What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tennis: French Open wide open (3 Viewers)

Typical women's' tennis.  Terrible product.  Why don't they play 3 out of 5 again?  (not that it would make a difference)

Also, to note. If you're looking to smash with a hot/older/wealthy woman, I feel like this venue at the US Open presents some of the best odds out there. 

I'm out of that game, but you can just sense the opportunity is pretty easy.

Gonna need proof of your baseless accusation. Plenty of athletic women don't use the needle.
I don’t have a picture of a needle going into her ### but plenty of smoke around Serena doing PEDs over the years. Serena apparently avoided OC testing for two straight years in 2010-2011. Rumors of Phantom injuries to cover up failed tests. In October of 2011 a tester showed up and she locked herself in a Panic Room and called 911. She backed out of the Olympics in Greece when the IOC didn’t back off on PED testing. Had a pulmonary embolism which typically indicates a sedentary lifestyle. However, Injecting steroids can cause this in athletes. Russian hackers produced documents showing she was giving exceptions for taking banned substances. She is built like a middle linebacker. She is  excelling at an avanced age. She has played a reduced schedule for several years. Tons of chatter within the tennis community among players, coaches and others in the game.

I don’t have a picture of a needle going into her ### but plenty of smoke around Serena doing PEDs over the years. Serena apparently avoided OC testing for two straight years in 2010-2011. Rumors of Phantom injuries to cover up failed tests. In October of 2011 a tester showed up and she locked herself in a Panic Room and called 911. She backed out of the Olympics in Greece when the IOC didn’t back off on PED testing. Had a pulmonary embolism which typically indicates a sedentary lifestyle. However, Injecting steroids can cause this in athletes. Russian hackers produced documents showing she was giving exceptions for taking banned substances. She is built like a middle linebacker. She is  excelling at an avanced age. She has played a reduced schedule for several years. Tons of chatter within the tennis community among players, coaches and others in the game.
Should have been nearly impossible for her to get pregnant. Also, Venus is two years older and not built like a middle linebacker.  :shrug:  

JMO, but I think it's more likely that Sam Stosur (or Rafa) are juiced.

I'm assuming all of them are on something that hasn't been detected yet: Fed, Rafa, Serena.  Federer had one win in 25 majors before magically winning three out of five at 36/37 years old.

Also, to note. If you're looking to smash with a hot/older/wealthy woman, I feel like this venue at the US Open presents some of the best odds out there. 

I'm out of that game, but you can just sense the opportunity is pretty easy.
This event was one of the cooler sporting events I have been to. 

IIRC my ticket to the main evening match was a seat in the main stadium a quarterfinal with Roddick vs Layton Hewitt. That game me access to the whole grounds though where matches were being played at pretty much every court. Doubles, Mixed doubles, etc. There was an area where you could watch the telecast, a beer garden type set up. Was super cool. Will try and do again.

Sounds like a bunch of rumor mongering crap to me. She’s big but not outrageously so. And as somebody said she was able to get pregnant. 

I admire her greatness but always seem to root against her in matches if I’m watching. Not sure why but she annoys me on the court. Feel sorry for the spindly little random Euro player she is always crushing. 
Definitely my favorite tennis player ever. I mean I’m not sitting there watching every single match but she’s easy to root for. Seems like a really good person. And watching her best down some tiny girl from Belarus or Latvia or something just feels very satisfying. 

Definitely my favorite tennis player ever. I mean I’m not sitting there watching every single match but she’s easy to root for. Seems like a really good person. And watching her best down some tiny girl from Belarus or Latvia or something just feels very satisfying. 
Seems like a good person?  I think she's the female goat, but i bet she's a horrible person irl.  I think her true colors came out when she gave it to that ball person at the uso years ago.

I'm assuming all of them are on something that hasn't been detected yet: Fed, Rafa, Serena.  Federer had one win in 25 majors before magically winning three out of five at 36/37 years old.
I can't imagine what you'd take that would really help with precision ball striking, great serve, etc.

Fed won those majors first and foremost because he's awesome but secondly because he caught this little dead patch where novak was out, Murray was out and rafa doesn't excel often outside of clay.

Without novak being so incredible Federer could have won 3 majors between 2012 and 2017.  2 Wimbledon and 1 uso and maybe an aussie when Novak beat him in the semis

Sounds like a bunch of rumor mongering crap to me. She’s big but not outrageously so. And as somebody said she was able to get pregnant. 
PEDs are a lot broader than just steroids, here is a good article from OTL on tennis and their history of substandard drug testing. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/17693288/tennis-pristine-image-performance-enhancing-drugs-which-no-accident

In my mind, it comes down to whether you think the sport of tennis is clean related to PED usage. There is huge prize money available and a history of the sport not testing for things like EPO, HGH and synthetic testosterone which would help players the most. It is crazy in my mind to think there is not a lot of players taking PEDs on tour. Serena ran into a panic room and called 911 when I tester showed up to her house and didn’t take a test. 

I believe Serena has a long history of PED use which in her case includes steroids. I believe Rafa and Roger take PEDs as well. Yeah, it is all rumor at this point. It was also just rumor when Sosa and McGuire were smashing HRs at a record clip. It was all rumor for several years related to Lance Armstrong. 

PEDs are a lot broader than just steroids, here is a good article from OTL on tennis and their history of substandard drug testing. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/17693288/tennis-pristine-image-performance-enhancing-drugs-which-no-accident

In my mind, it comes down to whether you think the sport of tennis is clean related to PED usage. There is huge prize money available and a history of the sport not testing for things like EPO, HGH and synthetic testosterone which would help players the most. It is crazy in my mind to think there is not a lot of players taking PEDs on tour. Serena ran into a panic room and called 911 when I tester showed up to her house and didn’t take a test. 

I believe Serena has a long history of PED use which in her case includes steroids. I believe Rafa and Roger take PEDs as well. Yeah, it is all rumor at this point. It was also just rumor when Sosa and McGuire were smashing HRs at a record clip. It was all rumor for several years related to Lance Armstrong. 
There was some pretty firm runors and eventually evidence with Sosa, Mac and Lance. No such thing with Serena. 

Capella said:

Really good person.

I didn’t see it, but the guy on CNN said that hand signals are done all the time, everybody does it, nobody has ever been called for it. 

There are already charges of sexism and racism (on the internet, not on CNN). 

The tennis equivalent of "stop resisting" as you pummel the guy in handcuffs on the ground IMO.

So many have gotten away with SO much more (coaching, temper tantrums, words to the ref).

The tennis equivalent of "stop resisting" as you pummel the guy in handcuffs on the ground IMO.

So many have gotten away with SO much more (coaching, temper tantrums, words to the ref).
Yes. Truly the worst. Hope he never refs again. Wanted it to be about him. 

Best thing that ever happened to Osaka.  She won a major and is apart of a historical match now.  More visibility.  She is going to win more majors anyway.

If you watch tennis you know coaching is not allowed.  It has come up before.  Not some archaic rule that never comes up.

:pickle:  I just came to revel in Serena's meltdown, loss and misery. She's a terrible person and I'm glad she shamed herself in front of the whole world. YEEEEHEHEHEHE!!!

Torn on this.  I think the ump was way too present.  But Serena is a veteran who should know better.  She said her piece, but couldn’t let it go.  Let herself get her and the crowd in an unhealthy spiral.  She had the ability to control that situation.  Truth is, at least today, she was outclassed by a sharp, athletic and skilled player and her behavior distracted from the reality that she was getting beat.  The crowd booing at Oskaka was a travesty.  There’s power in being an icon (and I am a Serena fan), and she wielded it poorly today.
I agree with all of this AND think the ump had too quick of a trigger on the game penalty.

The match was still undecided when he gave the game penalty. And it was over right there. Osaka was now up 5-3. The chair umpire absolutely caused this mess. I understand that Serena should have known better, but you don’t call a game penalty in that moment of a grand slam championship match. You just can’t do that for this very reason. The ending and trophy presentation were so awkward and uncomfortable. Osaka gets cheated out of her first grand slam title celebration. 

Best thing that ever happened to Osaka.  She won a major and is apart of a historical match now.  More visibility.  She is going to win more majors anyway.
Not only that but she didn't get her "perfect" coronation after winning that first major, so she will still be hungry for it.

I also didn’t like when Serena was protesting the point penalty, she was giving the chair a tongue lashing and mentioned that she “has a daughter” and so therefore she cannot be “ a cheater”. That seemed like a stupid thing to say. 

Conservatives on various right wing websites are going off on Serena Williams. The hatred is really ugly and a lot of it is racist in tone. Part of it is her support for Kaepernick. 

So Serena swore on the life of her infant daughter that she wasn’t cheating and then her coach admitted they were cheating. Class act.

Tim - I support Kaepernick and I’m not a conservative.

Users who are viewing this thread