What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Fall Guy. New Movie Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt (1 Viewer)

nightmare

Footballguy
Rated 7.3 on IMDB. Action, with romance, comedy, and some drama thrown in. That rating feels right.
If you can, see it in IMAX. I rate it somewhere between Deadpool and Expendables
for enjoyment factor. Without the chemistry between Gosling and Blunt the romance
parts would be not as good. The action sequences are very good. We're not talking
Mission Impossible intense but your watching a stunt guy do his job and the scenes
are realistic.

The best part of this movie is it knows it's not Deadpool good and your in on it.
Simple story. No character development as they are plug n play. Blunt is a first time
director with a problem and the producer seems to have the answers. Gosling is the Fall Guy
in more ways then one. There is some Golan/Globus type schlock. It works as you are just along
for the ride as the movie pulls you in and out of the different scenes.

It's not a "go out and see it". It is worth the big screen price and effort.

Are you old enough to have watched the TV show with Lee Majors? Just curious. Movie does look good and I did watch the show as a kid....

Wondering if this is going to be similar to Roadhouse and Point Break, fun movies that might be better if they weren't trying to grab the nostalgia of the originals and called themselves something else?

Are you old enough to have watched the TV show with Lee Majors? Just curious. Movie does look good and I did watch the show as a kid....

Wondering if this is going to be similar to Roadhouse and Point Break, fun movies that might be better if they weren't trying to grab the nostalgia of the originals and called themselves something else?
Yeah I plan on seeing this regardless but he's not a private I? Sad

Hello Heather Thomas :wub:

:goodposting:

Don't stick around for the post credits then. You will be sadly disappointed.

Movie was good. Wife and I enjoyed it. She loves Gossling so she probably forgot I was even there.
That being said, Blunt is equally nice to look at.

Had some slower moments and leave your critiquing of plot holes at the door.

Grab some popcorn and enjoy what it's meant to be.

Can you help kick-start this thread?

I currently have $0 dollars to go see a movie now. This is the first since Indiana Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread