a moderator:
Change the setting:

Your payment setting: E-check only

All owners can make free payments via E-check (an electronic transfer from their bank account).

Modifying this setting will automatically distribute an email notification to all unpaid league members.

Change the setting:
I know changing this to E-Check worked for 2019, but not so sure for 2020 because of this

2020 Setting Documentation from LeagueSafe

Payment Settings

Credit/Debit Card or E-check

A 4% processing fee applies to all payment options (except balance).

This setting from 2019 no longer applies I'm afraid

2019 Settings documentation from LeagueSafe

Payment Settings 

Payments can be made with E-Check

Free payments can be made via e-check (an electronic transaction using your bank account) only.

Or am I just reading this wrong?  If so, I'll ask the commish to change it to e-check and see if a fee pops up when paying.

I just changed the setting in my league and pasted the E-check only text.
Thanks.  I posted a message in our league for the commish to change from credit card to e-check and then I'll pay my fees.  I don't want to pay $8 if I don't have to.  I believe it's BS the way LeagueSafe does this.  The commish shouldn't have to keep setting this back and forth.  The software should be smart enough to recognize when a payment is made by credit card and charge the fee and if payment is made by e-check not to charge the fee.  It's just another way LeagueSafe is making it harder on the commish and hopefully get those who make payment by e-check when the setting is set to credit card or e-check, to make more money.

JohnnyU said:
Thanks.  I posted a message in our league for the commish to change from credit card to e-check and then I'll pay my fees.  I don't want to pay $8 if I don't have to.  I believe it's BS the way LeagueSafe does this.  The commish shouldn't have to keep setting this back and forth.  The software should be smart enough to recognize when a payment is made by credit card and charge the fee and if payment is made by e-check not to charge the fee.  It's just another way LeagueSafe is making it harder on the commish and hopefully get those who make payment by e-check when the setting is set to credit card or e-check, to make more money.
Yes I hate league safe and think that are completely taking advantage of people. I will never use them in any of my leagues where I am commish

Question for any LeagueSafe users. Transitioned a local $$$ League LeagueSafe for this Season. Seems like LeagueSafe automatically sets up a date by which League dues must be pait (today, 09/29/2021) or they automatically apply a late fee. We did not know about this when we joined. To the best of my knowledge (this was handled by an Exec Comm Member and the League Treasurer - I have too much on my plate to deal with it firsthand), we had no knowledge of this going in. Hmm...

Our Members agreed to give LeagueSafe a tryout this year, and prior to signing up. The agreement we had was that everyone have League dues paid by the week prior to the trade deadline. This is a 20+ year local, we all know each other, there's no problem with $, it's just that we're all getting spread out over the area and collecting/distributing is getting to be a PITA, so we're trying to centralize everything. Because of our relationships, the usual modus operendi was to both collect and distribute at the end of the Season, so even collecting by the trade deadline is a big change, much less 09/29/21.

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of what appears to be a LeagueSafe autosetting that charges that late fee if Members haven't paid by today? It totally flies against everything our League is about, and several Members are annoyed because it wasn't something we knew about when we agreed to give LeagueSafe a tryout.

Thanks!

Question for any LeagueSafe users. Transitioned a local $$$ League LeagueSafe for this Season. Seems like LeagueSafe automatically sets up a date by which League dues must be pait (today, 09/29/2021) or they automatically apply a late fee. We did not know about this when we joined. To the best of my knowledge (this was handled by an Exec Comm Member and the League Treasurer - I have too much on my plate to deal with it firsthand), we had no knowledge of this going in. Hmm...

Our Members agreed to give LeagueSafe a tryout this year, and prior to signing up. The agreement we had was that everyone have League dues paid by the week prior to the trade deadline. This is a 20+ year local, we all know each other, there's no problem with $, it's just that we're all getting spread out over the area and collecting/distributing is getting to be a PITA, so we're trying to centralize everything. Because of our relationships, the usual modus operendi was to both collect and distribute at the end of the Season, so even collecting by the trade deadline is a big change, much less 09/29/21.

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of what appears to be a LeagueSafe autosetting that charges that late fee if Members haven't paid by today? It totally flies against everything our League is about, and several Members are annoyed because it wasn't something we knew about when we agreed to give LeagueSafe a tryout.

Thanks!
You can change both the payment deadline and the late fee setting through League Settings. The payment deadline can only be set to an earlier date that the default LS deadline (for NFL, that is today). The late fee setting can be turned on or off, but if you turn it off, you no longer have the ability to pay into LS after the deadline.

LeagueSafe is a for-profit business that only makes money by using your deposited money over the length of the sports season. They don't charge a fee for the service. If you wait until late in the season to allow owners to pay, they don't make any money, and can no longer provide the service - thus, the reason for the late charge. Just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread