What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Boyd, TEN (1 Viewer)

Anyone think the lack of news about Boyd is because Bengals might actually move Higgins and end up resigning him? Any new rumors/updates on him?

Jeremy Fowler
Free agent wide receiver Tyler Boyd was in Los Angeles this week to meet with the #Chargers and will also head to the #Titans later this week, per source,

Market should heat up for Boyd, who has 513 catches for 6,000 yards over eight seasons in Cincinnati.
Titans visit rumors read like he is looking for a lot and they only want to pay him "so much."

Tea leaves reading nothing official

Jeremy Fowler
Free agent wide receiver Tyler Boyd was in Los Angeles this week to meet with the #Chargers and will also head to the #Titans later this week, per source,

Market should heat up for Boyd, who has 513 catches for 6,000 yards over eight seasons in Cincinnati.
Titans visit rumors read like he is looking for a lot and they only want to pay him "so much."

If he's looking for a lot of money he obviously has an overinflated view of himself. Is his agent being brutally honest with him?

He's an old 29, and not one of the top-64 WRs in the NFL. No surprise his market is small. Is he better than DJ Chark? Probably. Does he want more money than a guy like Chark? Also probably.

Jeremy Fowler

If he's looking for a lot of money he obviously has an overinflated view of himself. Is his agent being brutally honest with him?
I just mean a lot relative to the Titans offer.
It could be they offered 3 he wanted 6 or 4 and 8....idk.
Chargers visit was the two sides didn't agree to a deal.
There's been very little details given.

The Bengals can always take his number back from the TE I've never heard of but today the tea leaves read like- we're moving on.

He's an old 29, and not one of the top-64 WRs in the NFL. No surprise his market is small. Is he better than DJ Chark? Probably. Does he want more money than a guy like Chark? Also probably.
I agree.
I've said it a few times. Younger Boyd could fill in and step up his game if the others were injured. He couldn't do this anymore last year. It was more "wysiwyg, I've peaked."

The Titans and Chargers have young WRs they figure will work the slot and be a sub. He's not filling a need so much as improving a position.

I don't think either of them are winning the Superbowl. If he wants $ as a last piece or key addition, it's going to have to be with some other team.

His name seems to be bigger than his stats. I'm definitely seeing that on X and discord. I'm sick of linking to PFR. He never was elite. He never was "all that." He has been a good WR.

Zay Jones visited the Titans. He took has a connection with the new staff and is obviously an experienced WR.
Do you guys have them all that different salary wise as a third WR?

Titans are signing Boyd to a 1-year deal.

I'm of 2 minds here. On the one hand, I think Boyd has clearly declined to the point where he's not longer capable of being anything more than just a slot guy. Truth be told, I'm not sure he's better than Kyle Phillips or Treylon Burks (who should have been a big slot all along in my opinion)

On the other, he's very familiar to the new HC and its possible that with breaking in Will Levis, they just want a more trustworthy option, even if they may be sacrificing upside. I don't think this affects Hopkins/Ridley much at all, I think Boyd is looking at maybe 50 catches at most. I do wonder if Treylon Burks is available for trade right now, who I'd be offering a day 3 pick for.

Titans are signing Boyd to a 1-year deal.

I'm of 2 minds here. On the one hand, I think Boyd has clearly declined to the point where he's not longer capable of being anything more than just a slot guy. Truth be told, I'm not sure he's better than Kyle Phillips or Treylon Burks (who should have been a big slot all along in my opinion)

On the other, he's very familiar to the new HC and its possible that with breaking in Will Levis, they just want a more trustworthy option, even if they may be sacrificing upside. I don't think this affects Hopkins/Ridley much at all, I think Boyd is looking at maybe 50 catches at most. I do wonder if Treylon Burks is available for trade right now, who I'd be offering a day 3 pick for.
Number given away in Cincy, bringing in Zay, then Boyd signed for one year 4.5 mil...I'm guessing he came down a bunch in his salary demands.
Their GM has said they'd listen to offers on everyone when asked of Burks. I can't imagine that's any different.
I'm shocked they're still talking with Zay. I thought one of the two but again maybe the pickings are slim and they get him at a good rate too? Maybe it's smoke.

Burks is outstanding in off-season and training camp. Phillips is too. Then they get hurt.
They've been practice players though and almost never done it in a game.
Burks is a blessed athlete and Phillips is one of the best route runners some (anyone around him) have ever seen- been saying he's Welker like.

Callahan has to play these guys in preseason. Have the mistakes or progress come out.

Years back Harry Douglas was a similar low-mid signing. He got beaten out by a younger WR but Mularkey loved him. He coached up the others, played great on special teams and I don't recall him playing ST before, and then in games he made many clutch catches. He didn't have a lot of yards but he made several plays you'd expect from a veteran. He went on to coach. This was a stepping stone turning point. I was NOT a fan of his signing at all and he changed me. Every team seems to have a story of a guy like Harry.
I see the Burks trade rumors heated up and it makes total sense. Titans have added a lot of age at WR though. Hopkins has spent some time working out with Burks this offseason. Harry role there? Callahan said Burks will work primarily outside. We've all got Boyd in the slot.
I think Burks n Phillips stay and the hope is the veterans fix em up and they have a "good problem" for a change

Users who are viewing this thread