What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you giving up on? Week 3 edition (1 Viewer)

Main league has very short benches. I will give one more start for Mattison against LAC.

Very nervous about Fields. He isn’t good at the throwing the ball part and if he isn’t running is approaching waiver wire material.

Both these guys suck to have in this type of league setup because you don’t want to drop, but they take up valuable real estate for nice lotto tickets like a Jaylen Warren type.

I know this is probably more of an assistant coach question—but to the Shark Pool—and especially to frustrated Jamar Chase redraft owners. I am thinking about making a couple trade offers for Chase in my 0.5pt ppr. These would be the potential offers I would be able to make. Do these sound fair, do they sound like an underpay, or do they sound like an overpay?

Mark Andrews for Jamar Chase
or
Terry Mclaurin+ Tyler Algier for Jamar Chase.
I dont think you are offering enough.

I like the idea of trying to buy him now after 2 dissapointing weeks, but you need to offer more than that.
Appreciate the feedback. I don’t think I’ll make any offers based on the feedback in here—as I wouldn’t feel comfortable offering any more than that (certainly in the case of Mark Andrews). Burrow doesn’t look right to me—and if he’s not looking right—I think that caps the upside of Chase. I could see him and Higgins taking turns having big games, where I trust Andrews to be consistently good/elite relative to his position on a far more regular basis. I do think that Chase has a wonderful chance for a big game on Monday against the Rams. However, if he has another dud— I could see him getting moved for decently less than Andrews.

Sunday morning I took out: Mostert, Josh reynolds and geno smith ant put in richardson, burks,and breece hall......... over 50 points left on my bench :(

I am giving up on me. I made the worst start/sit decisions yesterday morning.

In one league I benched gabe davis, nico collins, and jake ferguson and in another league i benched lockett and la'porta. The guys i put in were complete scrubs, pierce, jeudy, etc.

I had the lineups right all week and then for some reason decided to go and edit them last minute.

I gave up on watching football half way through the day and cleaned house and caught up on my to-do list, gutters etc. :wall:
I have mostly learned my lesson and rarely do changes Sunday morning barring last second injuries.
I am still an idiot at times though, like last Sunday 10 min before kickoff. Out goes Puca and in goes Daulton Kincaid 😔

I love this hoby! 😎
Sunday morning I took out: Mostert, Josh reynolds and geno smith ant put in richardson, burks,and breece hall......... over 50 points left on my bench :(
This is a true thing. Week 1 I did the usual swaps right before kick-off and moved about 40 points to my bench. Scored 86 points. Week 2 comes around and after watching the Sunday morning Fantasy Football shows I went to make my last minute changes. Ooof, my internet was down. Scored 196 points. Lesson learned.
The Tinker Stinker

I know this is probably more of an assistant coach question—but to the Shark Pool—and especially to frustrated Jamar Chase redraft owners. I am thinking about making a couple trade offers for Chase in my 0.5pt ppr. These would be the potential offers I would be able to make. Do these sound fair, do they sound like an underpay, or do they sound like an overpay?

or

I like the idea of trying to buy him now after 2 dissapointing weeks, but you need to offer more than that.
Appreciate the feedback. I don’t think I’ll make any offers based on the feedback in here—as I wouldn’t feel comfortable offering any more than that (certainly in the case of Mark Andrews). Burrow doesn’t look right to me—and if he’s not looking right—I think that caps the upside of Chase. I could see him and Higgins taking turns having big games, where I trust Andrews to be consistently good/elite relative to his position on a far more regular basis. I do think that Chase has a wonderful chance for a big game on Monday against the Rams. However, if he has another dud— I could see him getting moved for decently less than Andrews.
Would you sell him for less than Andrews?

These would be the potential offers I would be able to make. Do these sound fair, do they sound like an underpay, or do they sound like an overpay?

or
Drafted Chase for the first time this year. Excited to watch him.

Those offers wouldn't even be considered by me. A WR3 and a lottery ticket RB for one of the top 5 WRs in the NFL?

It would take some sort of exciting move to interest me, like Kupp, or perhaps Jerome Ford + McLaurin.

or

Well you know your league better than any of us.

I saw an offer for Chase in dynasty format MUCH richer than that turned down recently.

or

Objectively—if I was a Chase owner right now and have decent depth at WR (like the dude in my league has)—I would absolutely consider trading him away for Andrews. The reason people draft players like Andrews, Kelce, Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill and Chase is because they feel like these players will give them a weekly advantage in the roster slots that their owners are drafting them in (WR1 or TE1). At this point, I trust the weekly advantage that Andrews will give me as a TE!1 more than I do the weekly advantage that I’m trusting Chase to give me as a WR1. If you are in a 12 team league and Chase doesn’t consistently deliver top 6 WR results weekly—you aren’t getting an advantage at your WR1 spot. I trust Andrews to be a top 2-3 TE far more than I trust Chase to be a top 6 WR moving forward.

or

I saw an offer for Chase in dynasty format MUCH richer than that turned down recently.
Dynasty and redraft are completely different animals.

or

Objectively—if I was a Chase owner right now and have decent depth at WR (like the dude in my league has)—I would absolutely consider trading him away for Andrews. The reason people draft players like Andrews, Kelce, Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill and Chase is because they feel like these players will give them a weekly advantage in the roster slots that their owners are drafting them in (WR1 or TE1). At this point, I trust the weekly advantage that Andrews will give me as a TE!1 more than I do the weekly advantage that I’m trusting Chase to give me as a WR1. If you are in a 12 team league and Chase doesn’t consistently deliver top 6 WR results weekly—you aren’t getting an advantage at your WR1 spot. I trust Andrews to be a top 2-3 TE far more than I trust Chase to be a top 6 WR moving forward.

or

Of course.

or

or

I have him in redraft and those aren't even close.

or

or

I don't have a problem trading Chase for Andrews if you have the WR depth to do so, I just think you can squeeze a little more.

10 team league. Have Lamb, Godwin, Higgins and Flowers as top 4 WR. Also have Michael Thomas and DeAndre Hopkins. One of them will be getting dropped and it looks like it will be Hopkins.

Didn't see him mentioned anywhere in the thread yet but if he lays another stinker this week, then Najee is hitting the bench. He's faced to very tough run defenses in SF and Cleveland so I'm giving him some leeway...but if he can't make it happen against LV in week 3, oof.

I have him in a dynasty league and am really hoping for him to have a decent showing against the Raiders, and with Houston looming after that maybe a sell window will open for me so I can be rid of him.

Well, I needed to make room for Nico Collins and it was either dump Dotson, or Watson. I chose Dotson........so fire up ur Dotson's folks!

Also probly means Watson's hammy will linger all season......sorry guys

I am giving up on me. I made the worst start/sit decisions yesterday morning.

In one league I benched gabe davis, nico collins, and jake ferguson and in another league i benched lockett and la'porta. The guys i put in were complete scrubs, pierce, jeudy, etc.

I had the lineups right all week and then for some reason decided to go and edit them last minute.

I gave up on watching football half way through the day and cleaned house and caught up on my to-do list, gutters etc. :wall:
I have mostly learned my lesson and rarely do changes Sunday morning barring last second injuries.
I am still an idiot at times though, like last Sunday 10 min before kickoff. Out goes Puca and in goes Daulton Kincaid 😔

I love this hoby! 😎
This is a true thing. Week 1 I did the usual swaps right before kick-off and moved about 40 points to my bench. Scored 86 points. Week 2 comes around and after watching the Sunday morning Fantasy Football shows I went to make my last minute changes. Ooof, my internet was down. Scored 196 points. Lesson learned.
my wife laughs at me because I often overthink it and make last second changes that backfire. I put in burks because Nuk was either not supposed to play or be a decoy. I put in Hall knowing he wouldnt get the volume but he looked fantastic last week, I put in richardson knowing houston is horrible vs the run and richardson could score big with his legs and nothing else...... sometimes I just suck at this lol.

A little captain obvious here by me but Drake London feels impossible to start right now yet don’t want to drop him yet.

Checks roster....only picks 1, 3, 5 and 6. Rest of roster has lots of upside :frown:

Justin Fields
Derrick Henry
Jahan Dotson
Antonio Gibson

Users who are viewing this thread