What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talk About Alcohol (1 Viewer)

How much alcohol do you drink?

• 14+ drinks per week

Votes: 50 14.8%
  • 7-13 drinks per week

Votes: 55 16.3%
  • 3-6 drinks per week

Votes: 62 18.3%
  • 1-2 drinks per week

Votes: 28 8.3%
  • A few drinks a month

Votes: 44 13.0%
  • A few drinks a year

Votes: 32 9.5%
  • Mostly not at all

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I don't drink at all

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I also am not sure I buy it when people (some I know in real life) tell me they only drink beer because they like the taste.

That would be like smoking marijuana without any marijuana in it.

Of course it's not 100%, but it's my opinion almost everyone drinks alcohol for the effect.
The non-alcoholic beer market is a $25 billion dollar industry, how do you explain that?
Yeah, I’m sure people acquire the taste. What I have more trouble believing, is some people claim they liked the taste of booze (and beer, in particular) from the first sip.

I also think there’s a slight societal shift to destigmatize non-drinkers, but mocktails and N.A. beers still alleviate the pressure to drink an “adult” beverage.
Definitely noticed more of this going on lately, particularly at breweries. Was pretty disappointed in the one I went to yesterday to meet some friends that was out of kombucha. Although I guess that technically does have some alcohol in it?

I rarely drink.....like rarely.

Social beers.....a social drink.

We don’t drink at home......ever.

Just never been my thing.

But I do really enjoy good ice cold beers with friends.....but as far as hard liquor......nope. Once in a blue moon.

If a doctor asked me what is my alcohol intake I would say maybe the equivalent of a 18 pack of beer in year.

Maybe a glass of wine 3-4 times a year.

No hard alcohol.
This is basically me since forever.

Even back when I drank socially often (my 20s and some of my 30s), I never drank at home. And that is probably why I almost never drink now. I don't drink at home, and because I drink so little and so infrequently, my tolerance is really low, so more than a couple would give me a strong buzz, and I refuse to do that and drive under those circumstances, so I just don't do it. A cold beer or two always tastes good on a warm summer night when a buddy and I go to a restaurant for outdoor seating to shoot the breeze for a few hours, and I will still enjoy the occasional white russian (which is always very Dude), but that is pretty much my limit now.

I also am not sure I buy it when people (some I know in real life) tell me they only drink beer because they like the taste.

Of course it's not 100%, but it's my opinion almost everyone drinks alcohol for the effect.
I don't believe anyone drinks black coffee because they like the taste.

also wildly incorrect

also wildly incorrect
Yep

also wildly incorrect
Weird, some people have different likes/tastes. I guess black coffee is an acquired taste.

It’s kinda odd so many adult drinks are acquired tastes.

Why has society decided sweet beverages, like chocolate milk and fruit juice, are predominantly for kids?

Why has society decided sweet beverages, like chocolate milk and fruit juice, are predominantly for kids?
I LOVE chocolate milk. And grape juice, apple juice. Just not about getting all the sugar from those so I usually avoid them.

I used to put enough sugar and cream in my coffee to make it a straight up dessert drink. But the sugar just isn’t that great for me. So I stopped cold turkey. I figured out how much sugar I wasn’t ingesting after a few years and it was in the pounds. It’s been 10+ years now.

I used to put enough sugar and cream in my coffee to make it a straight up dessert drink. But the sugar just isn’t that great for me. So I stopped cold turkey. I figured out how much sugar I wasn’t ingesting after a few years and it was in the pounds. It’s been 10+ years now.
Fair enough. I may need to give black coffee another chance.

I know it’s not an either/or, but calories from alcohol aren’t exactly healthy, either.

I know it’s not an either/or, but calories from alcohol aren’t exactly healthy, either.
For sure. I’ve often put forth the question, what’s worse for you, one coke or a beer. I think the coke is worse for you. Talking about 1. Not 9 beers.

Cold brew black coffee ftw.

This is my setup.

Drips overnight and makes the smoooothest black coffee ever. The next morning I add a little water to it, stir up the grounds a bit and just let it sit a few more minutes. :chefkiss:

I’m in my 50s. Drank a fair amount in college, on weekends in my 20s and 30s. Less so in my 40s. Married with teenagers. Honestly, drinking, other than here and there (2-3 at a neighborhood BBQ, and not having to drive or on vacation) is mostly an afterthought. It’s not something I enjoy like I used to, my life just is different now. Loved my times hanging out with buddies and other couples when I first got married, when we’d have a few, but really don’t miss it at all.

Ironically, as we are on a FF message board, the one weekend a year I drink more than usual and on back to back days, is when my 30 year old league gathers for an in person auction. Other than that, it’s few and far between. My wife doesn’t drink much either, and I have no interest in drinking alone. Long story short, my consumption has evolved with my life stage, and while I have zero regrets about more partying in my earlier days, I really don’t miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread