What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Boyd, TEN (1 Viewer)

I think he's' a WR3 in Dynasty.  He was a bit udervalued earlier in the summer, but with the Green news, I think his value is up.  

As far as Boyd/Henry--I'd be really tempted to take it depending on your roster makeup
I have him as a WR2 now with borderline WR1 upside in dynasty. I understand people not being as high on him, but WR3 seems a bit low for a player with his talent, size, age & opportunity. 

They make a pretty convincing case for that here:

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2019/05/07/tyler-boyd-the-dynasty-wide-receiver-you-need-to-buy/

coming off 76 rec for 1,028 yards and 7 TDs in year 2 in 14 games played.  

I think the Bengals will be behind a lot and throwing.  With pretty modest improvement he jumps into a top 12 overall type WR.  He may have even finished last year inside the top 12 if he plays a full 16 game season.  

enjoyed the article by @Hot Sauce Guy above.  Im late to the party on this guy but hoping for big things this year.  Trying to figure out if the AJG injury helps or hurts.  Havent really come to any conclusions.  Interested in some other opinions.  

coming off 76 rec for 1,028 yards and 7 TDs in year 2 in 14 games played.  

I think the Bengals will be behind a lot and throwing.  With pretty modest improvement he jumps into a top 12 overall type WR.  He may have even finished last year inside the top 12 if he plays a full 16 game season.  

enjoyed the article by @Hot Sauce Guy above.  Im late to the party on this guy but hoping for big things this year.  Trying to figure out if the AJG injury helps or hurts.  Havent really come to any conclusions.  Interested in some other opinions.  
May be a wash. 

Hurts: increased coverage / quality of coverage

Helps: increased target share. 

Willis being named the starter is probably good news for Boyd. I had some concerns that they would move him out of the slot and make him be the traditional outside WR role with AJ out. Starting Willis and Ross is perfect imo. You get 2 warm bodies to take the outside spots and run fast, but surely a big focus will be getting the ball to Boyd in the slot. 

Willis being named the starter is probably good news for Boyd. I had some concerns that they would move him out of the slot and make him be the traditional outside WR role with AJ out. Starting Willis and Ross is perfect imo. You get 2 warm bodies to take the outside spots and run fast, but surely a big focus will be getting the ball to Boyd in the slot. 
Yeah, I was super happy to see that news as well. 

Tyler Boyd caught 10 passes for 122 yards in Week 2 against the 49ers.

Boyd was the only receiver getting open for Andy Dalton, though most of his production came on a 47-yard catch. It's the second straight game with double-digit targets for him. Boyd has a very high floor with A.J. Green still a couple weeks from returning. He's a WR2 for Week 3 against Buffalo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Zac Taylor said Friday that the offense will utilize Tyler Bloyd, Auden Tate and Alex Erickson in 3-WR sets with John Ross (clavicle, IR) sidelined.

Sticking to the slot is good news for Boyd, as it should allow him to continue to mostly avoid the opponent's No. 1 CB. Erickson's presence in 3-WR sets means that Damion Willis will work as the offense's No. 4 WR. They're each set up brilliantly this week against the Cardinals' brutal secondary.

SOURCE: Jay Morrison on Twitter.

Oct 4, 2019, 1:05 PM ET

Tyler Boyd caught 10-of-14 targets for 123 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 5 loss to the Cardinals.

It was looking like a potentially lost day for Boyd in a golden matchup as Andy Dalton entered halftime 4-of-10 for 22 yards. Thankfully, the duo got cooking after the break, with Boyd delivering his second 10/120 effort of the season. His score was a game-tying 42-yarder with just 2:00 remaining. Boyd got a step on Budda Baker and was gone. Boyd will be a solid WR2 for Week 6 in Baltimore.

I see him a lot in the top 10, as you noted. Undeservedly.
Honestly can't think of any time I've seen him ranked in the Top 10. Not trying to be picky, but when was he ranked there this season? 

Usually he's ranked right around 17-25. 

Aggregate ranking this week is 18.

Honestly can't think of any time I've seen him ranked in the Top 10. Not trying to be picky, but when was he ranked there this season? 

Usually he's ranked right around 17-25. 

Aggregate ranking this week is 18.
Right this moment, Fantasy Sharks has him ranked... 6th!!!

Right this moment, Fantasy Sharks has him ranked... 6th!!!
Those rankings are way off.  If you want to see all the experts in the industry and their rankings, go to

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rb.php

you can choose any combination of experts you like.

With 74 experts, his average is 18, high is 4 (!!!!) and lowest is 46.

By comparison, Courtland Sutton at 19 has a high of 8 and a low of 27.

Boyd has been ranked in the top 10 WR recently over several weeks. He hasn't done much in that time frame. 

I'm not sure what to think? He does get targets.

Boyd has been ranked in the top 10 WR recently over several weeks. He hasn't done much in that time frame. 

I'm not sure what to think? He does get targets.

Two weeks ago at home against Arizona he caught 10 of 14 for 123 yards and a TD (28.3 points PPR).

You can't call that "not much".

In his only other home game this season he caught 10 of 10 for 122 yards (22.2 points PPR) against the SF defense that just completely shut down the Rams and Cooper Kupp.

In his 3 games on the road he has averaged 8.3 points.  

This week he's at home.

Tyler Boyd caught 6-of-8 targets for 65 yards in the Bengals' Week 8 loss to the Rams.

His eight targets were third on the team behind Auden Tate (12) and Tyler Eifert (9), who both had more yards. Boyd has slumped back to earth in recent weeks, but he's still seeing heavy volume and is near the top of the league in targets. Boyd will remain a volume-driven WR2 after the Week 9 bye.

Tyler Boyd caught 6-of-8 targets for 62 yards in the Bengals' Week 10 loss to the Ravens.

This was a pretty typical Boyd game, operating as a check-down option on one of the worst teams in the NFL. Boyd led the team in targets -- Auden Tate had six -- but it will be difficult for Boyd to hit any sort of ceiling with Ryan Finley at quarterback. It's unclear if A.J. Green (ankle) will be available or even wants to play next week and beyond. If Green remains sidelined, Boyd will be a volume-based WR3 against the beatable Raiders next week.

I assumed he must have been injured - not sure he even had a target in the second half and they were throwing all game. This must be what rock bottom looks like (hopefully)....

>>Boyd, who signed a new four-year, $43 million deal this offseason, was specifically frustrated about not getting the ball on a fourth-and-4 at Oakland's 27-yard line. Finley opted to throw to rookie Damion Willis, who was double-covered in the end zone. The pass was incomplete.

Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said it wasn't a bad read by Finley, who was 13-of-31 passing for 115 yards and an interception. However, Callahan also conceded Boyd was open.<<

I don’t know what happened with the Finley decision but the best course for Taylor would have been to get 2-3 wins under the belt to finish the season with a surge... unless the point is to tank. And the GM and owner would need to be on board for that. Didn’t see the game but Finley must have been terrible. 

Tyler Boyd caught 5-of-9 targets for 101 yards and one touchdown in the Bengals' 16-10, Week 12 loss to the Steelers.

After last week's one catch for zero yards performance, Boyd made some noise in the media, saying he needed the ball more. His nine targets led the Bengals on a day Ryan Finley threw it just 26 times, completing 12. Boyd scored his second touchdown of the season and his first since Week 5. It wasn't all pretty, however, as Boyd caught a 22-yard pass in the fourth quarter and lost a fumble inside the 10-yard line at the end of it. Boyd will be a volume-based WR3 next week against the Jets.

Definitely a buy low. QB play has been horrid, the catches he made on the td drive  involved him having to make some pretty great catches. I think even with just a serviceable QB next season Boyd can have an excellent season. This year though? Not so much. 

Just when you're hoping he has earned his way back into the team's good graces (the first TD was a really good fighting effort), he drops the ball and costs them the game. 

Tyler Boyd caught 5-of-6 targets for 75 yards in the Bengals' Week 14 loss to the Browns.

Standard afternoon for Boyd, who again led the team in receiving. This offense just doesn't score points. Boyd is really the only wideout this unit can support on a weekly basis, but he'll be someone to avoid next week against the Patriots.

Tyler Boyd caught 9-of-15 targets for 128 yards and two touchdowns in the Bengals' Week 16 loss to the Dolphins.

Boyd definitely won some people their fantasy championships today. He took advantage of an easy matchup but was also aided by fourth-quarter "garbage-time" that crazily forced the game into overtime after three late touchdowns. Boyd had one of those scores, a simple three-yarder with 29 seconds remaining. His other score, a 34-yarder, came earlier in the contest. It was a truly wild game that had a ton of fantasy production. Boyd will be on the WR2/3 borderline in Week 17 against the Browns for those that play every week of the season.

Boyd still play for the Pitt Panthers?

Tyler Boyd caught 4-of-5 targets for 33 yards in the Bengals' Week 1 loss to the Chargers.

It's only Week 1 with a rookie quarterback and it was far from an easy matchup, but the fact that A.J. Green nearly doubled Boyd in targets (9 to 5) is a slight concern for Boyd's every-week WR3 value. We'll see if this 14% target share is an outlier next week when he faces a much easier matchup in the slot. It's clear that Burrow has some game as a signal caller, but there's certainly room for improvement in Cincinnati. Consider Boyd a rock-solid flex play in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread