What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie WR Most Likely to Become Elite (1 Viewer)

Which of the 2023 rookie WR's has the greatest likelihood to become an elite WR in his career?

• Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Votes: 67 59.3%
  • Jordan Addison

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Quentin Johnston

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Zay Flowers

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • other

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

eighsse2

Footballguy
Which of the 2023 rookie WR's has the greatest likelihood to become an elite fantasy WR for a substantial time period in his career?

We're talking, Hill, Adams, Kupp, Jefferson -- guys like this. Not just really good. Elite.

It's easy to say "JSN, he's ranked the highest, essentially, everywhere." But even if he is expected to be the best of the crop all-around, might any of the other top prospects have attributes giving them a better probability of reaching the top tier, specifically?

JSN seems to have the pedigree and professional route running to get there. Jayden Reed would be my darkhorse. He's got a great all around skillset to do it all at the NFL level.

QJ...you have to consider all three things - talent, qb situation, offense

QJ is the only person on here with all three things. he is going to play his entire qb with a top 3 qb in this league. he has two older wrs to take over from

JSN probably has the most talent but his situation stinks. Their QB situation is iffy, they like to run the ball and Metcalf is a stud

JSN seems like the chalk play here due to ability but as previously mentioned situation is tough behind 2 really really good receivers who hardly get injured.

I'll take Quentin.

Has Mike Williams (All-Injury Team) and Keenan Allen (aging possession guy now) in front of him, a QB who should put up passing numbers for years, has jump ball size, with elite YAC numbers in college.

Not a bulletproof prospect (none of these guys are), but has best physical profile, and maaaybe best situation. Who is JSN's QB in two years?

I'll take Quentin.

Has Mike Williams (All-Injury Team) and Keenan Allen (aging possession guy now) in front of him, a QB who should put up passing numbers for years, has jump ball size, with elite YAC numbers in college.

Not a bulletproof prospect (none of these guys are), but has best physical profile, and maaaybe best situation. Who is JSN's QB in two years?
He certainly has a beautiful opportunity

Voted Addison. To me, he “has the IT factor” on talent, desire and heart.
I think JSN & QJ both have high ceiling I just think Addison has the elite potential

I'll take Quentin.

He certainly has a beautiful opportunity
How hyped would JSN be if he dropped one more pick to the chargers? As the draft unfolded being the owner of 1.02 in my dynasty league that’s what I started hoping for then the Seahawks took him right before what would’ve been a great scenario for him to walk into
as it stands now I’ll most likely bet on the talent like I usually do and grab JSN early in the draft

Last edited:
JSN is ready right now....no question.

Flowers to me is a massive Star waiting to happen but he is in an offense with Lamar Jackson who has never had an elite WR to speak of. Can Lamar make Flowers reach his full potential? OR vice a versa? I love Flowers compete level, and ball skills.....they jump off the page.

Both of these guys to me are potential elite guys.

JSN feels like the "lock to be a stud" type of prospect.
We have the "situation" conversation every summer. Cream rises to the top and all of that.

I think Addison is also likely to be very good. I had my concerns on Johnston going into the draft. Being a 1st round WR tied to Herbert helps a lot.

Thanks for the input, everyone. Very surprised to see such a low number on Addison. Wonder if his bonehead mistake has people shying away, or if the votes would have been similar a couple weeks ago.

I think JSN & QJ both have high ceiling I just think Addison has the elite potential

I don't see how he has any votes unless he switches teams. He's got JJ on the other side of the field and an aging qb on a declining team. Feels like this is the worst situation of the bunch

I don't see how he has any votes unless he switches teams. He's got JJ on the other side of the field and an aging qb on a declining team. Feels like this is the worst situation of the bunch
There is no timeframe for this question, so I'd say there's a better chance than not, that he (or Jefferson) ends up on at least one other team at some point in the next 6 years.

Obviously, if you're going to draft a guy who's going to become elite at some point, the sooner the better. But, time isn't a restriction for this exercise.

Most likely: JSN (Flowers 2nd)
Highest ceiling: QJ (but also highest bust factor IMO)
Best landing spot: Addison/QJ

What's Elite? 1200+ for 4-6 years of NFL career? Yea, that's not happening to Addison ever.

It could also be 2018 where no elites emerged and Mark Andrews TE showed up . Well, in that case, my guess is Luke Musgrave. :)

What's Elite? 1200+ for 4-6 years of NFL career? Yea, that's not happening to Addison ever.

It could also be 2018 where no elites emerged and Mark Andrews TE showed up . Well, in that case, my guess is Luke Musgrave. :)
Yeah we have to remember every year won’t be as fruitful as some of our recent WR classes. Sometimes it’s just a dud class.

Difficult to define ... But yes, 1200+ for 6+ years, or 1400 for 3+ years, or 1600+ for 2+ years, 1800+ once ... Or, top 10 ppr WR 6 times, top 5 WR 3 times, #1 WR once. I'm sure there's some way to quantify it really nicely, but if it's a yes/no proposition (which it is in this case), then any specific threshold will he arbitrary. Your suggested criterion seems fine, if not a little lower than I was imagining.

In fantasy terms, I like the “top 10 WR for 5 years” measuring stick. We all look at the top of the rankings and count how many guys we roster are up there. Feels great to have 1 top 10. Feels better to have more than 1.

I voted QJ btw.

JSN easily for me. He has all the tools. I don’t care about his situation. I think he’s better than Lockett and Metcalf. And the QB situation isn’t as bad as it seems. I mean, look at Adams with Carr, Jefferson with Cousins, Olave with ?, Wilson with ?, and even Kupp with Stafford (though Stafford is really good, he’s definitely slowed down with his injuries). Elite is elite, and unless the QB is a complete train wreck, the WR will be fine.

QJ seems to have the most upside, whether it's realised it's a different question. The rest seem to have "very good but not fantasy WR1" potential

Users who are viewing this thread