What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Episode Nine - They Can Cancel Christmas! (2 Viewers)

Sometimes these shows cast people who are more interested in boosting their "brand" IRL than in winning the game.

There were complaints from other corners pre-premiere that this was a problem with this cast. Apparently half of them set up influencer shops online selling their merch and promoting their brands before the season started.
Quite a few people from 44 and 45 did the same thing, IIRC. Even Sean had merch and he had one of the lamest quits ever!
Even Jess has merch! She has a shirt that says "Smile because it's over" and another with her eating ants that says "I need the protein".

Her exit interviews indicate she had a miserable time and isn't a fan of Kenzie, Q and Tiffany -- more the former two than the latter. She said that when she got booted, she had gone more than 200 hours without sleep -- which goes back to a few days before the game started, as she was booted on Day 5 (120 hours).
This is why I'm glad she got booted. That was not good for her mental health.

I was kinda iffy on Kenzie (although I had her in the like tier). This probably pushes her out of the tier for now. I could see how the social butterfly could bully those in a lesser position.
She had as bad a game mentally as Brandon from 45 had physically.

I think she's also in the same category as Hannah from 45, in that she failed to grasp how hard the conditions were going to be for her. To her credit, she did not quit -- but mainly because she kept saying to herself "Jeff hates quitters" whenever she thought about it. By Day 5, she was hoping that "bats would pick me up and take me off the island." She also voted for Bhanu so that he would have the "gift" of getting away from the tribe in the unlikely event that she was spared.

Interesting point I heard on a podcast:

Next episode, because of the new sit-out rules, orange can't sit out Liz and green can't sit out Moriah (Liz's doppelganger). They will each have to sit out two people who might be better at challenges. Will that help purple win?

(This didn't make a difference for Lulu in 45, but they were exceptionally bad physically, whereas this tribe's issues seem to be more with communication and planning.)

I'm sure this has been talked about... But Liz's (or whatever that old lunatic's name is) incessant screaming during the last challenge? What in the actual? I can't believe Jeff didn't stop the show and just send her home on the spot. Seriously.
Yep and then did you see her celebrate after they won? She was screaming/flexing like she just ripped off a 20 yard TD run to win the Super Bowl…sit down girl, all you did was sit on the sidelines and annoy everyone for the last hour…

I still can't figure Liz out.

I thought she may have been in the oblivious category about how to play the game when really over playing the "how rich I am' card.

But the podcast comment she made seemed so over the top it made me feel like she is just exaggerating (to what end I have no idea).

Some posters on reddit did find she has at least one company, the email one, so that is at least true.

Sometimes these shows cast people who are more interested in boosting their "brand" IRL than in winning the game.

There were complaints from other corners pre-premiere that this was a problem with this cast. Apparently half of them set up influencer shops online selling their merch and promoting their brands before the season started.
Quite a few people from 44 and 45 did the same thing, IIRC. Even Sean had merch and he had one of the lamest quits ever!
Even Jess has merch! She has a shirt that says "Smile because it's over" and another with her eating ants that says "I need the protein".

Her exit interviews indicate she had a miserable time and isn't a fan of Kenzie, Q and Tiffany -- more the former two than the latter. She said that when she got booted, she had gone more than 200 hours without sleep -- which goes back to a few days before the game started, as she was booted on Day 5 (120 hours).
I’m not buying the 200 hours bit. I think she’s just another mistake from casting

I’m not buying the 200 hours bit. I think she’s just another mistake from casting
Jeff kind of hinted at that on his podcast, saying that they didn’t get from her on the island what they saw from her in casting.

Sometimes you have to wonder why something was relegated to a secret scene if it seems to be pretty important. The best theory here is that they want to “protect” Tevin.

Similarly, there was a secret scene in 43 where Karla figured out something about Gabler — we now know it wasn’t on the show because Gabler won.

Sometimes you have to wonder why something was relegated to a secret scene if it seems to be pretty important. The best theory here is that they want to “protect” Tevin.

Similarly, there was a secret scene in 43 where Karla figured out something about Gabler — we now know it wasn’t on the show because Gabler won.
Exactly but they didn't protect Tevin like they did Kenzie on screen. He was edited to make the audience be on Venus side.

Last edited:

I thought she may have been in the oblivious category about how to play the game when really over playing the "how rich I am' card.

But the podcast comment she made seemed so over the top it made me feel like she is just exaggerating (to what end I have no idea).

Some posters on reddit did find she has at least one company, the email one, so that is at least true.
Her comments about dating/men were odd too. Someone (Tevin?) asked her if she would marry again and she said most men can't handle Liz because she has too much $ and doesn't need them.
The group just kind of agreed with her and her next comment was all men want Liz, she just doesn't want them.

ETA - Do I live in a bubble? I just don’t encounter this many people that speak about themselves in 3rd person. They don't use I, me, etc.?

Last edited:
Anything would have been more interesting than naming songs.
I'm sure the Taylor Swift fan couldn't name more than a few Metallica songs and vice versa. So they both named over 100 songs but who was checking accuracy? I think everyone was just waiting for it to end.
It is crushingly boring out there so anything that passes the time is a godsend to these folks. And if you start nitpicking, you’re just giving the others a reason to vote you out. So I imagine the other four were just fine with laying back and seeing how it played out.

Also I thought the scene was great, but I’m a huge music geek.

Yeah, I generally get along well with pretty much all people and always assumed I'd do well with the "dealing with downtime/monotony of camp life" portion of Survivor. I can sit around doing basically nothing for hours...so doing so to potentially win a million dollars always seemed right up my alley.

But as they've drifted further and further towards casting "unique personalities", I see more and more people that would drive me to insanity. Once they got to round 10 of naming songs, I'd be off "looking for firewood".

Her comments about dating/men were odd too. Someone (Tevin?) asked her if she would marry again and she said most men can't handle Liz because she has too much $ and doesn't need them.
The group just kind of agreed with her and her next comment was all men want Liz, she just doesn't want them.

ETA - Do I live in a bubble? I just don’t encounter this many people that speak about themselves in 3rd person. They don't use I, me, etc.?

All men want Liz??? Yikes

This episode drove the dislike up for many players.
Two on Yellow.. One obnoxiously, loud, annoying cheers. The other one pouring salt into the wounds of the purple team.

Purple team voted out the only nice one that I would have cheered for.
The 3 gloating and scheming to make a fool out of her, when they knew they had the votes.
And the other guy who bipolar.. One second happy and cheering, the next second :cry:
Sorry, but how can you possibly like Jess? I get that she’s meek and harmless but JFC, if you are going on Survivor at least try. Her self awareness is bottom of the barrel and she put forth no energy at all. Kenzie gave her and Bhanu an out and she completely flubbed it because she probably hated that Kenzie was good socially.

Bbanu wears his emotions on his sleeves but when he screams at Jess, you know she was useless. I’m sorry but not even being able to hold a block over your head for seconds is just awful.

Personally, I’m thinking she might be a compulsive liar. How many truly successful people act and talk like that? Everything she says is so generic, no actual specifics.

Personally, I’m thinking she might be a compulsive liar. How many truly successful people act and talk like that? Everything she says is so generic, no actual specifics.
Debbie Wanner vibes. People that live in their own little world.

Yeah, she may indeed be our new Debbie. Liz is probably the most delusional person the show has cast since Debbie. Angelina from David vs. Goliath was a much lesser degree of delusional -- basically being a Karen without realizing it.

Yeah, she may indeed be our new Debbie. Liz is probably the most delusional person the show has cast since Debbie. Angelina from David vs. Goliath was a much lesser degree of delusional -- basically being a Karen without realizing it.

Nothing attractive about her.

A Great fun type personality, caring person, then possibly you could get over her physical self with the right amount of $$$. No amount of $$$ would suffice as it stands.

Two on Yellow.. One obnoxiously, loud, annoying cheers. The other one pouring salt into the wounds of the purple team.

The 3 gloating and scheming to make a fool out of her, when they knew they had the votes.
And the other guy who bipolar.. One second happy and cheering, the next second :cry:
Sorry, but how can you possibly like Jess? I get that she’s meek and harmless but JFC, if you are going on Survivor at least try. Her self awareness is bottom of the barrel and she put forth no energy at all. Kenzie gave her and Bhanu an out and she completely flubbed it because she probably hated that Kenzie was good socially.

Bbanu wears his emotions on his sleeves but when he screams at Jess, you know she was useless. I’m sorry but not even being able to hold a block over your head for seconds is just awful.
It is all relative. Dislike for bipolar boy is 100%.
Dislike for the 3 who knew they had the votes, yet still felt the need to come up with a fake Idol just to embarrass her, is at 90%..
So she was the best of the worst at 80% dislike. :shrug:

Dislike for the 3 who knew they had the votes, yet still felt the need to come up with a fake Idol just to embarrass her, is at 90%..
Yeah the fake idol thing was borderline cruel. It will be more fun to watch them humiliated again and again.

Exactly but they didn't protect Tevin like they did Kenzie on screen. He was edited to make the audience be on Venus side.
If that was their intent they failed (at least with me), because I thought Tevin came out looking stronger. That video makes it even clearer that Tevin is a strong player though.

Anything would have been more interesting than naming songs.
I'm sure the Taylor Swift fan couldn't name more than a few Metallica songs and vice versa. So they both named over 100 songs but who was checking accuracy? I think everyone was just waiting for it to end.
It is crushingly boring out there so anything that passes the time is a godsend to these folks. And if you start nitpicking, you’re just giving the others a reason to vote you out. So I imagine the other four were just fine with laying back and seeing how it played out.

Also I thought the scene was great, but I’m a huge music geek.
I was impressed also. I don't need to see all 100 songs each, but I couldn't do that with any artist. I thought they showed about the right amount of time with it.

Yeah the fake idol thing was borderline cruel. It will be more fun to watch them humiliated again and again.
In their defense, they wanted her to feel safe or else she could play her Shot in the Dark. Only a 1 in 6 chance it hits, but if it does she is sending someone home.

Per her exit interviews, she was done with the conditions and the people (except Bhanu) and was ready to go home, so the fake idol shenanigans were definitely unnecessary. But KQT didn’t know that.

However, this kind of “big brain” thinking could get them yeeted when they are up against better players.

Per her exit interviews, she was done with the conditions and the people (except Bhanu) and was ready to go home, so the fake idol shenanigans were definitely unnecessary. But KQT didn’t know that.

However, this kind of “big brain” thinking could get them yeeted when they are up against better players.
Like you say, they couldn't know that for sure. Even in her addled state, she recognized "This idol is made up of beads we all have." If she wanted to go home, she could have just not played the idol.

The fake idol wasn’t to embarrass her. They mentioned it because they didn’t want her playing the shot in the dark. The merge hasn’t happened so there’s no big surprise game play.

Personally, she’s just such a poor player and I hate seeing that. I don’t like the people who literally after day one you can say they have absolutely no shot. As bad as Jelinsky was, swapping him in for Jess gets them out of tribal council. That’s Q’s fault and he’s likely not lasting because of it.

The fake idol wasn’t to embarrass her. They mentioned it because they didn’t want her playing the shot in the dark. The merge hasn’t happened so there’s no big surprise game play.

Personally, she’s just such a poor player and I hate seeing that. I don’t like the people who literally after day one you can say they have absolutely no shot. As bad as Jelinsky was, swapping him in for Jess gets them out of tribal council. That’s Q’s fault and he’s likely not lasting because of it.
Well, we don't know that, either. Who's to say Jelinsky wouldn't have quit on this challenge? Or stood around doing almost nothing like in the episode 1 immunity challenge?

Again per Jess's interviews, Jelinsky put almost no effort into anything other than looking for idols.

Yeah, there was nothing embarrassing about that play. They said it right up front that they wanted her to not use her shot in the dark.

I think Kenzie and Tiff could be OK but Q is way too easily swayed and seems to be a little temperamental. Getting rid of Jelinsky was a big mistake even if he was an idiot. Keeping Jess got them 2 people down in 2 weeks. Q being a physical threat would likely put a big target on his back at the merge.

Well, we don't know that, either. Who's to say Jelinsky wouldn't have quit on this challenge? Or stood around doing almost nothing like in the episode 1 immunity challenge?

Again per Jess's interviews, Jelinsky put almost no effort into anything other than looking for idols.
I’d take Jess’ exit interview with a grain of salt because I could see her thinking of ways to not look so bad.

Also, all Jelinsky had to do for them to not go to tribal was to stand and hold things. Just his height would have been an advantage over Ms. Idontknowhowtoholdsomethinhgabovemy head. Her effort in that challenge was equivalent of Jelinsky handing her pieces in the puzzle the week before.

OMG is this guy just trying to get “fan favorite” award?? I get he’s honest and naive but you have to hold your emotions in a little better than that!!
Can't stand him
Me neither. Borderline hatred after like 3 episodes. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be his tribemate.
Not borderline for me. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but he’s coming across as a pathetic loser right now. No fight in him he just goes to crying instead

Man, what a sorry tribe. Q was not clutch at all, and I can't believe he ever gave up his spot for tossing the bags considering the other options on the team (although Tiff appeared to be better). I loved Bhanu's energy in episode 1 but could see how it could be annoying. Well episode 2 he showed what he was about and this episode sealed it. Much like Jess, as much as he doesn't want to think so, he needs to go for his emotional health. He was rejoicing that someone else's tragedy was his "miracle".

Interesting question from @yak651 . I'm quite sure he still does not have a vote since they didn't go to tribal.

Got to see more of Jem this week and I think she really shined. Smartly didn't share her advantage with any/everyone. Feel terrible for Randen, who seemed like a solid player. I hope they invite him back.

Hunter showed out this week, and Ben continued with the good vibes. Venus a clear villain this season. Was more upset that Randen went home with an advantage than for his loss. Randen to Venus: I don't understand your perspective, help me see your point of view, I'd love to know your perspective. Venus: My perspective is I'm not blind. Totally disrespectful.

OMG is this guy just trying to get “fan favorite” award?? I get he’s honest and naive but you have to hold your emotions in a little better than that!!
Can't stand him

+1 I liked him in the first episode, but he's fallen off a cliff since then. I so wanted to see him go tonight. The guy who got medically pulled had a great attitude about it; hope he'll be back in the future.

Got to see more of Jem this week and I think she really shined. Smartly didn't share her advantage with any/everyone. Feel terrible for Randen, who seemed like a solid player. I hope they invite him back.

Hunter showed out this week, and Ben continued with the good vibes. Venus a clear villain this season. Was more upset that Randen went home with an advantage than for his loss. Randen to Venus: I don't understand your perspective, help me see your point of view, I'd love to know your perspective. Venus: My perspective is I'm not blind. Totally disrespectful.

:goodposting:

I was rooting for Venus a bit until this week, when I finally "got" why they don't like her.

In addition to Jem, I was impressed with Tiffany this week. She seems to get people really well.

Love this show. Always have. Will watch it until the day it goes off the air.

But man are they just focusing on all the wrong stuff. Watching weak people (you can be emotional without being weak.....but this dude is an absolute mess of a person) have emotional meltdowns after 7 days of sitting on the beach is just not good TV. Its not what made this show what it is and its so weird that they cant see that.

Man, what a sorry tribe. Q was not clutch at all, and I can't believe he ever gave up his spot for tossing the bags considering the other options on the team (although Tiff appeared to be better). I loved Bhanu's energy in episode 1 but could see how it could be annoying. Well episode 2 he showed what he was about and this episode sealed it. Much like Jess, as much as he doesn't want to think so, he needs to go for his emotional health. He was rejoicing that someone else's tragedy was his "miracle".

Interesting question from @yak651 . I'm quite sure he still does not have a vote since they didn't go to tribal.

I agree Venus is our villan. Since she got a edit about how Raden leaving effected her game probably going to be around awhile. Based off of her previous edit most likely going to team up with the remaining purple at merge and ride to the end with Tiffany and Kenzie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread