What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Team X Chess thread (1 Viewer)

I think we go Kg6. It protects the f pawn and keeps their King from moving to the f file for now.

Rg5+ doesn't look good as it opens up several tricky situations in a couple of moves.

I think we go Kg6. It protects the f pawn and keeps their King from moving to the f file for now.

Rg5+ doesn't look good as it opens up several tricky situations in a couple of moves.
Kg6 just gives up our bishop. We've got to be able to do better than that.

If we go Rg5+, he's got to go Kf4/Kf2/Kh2

Rg5+ Kf4

Rg4+ Ke5/Ke3

Rxc4 Rxf7

Rc2

doesn't look too horrendous - he can do some attacks on our king, but mate looks tricky. If we get a free move, we can try to make an a pawn dash

Rg5+ Kh2

Bxg2 (Rxg2+ turns out surprisingly bad) Rxa4 (or f7)

Bb7 Rh8+

Kg6 Rg8+

Kf5

I can live with

Rg5+ Kf2

Bxg2 Ke3

Rxa4

doesn't look too bad

I'm not seeing the huge downside to Rg5+

Rg5+

Kh4 what is our response?

If we take the pawn I think they want that and take our pawn with the R on f8+. Things can get sticky from there. Thoughts?

pizzatyme said:
Rg5+

Kh4 what is our response?

If we take the pawn I think they want that and take our pawn with the R on f8+. Things can get sticky from there. Thoughts?
Forgot our king isn't in h5. Need to look at that.

Rg5+ Kh4

Bxg2 Rxa4

The biggest issue that I see is that it's going to be tough to stop his pawn advance. Probably need to move our king in that direction when we can.

Probably just go Be4 after that, and if he takes the a pawn, take his g pawn with the rook. Looks slightly better than just going Be4 immediately.

I think we consider a6 here to force then to take or at least worry about the pawn.

If they take the pawn we cN then go Rg5+ and win back the G pawn with our R. If they move Kh4 we'd have a mate threat they'd have to deal with before trying to advance their C pawn.

So, a6

Rxa6 Rg5+

Kh4 Rxg2

Or a6

Rf8xf7+ Ke5

RxR exf5 (to get a pawn in front of their G pawn) we can then get in Be4 to connect with that pawn to allow our K to stop the C pawn advance.

My vote is for a6.

I think we consider a6 here to force then to take or at least worry about the pawn.

If they take the pawn we cN then go Rg5+ and win back the G pawn with our R. If they move Kh4 we'd have a mate threat they'd have to deal with before trying to advance their C pawn.

So, a6

Rxa6 Rg5+

Kh4 Rxg2

Or a6

Rf8xf7+ Ke5

RxR exf5 (to get a pawn in front of their G pawn) we can then get in Be4 to connect with that pawn to allow our K to stop the C pawn advance.

My vote is for a6.
Is something else (other than the king) wrong in the moves in the Sand's post on the first page? Isn't our bishop under attack?

We go a6, and they go Rxc6 and worry about the pawn later.

Hey guys, it's supposed to be a 3 day limit on moves, you know? You're at a 3 day lag between posts in your thread. Can we finish this thing or what?

Guys, unless someone wants to take over this, I'm going to recommend we resign.

Our game was cancelled (didn't time out and don't know what happened) that I was in with Kutta. I don't have time to go through it with him again.

I never thought this would take 6 weeks!

Any takers? NYS? Sand?

Our game was cancelled (didn't time out and don't know what happened) that I was in with Kutta. I don't have time to go through it with him again.

Any takers? NYS? Sand?
Let's hang it up. My world has gotten so incredibly busy I can't just sit down to think about chess these days.

Thanks for the games, Team X.

Well played, and a lot of fun. Bummer about the ending of that last game, but who know these damn games would take so long!

Any takers? NYS? Sand?
Let's hang it up. My world has gotten so incredibly busy I can't just sit down to think about chess these days.
Ya - I think we'd just be delaying the inevitable at this point, anyway.

GGs, Team O

Next time, I vote to ditch chesstime altogether. Why can't we just pm moves and load 'em up in chess tempo? Seems a lot faster than re-running entire games in chess time when they accidentally time out or someone makes a wrong move.

Next time, I vote to ditch chesstime altogether. Why can't we just pm moves and load 'em up in chess tempo? Seems a lot faster than re-running entire games in chess time when they accidentally time out or someone makes a wrong move.
I think next time we can make a couple accounts on chess.com and have everyone have access. Chesstime for a team thing was a pain in the ###.

Users who are viewing this thread