What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** OTAs underway. Pearsall looking good, but Aiyuk and Jennings absent (7 Viewers)

Our 6 Primetime games have leaked

Week 1: vs Jets (MNF)

Week 6: at Seahawks (TNF)

Week 8: vs Cowboys (SNF)

Week 13: at Bills (SNF)

Week 15: vs Rams (TNF)

Week 17: vs Lions (MNF)

8mil
Ohboyohboyohboy!!!

NFL schedule leak: The #Chiefs will travel to San Francisco to take on the #49ers in a Super Bowl rematch in Week 7 on FOX, per @Schultz_Report. Tom Brady will be on the call. 4:25pm ET kickoff.

If they never play the Chiefs again it will be too soon
The Chiefs don't scare me. Can't wait for this one.
Since 1991 SF is 4-8 against them. The 44-9 drubbing in 1997 left a particularly bad impression on a young "thecatch". I've never liked playing them.

8mil
Ohboyohboyohboy!!!

NFL schedule leak: The #Chiefs will travel to San Francisco to take on the #49ers in a Super Bowl rematch in Week 7 on FOX, per @Schultz_Report. Tom Brady will be on the call. 4:25pm ET kickoff.

If they never play the Chiefs again it will be too soon
The Chiefs don't scare me. Can't wait for this one.
Since 1991 SF is 4-8 against them. The 44-9 drubbing in 1997 left a particularly bad impression on a young "thecatch". I've never liked playing them.
Let's face it - we have to get over the hump that is KC, much like we did vs Dallas back in the early 90s. Affter losing 2 straight NFCCGs to them, we beat them in the reg season in 1994, which gave us the boost of confidence we needed to finally beat them in the championship game that year.

I feel like once we beat Mahomes, all that negative juju goes away.

Our 6 Primetime games have leaked

Week 1: vs Jets (MNF)

Week 6: at Seahawks (TNF)

Week 8: vs Cowboys (SNF)

Week 13: at Bills (SNF)

Week 15: vs Rams (TNF)

Week 17: vs Lions (MNF)
at SEA is a stretch, but all those others should be seen by everyone. I want 9ers to destroy the Jets. Hopefully week 17 means something to them and the Lions.

Official 2024 schedule!!

WEEKDATEOPPONENTTIME (ET)
1Sept. 9team-logo-52-50x50.pngJets8:15 p.m.
2Sept. 15team-logo-48-50x50.pngat Vikings1 p.m.
3Sept. 22team-logo-59-50x50.pngat Rams4:25 p.m.
4Sept. 29team-logo-49-50x50.pngPatriots4:05 p.m.
5Oct. 6team-logo-31-50x50.pngCardinals4:05 p.m.
6Oct. 10team-logo-57-50x50.pngat Seahawks8:15 p.m.
7Oct. 20team-logo-46-50x50.pngChiefs4:25 p.m.
8Oct. 27team-logo-39-50x50.pngCowboys8:20 p.m.
9BYE
10Nov. 10team-logo-60-50x50.pngat Buccaneers1 p.m.
11Nov. 17team-logo-57-50x50.pngSeahawks4:05 p.m.
12Nov. 24team-logo-42-50x50.pngat Packers4:25 p.m.
13Dec. 1team-logo-34-50x50.pngat Bills8:20 p.m.
14Dec. 8team-logo-36-50x50.pngBears4:25 p.m.
15Dec. 12team-logo-59-50x50.pngRams8:15 p.m.
16Dec. 22team-logo-47-50x50.pngat Dolphins4:25 p.m.
17Dec. 30team-logo-41-50x50.pngLions8:15 p.m.
18Jan. 4/5team-logo-31-50x50.pngat CardinalsTBD

The 49ers are the only NFL team playing 4 opponents coming off their bye week this season (Chiefs, Seahawks, Cowboys, Bills). They also played 4 last season.

SF went 2-2 in such games. However, they were also coming off their bye in one of them (Jaguars), so the 49ers were 1-2 when at that rest disadvantage.

This year: The 49ers have 3 extra days of non-bye rest before the Chiefs game due to Thursday night scheduling. But KC still has a rest advantage.

Put another way, the 2023 49ers were:

11-3 when at relatively even rest
1-2 when at a big rest disadvantage

Small sample, sure, but that was a big chunk of their losses.

Lastly, the NFL has given out 704 schedules over the past 22 years. The worst net rest differentials among those 704 are listed in the link below. The 49ers have 2 of the 7 worst differentials of the 704 in their 2023 and 2024 schedules (Link)

Source: Lombardi

Last edited:
The 49ers are the only NFL team initially favored in all 17 games on the 2024 schedule.
It brings me no joy to say this but I’m shorting them this year. I think they are going to be spent and this feels like a year where half the team spends a lot of time on IR while a lot of teams they’ve beaten soundly for years relish getting some revenge. Please bookmark this and throw it in my face when they win the SB.

The 49ers are the only NFL team initially favored in all 17 games on the 2024 schedule.
It brings me no joy to say this but I’m shorting them this year. I think they are going to be spent and this feels like a year where half the team spends a lot of time on IR while a lot of teams they’ve beaten soundly for years relish getting some revenge. Please bookmark this and throw it in my face when they win the SB.
With a full offseason to work, I think Purdy takes another step this year, and with Pearsall in the mix I think Purdy makes another MVP run, but this time people will believe he deserves to be in the conversation (unlike last year).

I see them going 11-6 or 12-5, hopefully good enough for the division title but I don't see them getting the #1 seed.

Now that we have a proper bookend for Bosa in Floyd, we finally have the Dee Ford replacement we've been looking for IMO, and I think Drake Jackson takes a step and becomes serviceable. Our run defense takes a hit without a good Armstead replacement, but with Mustapha and R Green in the mix, I feel our secondary/back end will be better than last year, which needs to happen, especially if Greenlaw misses significant time.

Also, look for special teams to make a jump from the past few seasons, which has been one of our biggest weaknesses. Gonna be real interesting to see the new kickoff format and who Shanahan uses for KO returns.

With a full offseason to work, I think Purdy takes another step this year, and with Pearsall in the mix I think Purdy makes another MVP run, but this time people will believe he deserves to be in the conversation (unlike last year).

I see them going 11-6 or 12-5, hopefully good enough for the division title but I don't see them getting the #1 seed.

Now that we have a proper bookend for Bosa in Floyd, we finally have the Dee Ford replacement we've been looking for IMO, and I think Drake Jackson takes a step and becomes serviceable. Our run defense takes a hit without a good Armstead replacement, but with Mustapha and R Green in the mix, I feel our secondary/back end will be better than last year, which needs to happen, especially if Greenlaw misses significant time.

Also, look for special teams to make a jump from the past few seasons, which has been one of our biggest weaknesses. Gonna be real interesting to see the new kickoff format and who Shanahan uses for KO returns.
That's the case for optimism - offense continues to improve with Purdy and Deebo in contract years, RB depth, better secondary depth, and DL overall deeper and more productive than last year. Hopefully Bosa looks right with a full training camp.

Last edited:
49ers and Aiyik "not close" in contract talks.

Sunday morning, on SportsCenter, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported that the 49ers and Aiyuk are not close in contract negotiations, leading many to wonder if Aiyuk will hold out (not show up) or hold in (show up but not participate) for the remainder of the offseason and even training camp.

"This one's tricky because he was implicated in some trade talks around the draft," Fowler said. "He wants a new contract; has one year left. I'm told the 49ers certainly are open to doing a deal, but talks have not progressed enough where things are close. And so, is he going to show up for their workouts? Hard to tell right now."

Hearing the lack of progress on a new deal should come as no surprise. The 49ers typically do this in contract negotiations. They normally wait until training camp, or right before it, to come to agreements with star players. It happened with tight end George Kittle, linebacker Fred Warner, wide receiver Deebo Samuel, and edge rusher Nick Bosa. It's not that they set out to wait until training camp, it's just that the deadline of the looming regular season seems to spur an agreement.

The 49ers begin OTAs (organized team activities) on Monday. While it's uncertain whether or not Aiyuk will show up, he is not expected to work with the team until he has a new contract.

Link

This is so dumb. They're gonna pay him eventually, just like they did with the other big names, so why not get it done now so he doesn't miss time?? So frustrating.

Last edited:
Smaller bear is out of hibernation!!

Nick Bosa, who usually does not take part in the non-mandatory part of the 49ers' offseason program, is here in Santa Clara. Phase III of the 49ers' offseason program (organized team activities) began on Monday.

Lombardi:

Jauan Jennings was not at the 49ers' OTA practice. Stands to reason that he's interested in a long-term extension. So far, SF has tendered Jennings at the second-round level but he hasn't yet signed it (several accounts had misreported that he had signed a couple months back).

Jennings can not sign with another team at this point.

Last edited:
Smaller bear is out of hibernation!!

Nick Bosa, who usually does not take part in the non-mandatory part of the 49ers' offseason program, is here in Santa Clara. Phase III of the 49ers' offseason program (organized team activities) began on Monday.

Good! i suspect that was a big part of why he wasn’t very effective last year.
Lombardi:

Nick Bosa is at OTAs. Why the change from previous years? Shanahan points out:

-2020 saw no OTAs
-2021 Bosa was rehabbing a torn ACL
-2022 Bosa was working on his contract

We're gonna get The best Bosa this season!

First open 49ers OTA practice is over. Mostly 7-on-7 work. Ricky Pearsall looked good, caught several passes and generated some real separation. Most spirited rep was one he lost: Rock Ya-Sin broke up a deep out.

Brock Purdy looked comfortable throwing to Deebo and — blast from the past — Trent Taylor. In fact, Purdy’s Mahomesesque (Purdian?) play of the day was a roll-left, throw-back-deep-right off-schedule TD to Taylor.

Nick Wagoner:

List of #49ers I did not see today for voluntary OTAs:

WR Brandon Aiyuk
CB Charvarius Ward
WR Jauan Jennings
RB Christian McCaffrey
WR Chris Conley
LB Dre Greenlaw
OL Chris Hubbard
OL Trent Williams
TE Cam Latu
WR Jacob Cowing
DT Maliek Collins

Kyle Shanahan said he did not know the reason McCaffrey is not in Santa Clara.

49ers and Aiyik "not close" in contract talks.
That’s because it’s May 21st.

I doubt they’ve even spoken since the draft.

Just another slow news day doing slow news day things. :whistle:
It’s been said a lot but there’s no rule the Niners need to wait until training camp to get these deals done. And it’s not like they’ve been squeezing guys into taking team friendly deals by negotiating this way. It’s a little baffling. Just get the contract done and get everyone in the offseason program so they can hit the season running.

It’s been said a lot but there’s no rule the Niners need to wait until training camp to get these deals done. And it’s not like they’ve been squeezing guys into taking team friendly deals by negotiating this way. It’s a little baffling. Just get the contract done and get everyone in the offseason program so they can hit the season running.
We should be used to it by now. It’s the style of our front office.

Starting center Jake Brendel is dealing with tendinitis in his knee, per Kyle Shanahan. Brendel is not participating in OTAs but expected back for training camp.

Users who are viewing this thread