What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft-WR2/3s after about 20 come off the board. ADP 5th Rd thru the 9th Rd (2 Viewers)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Ridley-Samuel-Cooper-K.Allen are gone after about 40-45 picks into the Draft.

In 12 team redrafts let's focus on the middle Rounds and see who is worth a grab and which ones are JAG at the end of the day.
Hopefully you have 1 WR in the first 4 rounds of the draft to anchor your team. There are some good values in the coming rounds but there is also a lot of just Meh/Avg

5th Rd
D.Hopkins...the Titans don't throw enough passes to keep him happy or his investors
DJ Moore...I am having a hard time wrapping my arms lovingly around the Bears offense right now
T.McLaurin...there is another Washington WR I am interested in at a lower price point
Jerry Jeudy ...all signs point to him being targeted a lot for the Broncos this season
Christian Watson...did well as a Rookie, seems to be the WR1 in the offense right now. Big play capability, might be best suited as a WR3
Mike Williams...Didn't the Chargers draft a rookie WR that has been doing well in camp? Williams misses time with injuries. Started 11-14-13 last 3 years pus weeks he's playing hurt just to be out there.

-Jeudy, Watson and then DJ Moore would be how I would look at them in here. Others may feel much differently.

6th Rd

D.London...8th overall pick last year, Pitts was taken Top5 IIRC, BRob #8 this year, lot of investment in high priced toys. Hope to see it start to come together. 72/866 last year
C.Godwin...still a quality WR, another year removed from his ACL injury, still puke when I see the hit he took on that injury in '21.
B.Aiyuk...781,015/8TDs, yeah I was surprised, maybe it's 800/7 this year but he started all 17 games last year and Purdy likes to throw to him.
T.Lockett...has to fight off a good looking rookie that wants his job.

-Aiyuk seems like a simple choice here and perhaps he isn't an every week starter but can be part of a decent rotation at WR3/Flex, etc...you'll find room for him. London should improve but Atlanta still seems like a work in progress that might need a new head coach at some point that has a better mind for the offense.

7th Rd
Christian Kirk...WR12 last year going in the WR 30+ range, easy value and an easy part of a 2-3 WR coup here in the middle rounds if you were not able to grab several early in the Draft.
Diontae Johnson...Usually gets between 85-100 catches, low avg per catch, will need to rebound in TDs to make him more valuable. Failed to score 1 last year.
Mike Evans ...Aging, subpar QB play, his skill set does not match what the Bucs are offering at QB this year. Could be a possible trade a few weeks into the season.
George Pickens...Some love him and some are very questionable on his ability to rise past his draft position this season.
Michael Pittman, Jr...Wildcard at QB that some say won't throw for 2,500 yds, that would put a ceiling on Pittman this year.

-I would not hesitate on Kirk, even a dip in numbers would make him about Top 20, already has a good connection with Lawrence, Ridley will take coverage away from him.

8th Rd
Hollywood Brown...poor offense that most don't want much to do with.
Jaxson-Smith Njiba...camp reports are sensational on this rookie. If you have a keeper or two in your Redraft, don't let him get on someone else's roster permanently or you'll be sorry.
Jordan Addison...another great looking rookie that has some serious elite WR on the other side of him lining up and forcing double coverage, they can't double cover everyone.
Johan Dotson...35/523/7TD, seems like he's TD dependent but #16 overall pick a year ago, he wasn't drafted to be a safe set of hands, he's there to make plays. Only played about 10 games last year
Brandin Cooks...Should be open a lot with Lamb drawing double coverage. 70/900/6TDs as the 2nd fiddle at WR and I think he could do even more if his catch total rises.
Treylon Burks...think he's been hurt already in camp. Competing with Hopkins, not ideal for me.
Michael Thomas...Nothing like when he was in his prime but still will hit the stat box every so often.

-I like Dotson a lot in this group with a path to start immediately in Week 1. Jaxson-Smith might take a few weeks to force his way into the line up. Addison will flash as well, Cooks is a reliable set of hands, easy WR 3/Flex option for many.

9th Rd
ODB...feels like an easy choice this far into the draft.
JuJu
Courtland
Gabe Davis...let's talk
Kadaruis Toney...they did trade for him

-I think Davis is being way undersold now. Last season he went too high, this year I love him after 40WRs are off the board, he battled injuries all year, if he stays healthy he can cruise to 1,000 yds and 6-8 TDs.
-ODB is also a WR I would like to have for bye week fill ins and see if he can do a lot more than that for my team.

What say you and which WRs are you looking at in the middle rounds of Redrafts?

Agree on Gabe Davis. He's one of those guys who will surprise, but in hindsight shouldn't have surprised anyone.

Also high on Diontae. The touchdowns will come. First team looks really good so far in pre-season. This is a well coached team that could surprise.

1-Tyreek Hill
2-AJ Brown/T.Pollard, like either of them around there
3-J.Gibbs
4-B.Hall/A.Jones/Kenny Walker

5-Jeudy/Watson or maybe Trevor Lawrence at QB, I like him a lot this year.
6-James Cook at RB because I don't love the WRs around there, maybe Aiyuk.
7-Christian Kirk at WR, easy for me
8-Johan Dotson
9-Gabe Davis

Hill-AJB-Gibbs-Jones-Lawrence-Cook-Kirk-Dotson-ODB and other than TE you look pretty strong despite waiting to get your RBs.
or...
Hill-Pollard-Gibbs-Walker-Jeudy-Cook-Kirk-Dotson-Davis and that would give you 5WRs and 4 RBs to start off with, likely going to be the last to take QB and TE.

I think people are really dismissing Mike Williams too quickly. Don't see Johnston as a threat at all, and Williams is a year removed from being WR9, and even last year was WR22 when he was playing.

I also like Jeudy and especially Watson a ton. London and Diontae I think are solid picks in those areas, though Diontae seems to be going in round 5 in drafts I've done. In round 7, he's a huge steal.

I have never seen Beckham called ODB, I had to think for like 2 minutes who you meant, assuming its Beckham that is. OBJ I've seen, OBD is either a rapper or a wrestler.

I think people are really dismissing Mike Williams too quickly. Don't see Johnston as a threat at all, and Williams is a year removed from being WR9, and even last year was WR22 when he was playing.

I also like Jeudy and especially Watson a ton. London and Diontae I think are solid picks in those areas, though Diontae seems to be going in round 5 in drafts I've done. In round 7, he's a huge steal.

I have never seen Beckham called ODB, I had to think for like 2 minutes who you meant, assuming its Beckham that is. OBJ I've seen, OBD is either a rapper or a wrestler.
(moving Williams back on my list of acceptable WRs, check!)

Users who are viewing this thread