What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor I: 12 message boarders battle for $1,000 (1 Viewer)

Just remember, Sonoran, this is like the Miss America Pageant.  If you're having trouble fulfilling your duties then as runner up I can take the crown.   ;)

Yes, I meant your usual update.
Pshaw, I look better in an evening gown than you do, and you know it! :P Page updated.

I'm not getting enough help.  Here is the breakdown for this week so far (roughly):

Marvin88    177 (Fisher left - can add any amount over 16 points)

Worm         175 (Clayton and Jamal Lewis left; also Fahv-ruh minus Carr's pts)

BassnBrew  145

Sonoran     144 (depends on the decimals; Heap -2.8 tonight)

SpOOfY      123 (Boller left; has to beat Brees/Vick's pts)

Raidergil     118

Nipsey        110 + DEF

Nugget        110

TFox           109 + DEF

Wheelhouse 104 (plus whatever Mason does tonite)

Gouda         92 + DEF

MikeyT        86 + DEF (Driver left)

Based on this, MikeyT is officially eliminated leaving me and Sonoran.

1  Sonoran   (8-3)   120-44-1 - (9-2) 121-43-1??

2  Marvin88  (11-0)  114-50-1 - (10-1) 113-51-1??

3  MikeyT     (0-11)  99-66

With the Colts losing this weekend I probably cannot get enough from Marvin and Wayne to make up six games and that's if I can hold off Worm and Bass holds off Sonoran this week.  Looks pretty grim - which stinks after having another monster week.  I am simply running out of weeks!  Darn!
See bolded text. :D
Yes, that is the question. If the BOLD becomes truth I am doomed. And still maybe even if I get a break here.
Did I mention that Heap is a fellow Sun Devil? :devil: 32pts by my count, or +29.2 to my score above. :thumbup:

Just remember, Sonoran, this is like the Miss America Pageant.  If you're having trouble fulfilling your duties then as runner up I can take the crown.   ;)

Yes, I meant your usual update.
Pshaw, I look better in an evening gown than you do, and you know it! :P Page updated.

I'm not getting enough help.  Here is the breakdown for this week so far (roughly):

Marvin88    177 (Fisher left - can add any amount over 16 points)

Worm         175 (Clayton and Jamal Lewis left; also Fahv-ruh minus Carr's pts)

BassnBrew  145

Sonoran     144 (depends on the decimals; Heap -2.8 tonight)

SpOOfY      123 (Boller left; has to beat Brees/Vick's pts)

Raidergil     118

Nipsey        110 + DEF

Nugget        110

TFox           109 + DEF

Wheelhouse 104 (plus whatever Mason does tonite)

Gouda         92 + DEF

MikeyT        86 + DEF (Driver left)

Based on this, MikeyT is officially eliminated leaving me and Sonoran.

1  Sonoran   (8-3)   120-44-1 - (9-2) 121-43-1??

2  Marvin88  (11-0)  114-50-1 - (10-1) 113-51-1??

3  MikeyT     (0-11)  99-66

With the Colts losing this weekend I probably cannot get enough from Marvin and Wayne to make up six games and that's if I can hold off Worm and Bass holds off Sonoran this week.  Looks pretty grim - which stinks after having another monster week.  I am simply running out of weeks!  Darn!
See bolded text. :D
Yes, that is the question. If the BOLD becomes truth I am doomed. And still maybe even if I get a break here.
Did I mention that Heap is a fellow Sun Devil? :devil: 32pts by my count, or +29.2 to my score above. :thumbup:
I couldn't remember who had Heap. I am glad it was you and not Worm.

Story of my weekend though. Played against Tiki in one league who had all of his points on 3 plays and all three plays should have been tackles for 5 yards. I was scored on by so many missed tackles this weekend it wasn't funny. Then the Colts lose. And now Heap goes off. It all comes crumbling down in one weekend. I made a good rally though. I'll give you half of your congratulations now Sonoran, but still hope for a miracle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Page updated.

Worm's on the move, putting TFox behind him. (high score of the year! :clap: he and BassNBrew are the only ones to score >200) Can he catch Gouda to be King of the Bottom Third?

Quite a battle in the middle third, with a mere two games between the four teams.

Top third is down to three teams, with Mikey only just barely mathematically still in the mix. He needs two 11-0s, coupled with 0-11s from me and 4-7s from Marvin.

Page updated.

Worm's on the move, putting TFox behind him. (high score of the year! :clap: he and BassNBrew are the only ones to score >200) Can he catch Gouda to be King of the Bottom Third?

Quite a battle in the middle third, with a mere two games between the four teams.

Top third is down to three teams, with Mikey only just barely mathematically still in the mix. He needs two 11-0s, coupled with 0-11s from me and 4-7s from Marvin.
Sonoran, I hope you are right, but I think you are wrong. I think it is only you and me left where I have to go 11-0 and you have to go 3-8 for me to tie. I think we only play one more week and it's over.

Yes this goes through week 16 only.
Thanks for confirming, David. Although I knew the answer. One more week might have made the difference for me too.

Well, Sonoran, you and me. Not to cling to false hope here, but at least allow me the opportunity to dream. Peyton probably plays some, but you would be potentially suseptible to a poor QB score since you've only got he and DelHomme (you can't count A. Smith ;) ). Lamont Jordan looks to be OUT for this weekend which could really hurt you at RB especially if S. Jackson can't go either (I know he was dinged last week). Harrison and Wayne will not put up the numbers this week, so I would have to have big weeks from Evans and Roy (that's Lee and Williams, not Dale and Rogers - showing my age there). Strange things can happen in the final week. Fairy tales could come true....yada yada yada. It is Christmas you know. Maybe I could play Grinch this Christmas Eve!

PS - I got no shot in H _ _ _ !

By the way, looking back - week 8 killed me where I had the anomaly of 1-10. My Colts were on BYE that week.

DJax is back, so get ready for me to win about 40 games this week and take back my lead ;)Good luck you guys. I'm still fighting to move up the pack.

Another HUGE week for me - possibly getting me 11-0? Over 180 points without Marvin or Wayne. OH MAN I WISH THERE WERE ONE MORE WEEK. I think you've held me off Sonoran!

Stats are up!! And this really sucks (for me that is). I go 11-0 final week and cut the margin to three games. And I sit there and look at this week's scores and see where Sonoran outscored Nugget, Gouda, Wheel, and Bass by just over 5 points on EACH of them. If Bass, Gouda, Wheel and Nugget could have squeezed out roughly five more points each then I win! Actually, if Ricky Williams gets 60 less yards or Jackson doesn't get his TD then I win by a game. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

CAN'T WE PLAY JUST ONE MORE WEEK????????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHERE ARE THE FOOTBALL GODS?? ONE TD TO DETERMINE THE FATE OF 1st AND 2nd PLACE IS ABSOLUTE CRUELTY??? :rant: :rant: :rant:

Stats are up!! And this really sucks (for me that is). I go 11-0 final week and cut the margin to three games. And I sit there and look at this week's scores and see where Sonoran outscored Nugget, Gouda, and Bass by just over 5 points on EACH of them. If Bass, Gouda, and Nugget could have squeezed out roughly five more points each then I tie! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

CAN'T WE PLAY JUST ONE MORE WEEK????????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHERE ARE THE FOOTBALL GODS????? :rant: :rant: :rant:
OOPS!!! Sorry, Sonoran! In my futility I forgot to congratulation you. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbup:

Sorry to add to your futility, but you should have been scored 10-0-1, having tied with RaiderGil. :D I guess Dodds was feeling like Santa and scored you both 11-0-0. lol :shrug:Thanks, and congrats to you as well. You made a good run. I haven't really looked at my results to see who's been slacking off for me these last few weeks. :shrug:Good job to Worm for climbing WAY out of the cellar, to climb to the top of the bottom tier. RaiderGil rode his 10-0-1 to the top of the middle tier as well.It's been a long contest, and a big thanks to those who stuck around and visited the thread now and then. It's a shame some seasons ended early due to injury, but I guess them's the breaks. I hope we can all do it again next year, so start working on those haikus! lol

Sorry to add to your futility, but you should have been scored 10-0-1, having tied with RaiderGil. :D   I guess Dodds was feeling like Santa and scored you both 11-0-0. lol :shrug:

Thanks, and congrats to you as well.  You made a good run.  I haven't really looked at my results to see who's been slacking off for me these last few weeks. :shrug:

Good job to Worm for climbing WAY out of the cellar, to climb to the top of the bottom tier.  RaiderGil rode his 10-0-1 to the top of the middle tier as well.

It's been a long contest, and a big thanks to those who stuck around and visited the thread now and then.  It's a shame some seasons ended early due to injury, but I guess them's the breaks.  I hope we can all do it again next year, so start working on those haikus! lol
Burress, Jackson, and Jordan were killing you the last several weeks. And if Ronnie Brown played this week you were dead - I would have had you. Ricky Williams came up HUGE for you and won you the title. Steven Jackson's TD gave you the 6 points you needed to not lose three more games. It is amazing that after 16 weeks it comes down to one TD essentially. WOW!!!

It could just as easily been the scores incorrect as the records between MikeyT and I (not sure what happened there though - although, again, it wouldn't have mattered either way).

LJ is a man-child. I was really pleased with how my strategy worked especially considering I lost Deuce early. Mid-season injuries to Roy Williams cost me big time as I had no one to cover Marvin and Wayne's BYE week - thus the 1-10 that week.

To All - I really enjoyed this and wish we could all do it again next year. Again, Congrats to the Champ = Roarin' Sonoran!

Sonoran,I didn't think I could make myself feel any worse, but, correction (and boy am I glad I didn't know this going into Sunday night) - I was actually winning going into Sunday night where you had one player left to play - and it was the Todd Heap TD that snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat for you. PS- Thanks for the PM. And thanks for your participation in the message board - it made it much more fun.

Check received! :pickle:

(what're you gonna do now?)

I'm goin' to Disneyland!!! :towelwave: :clap: :excited: ºoº

No really, we're going next month. Good timing, should help pay for it. :thumbup:

No really, we're going next month.  Good timing, should help pay for it. :thumbup:
Get the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2006"! You will NOT regret it!!!! :thumbup:

No really, we're going next month.  Good timing, should help pay for it. :thumbup:
Get the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2006"! You will NOT regret it!!!! :thumbup:
A guide to Disney WORLD will help me at Disney LAND how? :confused: lol

A guide to Disney WORLD will help me at Disney LAND how? :confused: lol
OK - you got me there. But whoever said "We're goin' to Disneyland" after winning a big game? :no:

T-SHIRTS?????

:hey:
Was just thinkin about those myself the other day.By the way, congratulations Sonoran. Marvin, nice comeback - drafting strategy nearly paid off. Man, to think I took shot at Priest cause I figured he had much better chance than Alexander to put up nearly 30 TDs. Still, wouldn't have made up for my other blundered RB picks. Oh well, still hoping I can proudly wear a FBG t-shirt to my 06 drafts. ;)

For me the money and getting the 1st place would've been cool, but the thing I was most looking-forward to if I won was the 3-page article. Bummed out about not making it.Guess that means I'll just have to get in this again next year! :boxing:

For me the money and getting the 1st place would've been cool, but the thing I was most looking-forward to if I won was the 3-page article. Bummed out about not making it.

Guess that means I'll just have to get in this again next year! :boxing:
WHERE ARE THE T-SHIRTS?????

Everyone get their T-shirt? Their awesome!

I got an email from Sonoran and he said he was not able to write the article (he was in the process of dealing with his dad's passing away). I had already wondered if they had "canned" the idea of Survivor I for this year when they went back to the old format. Now I wonder that they might have indeed decided to do this because of all the snafus they ran into (including a pretty long whittling down process to get to the final 12).

Everyone get their T-shirt? Their awesome!

I got an email from Sonoran and he said he was not able to write the article (he was in the process of dealing with his dad's passing away). I had already wondered if they had "canned" the idea of Survivor I for this year when they went back to the old format. Now I wonder that they might have indeed decided to do this because of all the snafus they ran into (including a pretty long whittling down process to get to the final 12).
Yep, I got mine. Pretty sweet. I was wondering this same thing. I'd love to try out again if they did it. The article was my biggest motivator for doing it...

It may be that the "12 golden tickets" replace Survivor I this year - as the FBG's would probably feel no obligation to Sonoran to give him the free entry into this year's contest (as promised by winning last year) since he did not write the article.

Users who are viewing this thread