What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Chark, LAC (1 Viewer)

D.J. Chark caught 8-of-11 targets for 164 yards and two touchdowns in a Week 5 loss to the Panthers.

Chark's second-year leap is incredible. He scored on a beautiful 37-yard rope from Gardner Minshew on the opening drive. Then later in the second half, Chark hauled in a twisting sideline grab where he reached the ball just short of the pylon while tapping to feet inbounds. While he wasn't a name on many fantasy draft boards this offseason, Chark is settling in as a solid start each week. His connection with Minshew at multiple levels of the field is clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
on my bench. Holy crap he's good. Thought this was a let-down game but Minshew is a more-than serviceable QB in this league, and Chark is legit

This is why fantasy football shouldn't exist. Lol.  A billion dollar industry with a time sink that in incalculable with nobody on the planet suggesting this scenario with this player and a backup QB should occur...yet, here we are...some dude nobody knows outplaying all the high stud draft picks.   Meanwhile, juju, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, and Nuk Hopkins combined couldn't have beaten the all-powerful Chark this week.   

on my bench. Holy crap he's good. Thought this was a let-down game but Minshew is a more-than serviceable QB in this league, and Chark is legit
Why didn't I listen to my gut and drop Samuel for this kid a couple of weeks ago.   This kid is going to lead a bunch of teams to the playoffs this year.   He has proven again this week that he is the WR to own in Jax.   

Is it just me or does Chark look way bigger than his listed 198? He doesn’t seem noticeably smaller than Sutton (same height, listed at 216). Robbie Anderson is listed as an inch shorter and 190 and looks way wirier. Maybe it’s my rose colored glasses but this dude looks like a hoss out there

With Gardner behind center (at a minimum), I couldn't find a way not to rank him as a WR1 ROS. Guy is a special talent. (Fully aware you're not going to get WR1 value in return in a trade). The chemistry these 2 have developed is obvious.

I think most people are waiting for Gardner to start playing like a 6th round rookie, but his movement in the pocket is incredible. By a rookie no less.

Love owning this dude.  He's been absolutely HUGE.  I don't start him in every league though.  I guess he's officially an auto start ROS. My best ball leagues are crushing partly due to this guy.  Love me some baby Chark!

Is everyone still starting him  the play saints   and lattimore just shut down Evans  no catches
If Tyreek is playing I will have the hard choice of who to sit between Golladay, Sutton, and Chark. One will need to sit.

We saw what the Saints can do in shutting down Evans last week. I worry they do the same with Chark, as unimaginable as it is to sit him.

He reminds me of TO. I'd start him with confidence no matter who the CB is.
I don't like this comp at all.  TO was a big body possession type who ran in the high 4.6s.

Chark is a blazer with other skills.  My comp is taller Will Fuller? 

I don't like this comp at all.  TO was a big body possession type who ran in the high 4.6s.

Chark is a blazer with other skills.  My comp is taller Will Fuller? 
Ill stay out of the comps for chark but i hate your description of TO.  Did you ever watch TO?  He was not some 'possesion type' wr.  Smfh

Way too hot. Not sure how anyone could consider sitting him.  Remember all the matchup concern/talk from last week?  How’d that work out?

Ill stay out of the comps for chark but i hate your description of TO.  Did you ever watch TO?  He was not some 'possesion type' wr.  Smfh
TO used his amazing body control and size and ability to highpoint the ball and route running more than he used blazing speed. He  was huge and really quick for his size, and manhandled DBs in the open field with stiff arms and amazing YAC ability.  He wasn't super blazing fast. 

Terrell Owens Combine

He must have been injured for that or something because his on the field speed seems way better... 

Is that better? 

Chark is nothing like that.  Chark is the same height and 25 pounds lighter than TO.  I haven't seem him manhanding DBs, high pointing the ball, or anything like that. The catches he is making are nice, but more charecteristic of a deep threat type.  He's getting behind the defense and making nice over the shoulder catches on his big plays.  Chark is super blazing fast.  I'm not sure if he's as agile or quick as TO, especially adjusting for size.

Started Melvin over him in my flex and lost cause of it(Aaron Jones is my new enemy). Was worried about the matchup and figured that was the right call at the time. Now I’m Gonna roll him out every week regardless!

This is a guy to 'buy high'. Not sure why his value hasn't caught up yet to his production (compare and contrast with Godwin).
I think Chark is one of those players where no one is going to sell him cheap but no one is going to pay much to acquire him either.  You can't buy low or sell high.  He won't get traded in many leagues.

I think Chark is one of those players where no one is going to sell him cheap but no one is going to pay much to acquire him either.  You can't buy low or sell high.  He won't get traded in many leagues.
I think what he means is that if you are a baby Chark believer what the Chark owner may be considering as sell high is actually still a deal for you as you can probably get him for less than what Godwin would command.

I think what he means is that if you are a baby Chark believer what the Chark owner may be considering as sell high is actually still a deal for you as you can probably get him for less than what Godwin would command.
Well said. I'm toying with making an offer to a newb dynasty owner just to get a sense of value calibration.

He is WR5 overall in my league and only 10 total points from WR1.  Averaging a TD per game.  He is an auto start in my Lineup going forward, matchup be damned.

He is WR5 overall in my league and only 10 total points from WR1.  Averaging a TD per game.  He is an auto start in my Lineup going forward, matchup be damned.
He is my WR4 once Adams comes back (behind Adams, Kupp, & TY) so other than bye weeks I will have some tough choices to make.

TO used his amazing body control and size and ability to highpoint the ball and route running more than he used blazing speed. He  was huge and really quick for his size, and manhandled DBs in the open field with stiff arms and amazing YAC ability.  He wasn't super blazing fast. 

Terrell Owens Combine

He must have been injured for that or something because his on the field speed seems way better... 

Is that better? 

Chark is nothing like that.  Chark is the same height and 25 pounds lighter than TO.  I haven't seem him manhanding DBs, high pointing the ball, or anything like that. The catches he is making are nice, but more charecteristic of a deep threat type.  He's getting behind the defense and making nice over the shoulder catches on his big plays.  Chark is super blazing fast.  I'm not sure if he's as agile or quick as TO, especially adjusting for size.
Its nbd bro.  And im staying out of the Chark comps because i havent seen enough of him.  I think you should watch some TO.  Saying the HOFer is some ' big bodied possesion type wr' is a really bad mischaracterization of an incredibly explosive player who is 3rd on the alltime TD list for recieving TDs.  And has a career YPR right up there with Moss and Rice to go with all those TDs. 

Its nbd bro.  And im staying out of the Chark comps because i havent seen enough of him.  I think you should watch some TO.  Saying the HOFer is some ' big bodied possesion type wr' is a really bad mischaracterization of an incredibly explosive player who is 3rd on the alltime TD list for recieving TDs.  And has a career YPR right up there with Moss and Rice to go with all those TDs. 
Big bodied possession reciever and incredibly explosive aren't mutually exclusive IMO.  Meant big body possession in terms of the way he played and got open, more so than his traits.   Chark isn't huge like that, and he doesn't seem to make those contested jump ball catches like TO did, but that's not as big of a part of the game as it once was. 

I didn't mean it as an insult to TO.  I agree he was a complete monster.  I hope Chark is that.

I admit I didn't see much of the 22 year old TO. 

Debating between him and scary terry.  Never would have thought that NO defense would be a questionable matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread