What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tony Pollard, TEN (1 Viewer)

Titans believe Tony Pollard, Tyjae Spears can replace Derrick Henry's production

Excerpts:

Pollard's one-year stint as the workhorse in Dallas didn't pay off, but he still has the skill set to work between the tackles. Both he and Spears own dynamic ability in the passing game and could do damage as check-down options for Will Levis.

Fantasy football managers might not like to hear Jordan's comments that Spears and Pollard can be used interchangeably, splitting carries and reps. Still, it will make the Titans' offense more diverse and unpredictable under Callahan.

The OL is not as bad as many think but it will hinge a bit on Latham a rookie Left Tackle
Skoronski had a solid 1st year cut short a bit with some injuries but Latham-Skoronski-Cushenberry is your Left side working into the Center where they let Brewer go to Miami and grabbed Cush from Denver, they ranked similar to PFF last season.

Pollard can easily find 250 touches in this offense over 17 games as long as he stays healthy
RB 24 off the board, scrams value IMHO
MoP says take the value.
Grabbed Pollard and Ekeler the other day in the 6th-7th-8th round range on the Sleeper App, they were my RB3 and RB4, both would be potential Flex-1 Flex-2 choices
I fail to see the down side here. Spears is a CoP back and could still see a lot of touches teaming up with Pollard.
Add in all the skill positions and talent they have brought in and drafted, this offense will be greatly improved this season

Spears is the better play here .. He’s almost like younger Pollard with less mileage on his body. I see Spears starting by mid season.
Pollard is 27, he's not that old
3 yrs/$24M...if they were going to start Spears, they could have done this much cheaper and just drafted another RB in the 4th or 5th round to go behind Spears.
It doesn't quite add up is all I'm trying to say.
I wouldn't short change Pollard over last season, he's proven he is capable of being a Top 20 RB in FF, even higher some years.
But I like the upside potential you see in Spears

Last edited:
The OL is not as bad as many think but it will hinge a bit on Latham a rookie Left Tackle
Skoronski had a solid 1st year cut short a bit with some injuries but Latham-Skoronski-Cushenberry is your Left side working into the Center where they let Brewer go to Miami and grabbed Cush from Denver, they ranked similar to PFF last season.

Pollard can easily find 250 touches in this offense over 17 games as long as he stays healthy
RB 24 off the board, scrams value IMHO
MoP says take the value.
Grabbed Pollard and Ekeler the other day in the 6th-7th-8th round range on the Sleeper App, they were my RB3 and RB4, both would be potential Flex-1 Flex-2 choices
I fail to see the down side here. Spears is a CoP back and could still see a lot of touches teaming up with Pollard.
Add in all the skill positions and talent they have brought in and drafted, this offense will be greatly improved this season
This a legit good OL in my opinion. Top-12 for sure, with upside if Latham hits. Its better than what he'd have had he stayed in Dallas.

I do think the Titans offense is going to be a lot different than it has been in years past with a new staff and no Henry. This is gonna be a pass 1st team in my eyes, so 250 touches is probably unrealistic unless Spears is either hurt, or Pollard is back to his 2022 efficiency. I don't know that Pollard/Spears combine for 400 touches.

I do like Pollard a lot if he's there in round 7. There is a great chance last year was more about his foot injury than anything else. PFF did have him as their #1 RB in rush grade from week 11 on, even though it didn't show up in his fantasy numbers. I thought he should have had a bigger market than he did, as a Bears fan, I'd have preferred Pollard to Swift and they got the same deal.

Spears is the better play here .. He’s almost like younger Pollard with less mileage on his body. I see Spears starting by mid season.
I like Spears more myself but I also am buying what the Titans are selling and don't think it's a "starter" type of situation so much as an interchangeable one but I think Spears will do more with his touches.

Titans believe Tony Pollard, Tyjae Spears can replace Derrick Henry's production

Excerpts:

Pollard's one-year stint as the workhorse in Dallas didn't pay off, but he still has the skill set to work between the tackles. Both he and Spears own dynamic ability in the passing game and could do damage as check-down options for Will Levis.

Fantasy football managers might not like to hear Jordan's comments that Spears and Pollard can be used interchangeably, splitting carries and reps. Still, it will make the Titans' offense more diverse and unpredictable under Callahan.
I am enthused by Callahan and the new staff. One gripe I have is ya need a pile mover and the game isn't always pretty.
He sounds like a lot of coaches that have overstated "usefulness" of scatbacks only to have to use a hard nosed runner.
It's a different time, different day...I'm not buying it.
I expected to be past Chestnut now. A free agent or adored drafted back would have me pushing him to the rearview. I'm still stuck on him though and I don't feel comfy with it.

A Brian Westbrook emulation would be my ceiling for the Sharpe and Pollard combo. Brian was tough as nails and smooth between the tackles. I'll give ya that Pollard has some highlights that could resemble Westbrook but I watch Dallas often and that's not his norm at all.

Gotta add- I've seen a lot of Cincy games where I didn't much feel like they wanted to use Mixon. It's a requirement to keep Ds honest and helps counter defensive subs...it felt less important. Callahan got the WRs he wanted so I don't see why the backs will get all this usage that you'd want a share. ADP will dictate this, no doubt, but right now I'm thinking Levis and the WRs maybe Chestnut with my last pick. I'm not sold at all

Users who are viewing this thread